The Student Room Group

C2 - Logarithms

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
I just think your method of differentiating is very prone to mistakes like these as well as misconceptions, whereas implicit differentiation or parametric differentiation provide much nicer methods.

Lol, okay. What module is parametric differentiation in, C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chittesh14
Lol, okay. What module is parametric differentiation in, C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno, hence my C(?). :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
I dunno, hence my C(?). :tongue:

Lol. I'm gonna stop and do it tomorrow probably. I don't know, I don't revise properly. I'm gonna read over the examples again later lol
Original post by Ayman!
You might want to cover implicit differentiation from C4

Sorry, forgot about this lol.
I want to do it, but I also don't.
I think I'll leave implicit differentiation out - I feel it's not necessary.
I will learn it when I finish FP1 (you may feel that's useless) and if I like it, I'll use it in these type of questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B_9710
x
Original post by RDKGames
x
Original post by Zacken
x

I don't understand how the gradient of OQ is y = c^2 / 4a^2 and if it isn't, I don't understand how to get to the correct answer of the equation.

Q = (2a, c^2/2a)
I don't understand how the gradient of OQ is y = c^2 / 4a^2 and if it isn't, I don't understand how to get to the correct answer of the equation.

Q = (2a, c^2/2a)

Seriously? This is GCSE stuff. QQ is the point (2a,c22a)\left(2a, \frac{c^2}{2a}\right). The origin is the point O(0,0)O(0, 0). The gradient of the line between those two points is c22a02a0=c22a2a=c24a2\displaystyle \frac{\frac{c^2}{2a} - 0}{2a - 0} = \frac{c^2}{2a \cdot 2a} = \frac{c^2}{4a^2}. Basic fractions.
Original post by Zacken
Seriously? This is GCSE stuff. QQ is the point (2a,c22a)\left(2a, \frac{c^2}{2a}\right). The origin is the point O(0,0)O(0, 0). The gradient of the line between those two points is c22a02a0=c22a2a=c24a2\displaystyle \frac{\frac{c^2}{2a} - 0}{2a - 0} = \frac{c^2}{2a \cdot 2a} = \frac{c^2}{4a^2}. Basic fractions.

Sorry I forgot to post that I solved it. Yeah, I forgot how to divide fractions for about 2 hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I forgot to post that I solved it. Yeah, I forgot how to divide fractions for about 2 hours.

Okay.
Original post by Zacken
Okay.

Zackennnnnnnnn!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zackennnnnnnnn!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?
Original post by Zacken
What?

Nothing mate.