The Student Room Group

My ex asked me if i'm seeing someone?

So the other evening I got a phone call from my ex, we broke up about 8 months ago and have had no contact since February, she'd been on a night out but claims she wasn't drunk, and she certainly didn't sound it especially from experience with her.

She started asking me loads of questions about my life, whilst telling me that she misses me, loves me still and apologised for everything that had happened, and then asked me if i'm seeing anyone? To which I no not really (I'm speaking to someone but not really seeing them).

Why is she still contacting me this far on? To be honest I'm surprised she's still got my number, we've been out of each others life for well over the length of the relationship.

I'm so confused. I told her that if she wanted to talk properly then she's welcome to ring me the following day, and I've heard nothing since.

Any help would be awesome.
Reply 1
From my experience, this usually means they were with someone but it didn't work out and now they want to be with you again thinking it would be easy. The messages were probably scoping you out to see if you're interested
Reply 2
Original post by Devify
From my experience, this usually means they were with someone but it didn't work out and now they want to be with you again thinking it would be easy. The messages were probably scoping you out to see if you're interested

So why didn't she take me up on the offer of speaking to me at a more appropriate time to talk about it? It's not like I rejected her after all. That's the bit I don't really get.
" telling me that she misses me, loves me still and apologised for everything that had happened " << That's obv why she's contacting you.

And maybe she hasn't got back in contact yet because she's unsure of what to do, or feels as though you don't feel the same. Either way, it's important that you figure out what you want and make that clear to her.
Reply 4
Either she has just been rejected and is looking for someone to comfort her or she's genuine. Either way I wouldn't speak to her.
Reply 5
Original post by Emily.97
" telling me that she misses me, loves me still and apologised for everything that had happened " << That's obv why she's contacting you.

And maybe she hasn't got back in contact yet because she's unsure of what to do, or feels as though you don't feel the same. Either way, it's important that you figure out what you want and make that clear to her.

I did tell her that I missed her too, because of course I do. I was slightly drunk at the time too and had just got home from a night out also, but I don't think that would mean she wouldn't call me if she really wanted to surely?

I told her that i'm happy to talk about it all if she wants to, which I guess would lead to working towards things (pehaps) and us at least speaking again. She asked me what the hell happened to us and I explained it all, and she just burst into tears and apologised. All very surreal.
Original post by Anonymous
So the other evening I got a phone call from my ex, we broke up about 8 months ago and have had no contact since February, she'd been on a night out but claims she wasn't drunk, and she certainly didn't sound it especially from experience with her.

She started asking me loads of questions about my life, whilst telling me that she misses me, loves me still and apologised for everything that had happened, and then asked me if i'm seeing anyone? To which I no not really (I'm speaking to someone but not really seeing them).

Why is she still contacting me this far on? To be honest I'm surprised she's still got my number, we've been out of each others life for well over the length of the relationship.

I'm so confused. I told her that if she wanted to talk properly then she's welcome to ring me the following day, and I've heard nothing since.

Clearly she is interested, although she could just be nosey.

Imo dont overthink it, just get on with your life. If she is interested she will be in contact. You have 8 months getting over it, so dont be too quick to jump back in.
Remind yourself why you split and whether you want to go down that route again. You might just go back to the same old problems unles things changed. Sometimes relationships run their course. just becayse you arent in one now doesnt mean you have to go back to the old one.

Dont get sucked in just carry on and if she does get back in touch deal with it then.
Block her.

From what it looks like it seems that they yes might have been with someone else and it didn't go as planned so wants to get back with you , but it could also mean to find out if you were with someone and for them to try and move on , so make you jealous in a way , don't worry too much , but I would suggest not talking anymore or one last talk , because she is not a nice person from the sounds of it and will just drag you along with her and you will just get more close and hurt , that's all :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Ria25
From what it looks like it seems that they yes might have been with someone else and it didn't go as planned so wants to get back with you , but it could also mean to find out if you were with someone and for them to try and move on , so make you jealous in a way , don't worry too much , but I would suggest not talking anymore or one last talk , because she is not a nice person from the sounds of it and will just drag you along with her and you will just get more close and hurt , that's all :smile:

Funny you say that actually, when I reciprocated the question of "are you speaking to anyone? " she responded that she hadn't even kissed a guy since we broke up?? Lies?? Which would be out of character for her as she was never a liar!
Block her and move on buddy.
You can do better, move on, and forward :smile:
Funny you say that actually, when I reciprocated the question of "are you speaking to anyone? " she responded that she hadn't even kissed a guy since we broke up?? Lies?? Which would be out of character for her as she was never a liar!

Sometimes you only realise person true colour by how they are free but you find out too late .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending