The Student Room Group

[POLL] How will you be getting maintenance money?

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY

Seeming as none of us are entitled to the UK government maintenance loans I was curious how most of us here will be getting the necessary money to pay for food, accommodation, bills, clothes, haircuts and so on while we study so I made this poll, just check the one that corresponds to you and press submit.

Press here for poll
(edited 7 years ago)
really? i am getting the full entitlement. As a former access student this September..
Reply 2
Original post by sketchymofo2
really? i am getting the full entitlement. As a former access student this September..

Wait what the ****. You're getting a government maintenance loan having not lived in Britain for 3 years before?
Access to HE...
Reply 4
Original post by sketchymofo2
Access to HE...

Ooooooh. Sorry I misread, I had unis in mind when I made the poll thinking that most of us here are uni students.
Original post by cigol
Seeming as none of us are entitled to the UK government maintenance loans I was curious how most of us here will be getting the necessary money to pay for food, accommodation, bills, clothes, haircuts and so on while we study so I made this poll, just check the one that corresponds to you and press submit.

Press here for poll

I said private loan because I'm getting a maintenance loan from the student loan company but I don't think that counts as a private loan as they are owned by the government. Why is there no option for getting a maintenance loan from the student loans company?
Reply 6
Original post by Platopus
I said private loan because I'm getting a maintenance loan from the student loan company but I don't think that counts as a private loan as they are owned by the government. Why is there no option for getting a maintenance loan from the student loans company?

Well because as far as I know the Student Loans company doesn't give loans to non-UK nationals who haven't been resident in the UK for 3 years before the course.
Original post by cigol
Well because as far as I know the Student Loans company doesn't give loans to non-UK nationals who haven't been resident in the UK for 3 years before the course.

Oh sorry, was this poll only directed towards non-UK nationals? I didn't realise as you gave no indication of this in your thread title, or area of the forum in which it was posted. I clearly should have read your original post more carefully.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Platopus
Oh sorry, was this poll only directed towards non-UK nationals? I didn't realise as you gave no indication of this in your thread title, or area of the forum in which it was posted. I clearly should have read your original post more carefully.

Woops, sorry I tried posting this to International Students originally but the Janny must have decided to put it here anyway because it's a poll. My bad. Sadly I don't see an option to change the thread title though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cigol
Woops, sorry I tried posting this to International Students originally but the Janny must have decided to put it here anyway because it's a poll. My bad. Sadly I don't see an option to change the thread title though.

No worries! Sorry I answered it and messed up your results!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending