The Student Room Group

Issues with post grad funding

I have applied for funding (via the paper method as the on line tool was not working) only to have been informed I am not egilible as my course is not listed.

This is very odd as my university has created a dummy account which shows the course and having spoken to a very helpful person yesterday at SLC (the only helpful person I have encountered), the course is definitely listed.

Is anyone else having the same problems with part time courses? Can anyone give me advice as to what to do next? I have been told conflicting things including starting my application again and being able to add the course to my application. I cannot do this on line as it appears as an 'error'. Help!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Fable84
I have applied for funding (via the paper method as the on line tool was not working) only to have been informed I am not egilible as my course is not listed.

This is very odd as my university has created a dummy account which shows the course and having spoken to a very helpful person yesterday at SLC (the only helpful person I have encountered), the course is definitely listed.

Is anyone else having the same problems with part time courses? Can anyone give me advice as to what to do next? I have been told conflicting things including starting my application again and being able to add the course to my application. I cannot do this on line as it appears as an 'error'. Help!!!!

You need to contact the uni. It is their responsibility to ensure that their courses are listed for the loan and also that they are set up properly on the loan system. If it is not working properly, the uni has to follow up with SF to make sure that it gets fixed.
Reply 2
That's already been done hence why it's now showing. Interestingly the first person I spoke to at SLC was adamant the course was not listed and my call was not logged. The second person I spoke to found the course so it's devintely been updated.

My issue is now how do I apply to ensure I get the loan? My previous application was not approved on the basis my course was listed, which is clearly not the case......
I've been informed I'm not eligible because my previous student loans are in arrears.... But they aren't...? And I only have £5k outstanding. Very strange. I'm wondering if they had too many applications so they are fobbing people off to get the applications down.
Reply 4
Original post by Jojo1daffy
I've been informed I'm not eligible because my previous student loans are in arrears.... But they aren't...? And I only have £5k outstanding. Very strange. I'm wondering if they had too many applications so they are fobbing people off to get the applications down.

If you aren't in arrears, then it's an error by SF, pkain and simple, and you need to get it sorted with them before it starts affecting your credit rating. There would be easier ways of weeding out applicants than telling them something which is blatantly untrue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending