The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Thanks rayquaza and devify :smile: Do you get Pokémon coins or any other sort of reward for defeating Pokémon in the gyms? Also, what's the benefit to me of lowering the prestige of a gym? Does it pay to be there when the number is very low, so I can potentially be the one to swap out one of the characters?
Original post by pinkchick1987
Thanks rayquaza and devify :smile: Do you get Pokémon coins or any other sort of reward for defeating Pokémon in the gyms? Also, what's the benefit to me of lowering the prestige of a gym? Does it pay to be there when the number is very low, so I can potentially be the one to swap out one of the characters?

You guys should do gps spoofing its amazing i caught around 50 pokemon in around an hour.....sorry i quoted you....i gt a new phone and theres no way to just reply to the thread ...i have to click on someone elses message to type

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GothicShield
You guys should do gps spoofing its amazing i caught around 50 pokemon in around an hour.....sorry i quoted you....i gt a new phone and theres no way to just reply to the thread ...i have to click on someone elses message to type

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's ok :smile: how do you GPS spoof?
That's ok :smile: how do you GPS spoof?

Have your phone rooted...download supersu.....install xposed framework....download a gps fake.... Lol btw just caught a dragonair

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can collect coins every 21 hours. Per each Pokemon you have in a gym, you get 10 coins and 500 stardust. You also get some xp just for fighting.

If you lower the prestige enough, you could take over the gym, meaning that's another Pokemon you can leave and more rewards
I just downloaded it and oh em gee what do I do after I catch one of the starters?
Left my house with 0 pokeballs, returned with 131 pokeballs and 9 eggs. Successful trip
Original post by ColossalAtom
I just downloaded it and oh em gee what do I do after I catch one of the starters?

Go out and find pokemon and pokestops and gyms.
Original post by shawn_o1
Wait until the other 570 are rolled out. Then you won't have to regret releasing them too early :wink:

That's a good point actually, thanks 😄.*

(Although, minus a few of them - those extra Pokemon are dead to me haha). *
Original post by iMacJack
Left my house with 0 pokeballs, returned with 131 pokeballs and 9 eggs. Successful trip

How long did it take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Except if you want to GPS spoof, you have to go into your developer options and select the "Allow Mock GPS locations" option. If you do that, Pokemon Go won't fully load. It will load the game, but will say "GPS not found" and won't load gyms, stops or Pokemon.
How long did it take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 2 hours? I live near a tonne of them haha!
Original post by DarkMagic
I keep hatching 2km eggs hoping for Pikachu or Charmander (or even Squirtle for the candies) but I keep getting Weedle or Caterpie 😟

Chin up! Whilst you're leveling you want more of those candies anyway :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would we deliberately stop doing the most fun thing about this game, and risk getting banned in the process :confused:

If you're just going to sit in your house and catch pokemon you might as well not play the game and just pretend you've caught them all
Original post by Devify
You can collect coins every 21 hours. Per each Pokemon you have in a gym, you get 10 coins and 500 stardust. You also get some xp just for fighting.

If you lower the prestige enough, you could take over the gym, meaning that's another Pokemon you can leave and more rewards

Thanks! I stopped at 4 gyms on the way home from work and took them all over! They all got kicked out before the end of the night but hopefully I got some XP from it, and I got 40 coins... It's going to take a while before I can afford anything with coins at this rate!
Original post by Architecture-er
Why would we deliberately stop doing the most fun thing about this game, and risk getting banned in the process :confused:

If you're just going to sit in your house and catch pokemon you might as well not play the game and just pretend you've caught them all

Yeh, I agree, I think I'd get bored with the game if I could just sit at home and do it. Takes away the whole point of the game
hey I'm thinking of downloading pokemon go to play on my walk to work ; any advice guys ??
Original post by fefssdf
hey I'm thinking of downloading pokemon go to play on my walk to work ; any advice guys ??

listen to music is better
Reply 878
I just acidently trashed an incense when trying to use it :bawling:
Original post by shawn_o1
listen to music is better

No because I don't like blocking out the outside world !

Quick Reply