The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

clearing offer from Queen Mary?

Hi all,

If you were offered a place by Queen Mary in clearing, 2013/2014/2015 (whenever) how many UCAS points did you have?
If you can give your course/ grades/ any other clearing Uni offers (+ points), these would be greatly appreciated.
I'm currently holding an offer from QMUL but I'm worried I may have just missed out on it with BBB.
I really need to know about clearing entry requirements because I haven't a *clue* what the typically clearing requirements are!!
Reply 1
I will depend on the course. If you've already got an offer and they have spaces left (ie, will be in clearing) they will generally offer you the place first, so long as you've only dropped a grade (maybe two) As our school's admissions tutor said to me, he would much rather take and teach a student who wanted to be at queen mary and studying that course than someone who would much rather be elsewhere, even if they have a grade or two higher.

In other words, if you already have an offer, you probably won't even need to go via clearing, as long as you have what they are offering to clearing applicants.

I hope this helps. I know this seems patronising but try not to worry, it will all work out eventually. I ended up in clearing and, looking back it was the best thing that could have happened to me. Feel free to message if you want to know anything else, I'll try my best to answer!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by flisshg
I will depend on the course. If you've already got an offer and they have spaces left (ie, will be in clearing) they will generally offer you the place first, so long as you've only dropped a grade (maybe two) As our school's admissions tutor said to me, he would much rather take and teach a student who wanted to be at queen mary and studying that course than someone who would much rather be elsewhere, even if they have a grade or two higher.

In other words, if you already have an offer, you probably won't even need to go via clearing, as long as you have what they are offering to clearing applicants.

I hope this helps. I know this seems patronising but try not to worry, it will all work out eventually. I ended up in clearing and, looking back it was the best thing that could have happened to me. Feel free to message if you want to know anything else, I'll try my best to answer!

Hey did u get into qmul through clearing? And hat grades did u get? Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Deenahappy
Hey did u get into qmul through clearing? And hat grades did u get? Thanks

Yes I did get in through clearing. My grades were AAC
What subject did you get each of those grades in?
Hi to anyone who reads this thread. questphoenix2 is my old account. To confirm for anyone who wants to know, QM were offering BBC for English in clearing last year, and it was CCC for the Comparative Lit BA (I know because I entered clearing). That's all I can remember....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending