Sorry but whats FT and HL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Google is your friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Google is your friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol what actually is it?
Google says "Fianncial Times" and "Hargreaves Lansdown" though the second one makes sense
Original post by Trapz99
Lol what actually is it?
Google says "Fianncial Times" and "Hargreaves Lansdown" though the second one makes sense

Didn't Google hard enough

full time and houlihan lokey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
If there's an option to provide your university academic transcript in the application, is it worth giving it to them if it's a (comfortable) 2:1 and not a 1st?
Original post by TJ263
If there's an option to provide your university academic transcript in the application, is it worth giving it to them if it's a (comfortable) 2:1 and not a 1st?

a 2:1 is the requirement, wont make much difference it being a 1st over a 2:1
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by Breakingbank
a 2:1 is the requirement, wont make much difference it being a 1st over a 2:1

How much value do you reckon getting a strong first adds to your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
How much value do you reckon getting a strong first adds to your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied last year for summer internships (was just starting my second year). Now switched course so have to redo second year. Any problems with reapplying?
Reply 109
Original post by PatBateman
I applied last year for summer internships (was just starting my second year). Now switched course so have to redo second year. Any problems with reapplying?

nah
If I were to go into third year of my degree in September but with the intention of doing a masters afterwards, is it likely to affect chances of getting an internship?
Original post by PatBateman
If I were to go into third year of my degree in September but with the intention of doing a masters afterwards, is it likely to affect chances of getting an internship?

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I am starting my second year out of a 4 year course (so not penultimate year), are there any companies that will not consider me because of that (or will affect me in any way)?
Just sent my application for IBD and Trading to GS,Slightly concerned as these divisions are quite different. I think my cover letter covered my motivation for these 2 fields nicely, but I'm worried they think I'm not sure what I want (which I am! I simply enjoy both of them).Any comments on this?
Original post by alexbalan
If I am starting my second year out of a 4 year course (so not penultimate year), are there any companies that will not consider me because of that (or will affect me in any way)?

I am having the same issue here mate. I'm on a MEng course (can switch to BEng if I want to 'fix' this issue but I feel it's best to stick to the current path). So far I've only found a couple of firms willing to take people on second year of a 4 year course. If anyone has a list, please let us know
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Just sent my application for IBD and Trading to GS,Slightly concerned as these divisions are quite different. I think my cover letter covered my motivation for these 2 fields nicely, but I'm worried they think I'm not sure what I want (which I am! I simply enjoy both of them).Any comments on this?

Bad idea imho. job isn't the same at all.

Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I am having the same issue here mate. I'm on a MEng course (can switch to BEng if I want to 'fix' this issue but I feel it's best to stick to the current path). So far I've only found a couple of firms willing to take people on second year of a 4 year course. If anyone has a list, please let us know

Actually none should consider you since summers are potential hires for .. next year.
you should apply to springs.
Original post by savonarola
Bad idea imho. job isn't the same at all.

:frown: I guess diversification is only good when investing, not when applying
Reply 117
Does anyone know anything about summer internships and having to resit the year? I marginally failed my second year at LSE, I had extenuating circumstances. Any advice? Thanks
And here we are, 1 year has already passed since thinking about SWs!

When do you think is it ideal to submit applications? I was thinking about first half of september. Last year I definitely applied too late for SWs :frown:
people applying to summers for the second time: do you have any specific do's and dont's with regards to applications?

Quick Reply

Latest