The Student Room Group

Miami police shoot caretaker of autistic man playing with toy truck in the street

http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-shows-moments-before-north-miami-police-shot-unarmed-man/

Why? Just why?

And they wonder what the BLM movement is all about. The US police is way too trigger happy. The police are supposed to protect people like this, not shoot them. Disgusting.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Retaliation no doubt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord Samosa
http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-shows-moments-before-north-miami-police-shot-unarmed-man/

Why? Just why?

And they wonder what the BLM movement is all about. The US police is way too trigger happy. The police are supposed to protect people like this, not shoot them. Disgusting.

Watch how people try to justify this.

When he asked the police why he was shot they said 'I don't know' :facepalm:

Thank goodness he didn't die.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Abhorrent, obviously. There is not much else to be said about this instance; I suppose there is the small mercy that it was not fatal this time. But I take issue with BLM because I think the underlying problem is police brutality, not institutional racism. As you say, the US police being too "trigger happy". I think this is the case with all races.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Abhorrent, obviously. There is not much else to be said about this instance; I suppose there is the small mercy that it was not fatal this time. But I take issue with BLM because I think the underlying problem is police brutality, not institutional racism. As you say, the US police being too "trigger happy". I think this is the case with all races.

What frustrates me is people trying to justify this stuff every time the US police do this. Surely it's in the best interest of Americans to want to reform the police so they're more competent and actually do their job properly. Why keep defending them? Punish the ones who can't do their job properly (who ruin the reputation for the ones who just want to protect people and do their job)

Not to mention the amount of US tax payers money wasted on useless policemen, the money spent on the PR disaster that occurs and money spent on dealing with protests that follow. Money that could be better spent on dealing with bigger issues, like armed robberies, school shooters, terrorist threats etc.
Reply 5
What frustrates me is people trying to justify this stuff every time the US police do this. Surely it's in the best interest of Americans to want to reform the police so they're more competent and actually do their job properly. Why keep defending them? Punish the ones who can't do their job properly (who ruin the reputation for the ones who just want to protect people and do their job)

Not to mention the amount of US tax payers money wasted on useless policemen, the money spent on the PR disaster that occurs and money spent on dealing with protests that follow. Money that could be better spent on dealing with bigger issues, like armed robberies, school shooters, terrorist threats etc.

Yes, I agree with all this. My issue is that BLM has turned all the focus onto race and unsubstantiated notions of "institutional racism", when it seems to me that the problem is police brutality in general.
Yes, I agree with all this. My issue is that BLM has turned all the focus onto race and unsubstantiated notions of "institutional racism", when it seems to me that the problem is police brutality in general.

I suspect there is a degree of institutional racism. But I think that goes hand in hand with the police force being incompetent. Punish and remove those with racist attitudes and tendency for police brutality and the issue could be solved.
Reply 7
I suspect there is a degree of institutional racism. But I think that goes hand in hand with the police force being incompetent. Punish and remove those with racist attitudes and tendency for police brutality and the issue could be solved.

Yes, forces need to crack down on this sort of behaviour. Indeed, especially in the many cases where the action taken is lethal, punishment should extend further than that; police officers should not escape charges of murder or manslaughter just because they were wearing a uniform when they completely unnecessarily shot and killed someone. A lot of forces will just protect their officers and perhaps this makes particular idiots take advantage as they feel they can do what they like with impunity.
Reply 8
People will say the Police have a tough job, and indeed they do but their approach to some situations have been poor. Obviously this is a minority but as we know media loves these type stories which tend to magnify the current situation. I've shared my thoughts of police force in the U.S and that their problems is rather to do with the brutality they exhibit than targeting Blacks specifically. I don't however deny that there is likely prejudice against the black community whether justified or not.
With all the resent events in the world:

WW3 likely

People's revolt likely

Nuclear War likely

What next?
There needs to be two separate Americas for the White Americans to be happy, they cannot stand co-existing with Black people.

Yes, it's just the same, except that it's far, far worse for black Americans.

Apart from that, it's completely colour-blind.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yes, it's just the same, except that it's far, far worse for black Americans.

Apart from that, it's completely colour-blind.

Many say that, but I am yet to see it proved.
The fact that black people are disproportionately killed by police in the US can be explained by the fact that they commit a disproportionate amount of crimes in the US. Are the police sexist for disproportionately killing men? No, it is simply the case that men commit a disproportionate amount of crimes. Obviously there are situations like this, where there isn't even a crime to talk of, and they are awful, but they are individual situations and prove nothing general.
Intuitively, I feel that at least some of these killings are probably racially motivated, and that historical racial tensions may well carry over to future generations and, yes, potentially lead to some kind of institutional problem. But I'm not going to assume that that intuitive feeling is right on faith.
This hurts my heart.

Why? Just why?

USA feds are messed up big time
Original post by Eternalflames
There needs to be two separate Americas for the White Americans to be happy, they cannot stand co-existing with Black people.

That is what white and black supremacy groups want. How land would be chosen would be the first of many stumbling blocks on doing that however.

By the way, races don't mix well full stop. There are very few examples in history through to today of large numbers of different races being harmonious and living in prosperous societies (but leftists try to ignore that fact).
Original post by The_Opinion
That is what white and black supremacy groups want. How land would be chosen would be the first of many stumbling blocks on doing that however.

By the way, races don't mix well full stop. There are very few examples in history through to today of large numbers of different races being harmonious and living in prosperous societies (but leftists try to ignore that fact).

I know that, different races are never harmonious and living well together which is why this problem can never be fixed.
Original post by The_Opinion

That's because all the instances of race mixing throughout history was through conquest and colonisation. There were never large, multi-racial societies apart from those created through conquest. Even then, the Greeks, Romans and Ancient Egyptians lived well and harmoniously for a number of years throughout history.
Original post by oShahpo
That's because all the instances of race mixing throughout history was through conquest and colonisation. There were never large, multi-racial societies apart from those created through conquest. Even then, the Greeks, Romans and Ancient Egyptians lived well and harmoniously for a number of years throughout history.

There were plenty of wars.

Also, during times of peace, they were living separately, Egyptians were not in Greece, Greeks were not in Egypt etc., mixing does not work and it never will.
The US army is similar to their police, with the only difference being that the army have a variety of weapons to brutally kill civilians in other countries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending