The Student Room Group

I'm skinny and it's really annoying me...

Scroll to see replies

Bob sausage at 6ft 2 and 80kg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 73iso
People think I am skinny but I am actually fat. I can't do endurance because of my medical condition so I mainly do weights instead. I get pressurised against doing it because my parents think that it will stunt my growth, and that's bad if you're 17 and only 5'5
I hate genetics. Feels like the biggest damn source of inequality in the developed world. Then there's a girl in my school who is in poverty but gets bursary and benefits. I actually feel envious of her.

It's a myth saying you'll stunt your growth if you start working out. Working out trains your muscles, growing affects your bones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 73iso
People think I am skinny but I am actually fat. I can't do endurance because of my medical condition so I mainly do weights instead. I get pressurised against doing it because my parents think that it will stunt my growth, and that's bad if you're 17 and only 5'5
I hate genetics. Feels like the biggest damn source of inequality in the developed world. Then there's a girl in my school who is in poverty but gets bursary and benefits. I actually feel envious of her.

You are a couple of inches away from my height. Even though your genetics give you your height, as I said earlier, it's the personality that's more important.
Original post by MaterialBoy
So I'm somewhat skinny. Like I can wrap my hands around my bicep without flexing and I can touch my middle finger with my thumb. I'm 16 male and I've always been fairly skinny. I'm pretty sure it's just one of those everyone develops differently kind of things. But it's summer and I really want to wear tanktops. See, when I put them on my body actually seems in proportion and I personally think it looks okay. But I'm thinking of just ignoring what others may think and just going for it. Also I am going to the gym but I really need to start going more often.

Do you agree?

:wtf: I'm sure everyone can do that :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't wear a tank top purely because I ain't that massive/lean
as I want to be to look as good as wearing a tank top if you're referring outside in the public etc.

Original post by Mvine001
I wear tank tops, and I don't care what people say. I think that if anybody tries to tease you about it, just laugh at them. I sometimes walk around bare-chested. Last time I was teased about that, I told them to take their top off, and I had a better looking six-pack than them!

I agree you should wear whatever you want and feel comfortable in.
Just to point out, abs on a skinny guy is like big t... on overweight girl.
It just doesn't go well. :lol:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
:wtf: I'm sure everyone can do that :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't wear a tank top purely because I ain't that massive/lean
as I want to be to look as good as wearing a tank top if you're referring outside in the public etc.

I agree you should wear whatever you want and feel comfortable in.
Just to point out, abs on a skinny guy is like big t... on overweight girl.
It just doesn't go well. :lol:

Are you trying to say that I should be a large fat person to have abs? You must be messed up. Anyone can have a six-pack, no matter how skinny.
Are you trying to say that I should be a large fat person to have abs? You must be messed up. Anyone can have a six-pack, no matter how skinny.

I give up. no point arguing

can you explain my point to him/her for me?
I go to the gym and do martial arts. That's why I have a six-pack. And I'm glad that you've given up arguing, because I was bound to win, thanks to a similar argument I had at my old school.
Reply 27
Eat more, go to the gym, don't care what people think, wear what you want and love yourself.
You need to learn to eat more, whether that be eating bigger portions or eatting calorie rich food in between meals such as a round or two of Peanut butter sandwiches. Lifting weights will help the weight you gain to be muscle, over fat.

Being skinny with a 6 pack is like big breasts on an overweight woman, as the saying goes, don't count. They're not a product of anything other than your eating habits. That was XxxKingSniper was getting at
Sounds like me. Im way too skinny for my age - especially as a male. I really know what you're talking about. Its definately genetic, I can eat TONS and nothing happens. That is quite frustrating tbh. Especially my arms bother me.

Even though my BMI is too low, I cannot wrap my hands around my biceps, only 2/3 around it. If your middle finger and your thumb can touch around your biceps then that might be very unhealthy.

Im doing very little sport since Im out of school though.

Whats your BMI? Its a good basic indicator.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Angry cucumber
You need to learn to eat more, whether that be eating bigger portions or eatting calorie rich food in between meals such as a round or two of Peanut butter sandwiches. Lifting weights will help the weight you gain to be muscle, over fat.

Being skinny with a 6 pack is like big breasts on an overweight woman, as the saying goes, don't count. They're not a product of anything other than your eating habits. That was XxxKingSniper was getting at

I am the biggest eater in my family. At a buffet once, there was loads of food left and I ate every single thing that was vegetarian.
I am the biggest eater in my family. At a buffet once, there was loads of food left and I ate every single thing that was vegetarian.

That means nothing, I have won a competitive eating challenge. Being skinny vs being normal weight vs being overweight is about your caloric intake over all. Binging one day and then hardly eating in the following days means you do not put on weight, it's how the majority of skinny people are skinny. You just don't know how to eat properly, consistently
Throughout the average day, I eat a lot (I snack too much as well as having 3 meals) and I am still very skinny with little to no muscle on my arms. Just be happy that you don't need to worry about your weight - I wore tank tops when I was on holiday last year and no one batted an eyelid. :smile:

When I'm cutting, once a week I have a "cheat meal" and easily eat a sizeable meal that would have the average person puking from overeating. Once a week, every week. However, because I'm in a calorie deficit for the rest of the week I still lose about 3lbs a week. Consistency is everything, and the very basic rule of Total Daily Energy Expenditure always applies regardless.
Original post by Angry cucumber
That means nothing, I have won a competitive eating challenge. Being skinny vs being normal weight vs being overweight is about your caloric intake over all. Binging one day and then hardly eating in the following days means you do not put on weight, it's how the majority of skinny people are skinny. You just don't know how to eat properly, consistently

Yes I do. That was just an exception
Food will not always improve body weight. I have evidence. Read my earlier post.

thats not evidence.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
thats not evidence.

Yes it is. I would know because I know what I do!!!!!!!!!:angry:
Yes it is. I would know because I know what I do!!!!!!!!!:angry:

I would know because I know science, unless ofc youve got a genuine medical condition that stops you gaining weight.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
I would know because I know science, unless ofc youve got a genuine medical condition that stops you gaining weight.

Who says that I'm not going to gain weight. I have been thinner before.
Who says that I'm not going to gain weight. I have been thinner before.

i have a pet dog and I have black hair.

Quick Reply

Latest