The Student Room Group

Living arrangements

What happens if you said yes to not living at home but you changed your mind later on to live at home while studying does it affect anything?
Reply 1
Original post by Ridhwank
What happens if you said yes to not living at home but you changed your mind later on to live at home while studying does it affect anything?

Your maintenance loan amount will go down
You'd just get a lower maintenance loan, and would have to change your address formally but that's about it
Reply 3
Original post by rxns_00
Your maintenance loan amount will go down

But what happens if I already got my maintenance loan but I decided to stay home what would I have to do?
Reply 4
Original post by danuuutka
You'd just get a lower maintenance loan, and would have to change your address formally but that's about it

So where do I have to go or call to change my living arrangements, but keep in mind I already received my maintenance loan...🤔😞
So where do I have to go or call to change my living arrangements, but keep in mind I already received my maintenance loan...🤔😞

Contact the student housing people of your university, you'll be easily able to find it online, and then call student finance asap
Reply 6
Original post by danuuutka
Contact the student housing people of your university, you'll be easily able to find it online, and then call student finance asap

Thanks!
Reply 7
But what happens if I already got my maintenance loan but I decided to stay home what would I have to do?

I'd expect they'd just change your next payment amount. However, you get your annual loan total in three payments, one in September (or start of October, depends how quickly you get registered at your uni), on in January and one in April. If you know you're staying at home when you go to register at your uni you're going to HAVE to change your details on the SFE website. Especially as you won't have an address in the student accomodation. It wouldn't really be possible to change your mind about accomodation after you get your loan as you'd already have a contract with student accomodation.

EDIT: how have you received your first payment already?? Have you somehow registered with your uni? If you somehow already have your first payment, they'll just change the amount for your next January payment I expect
(edited 7 years ago)

Hi, my name is Niamh Doyle and I am a Third Year student studying Music in Cardiff. Two of my flat mates and I are looking for a new tenant to live with us for next year onwards (from July 2017 onwards) and wanted to know if anyone would be interested?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending