The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Good to hear! I'd really recommend getting Adblock Plus to avoid many dangerous popups and ads.

And thanks for the PM offer, I apologize in advance for anything I might send you. :colondollar:

No need to apologise in advance/at all for anything! :hugs:

I've got Adblock Ultimate, plus Sophos anti-virus (via uni). Hopefully that'll do the trick :yep:
a) it's extremely difficult to prove that a psychiatrist misrepresented things and b) she retired last week! I know! ****ing ridiculous, I saw her once, she sectioned me, then she retired. So angry.

My wife is urging me to see someone the next town over, but that's a 40minute drive each way and if I'm seeing them every few weeks it's a lot of driving, which I'm not really the biggest fan of. :/

I'm so worried about cameras and microphones in my place but my wife gets angry everytime I even mention them. I'm also finding it extremely hard to be in public, all the noise people make is making me feel so uncomfortable. Thank **** I have klonopin.

Thanks for the reply, buddy. I might look into if I have any recourse but tbh with how I'm feeling right now I probably couldn't put things together.

How're things with you?

Hmm I guess that's true
Wait what!!! Yeah that's ****ing ridiculous! Ugh that's just awful! Man you deserve to see someone actually capable of curing you!

Maybe hats the only options! Is there a train service you can use at all? I don't know if they trains over there a lot tbh but I thought I'd ask. Yeah that's quite long but surely it's worth it though?
Ah well that's not ideal but maybe it would help you overcome your dislike of driving?

Did they ask for permission to put them in? If not that's a breach of privacy and they need to be removed asap! Why does she get angry at you? Surely if you're in discomfort she should comfort you? Why were they installed?
Aw no I'm sorry to hear that! Well just take things one step at a time and you'll defo get there! I promise!

No worries! Always here if you need someone!
Hmm well defo look into it and just see how you feel about it.

I'm improving! My new therapist is helping a lot and I'm starting to feel less and less anxious about things, even if I was diagnosed with 'High Anxiety' today. But yeah I'm defo improving and I can feel the difference already!
Thanks for asking!
My contact in work is ending later this week; I thought I had something else lined up to start straight after but it fell through. Really frustrated :mad:
My jaw hurts so much cos i keep grinding it, not purposefully i just find myself doing it :/

~Anon 1
Original post by Anonymous
My jaw hurts so much cos i keep grinding it, not purposefully i just find myself doing it :/

~Anon 1

I'm bad for grinding and clenching my teeth without realising it too. My jaw gets so sore from it, sometimes it is worse than any toothache I've ever had. I think I clench out of anxiety and stress as I clench my shoulders when I'm stressed too without realizing it.

Hope your jaw feels better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for a job and received a fairly rude sounding email back that they won't be taking my application forward as there's gaps in my CV (from doing my degree and being on ESA for six months). I've got two days left in work and I'm tempted to not go in after that. I was worried that being on ESA and being a graduate would work against me whilst looking for jobs; and this just confirmed it.
Original post by Anonymous
Applied for a job and received a fairly rude sounding email back that they won't be taking my application forward as there's gaps in my CV (from doing my degree and being on ESA for six months). I've got two days left in work and I'm tempted to not go in after that. I was worried that being on ESA and being a graduate would work against me whilst looking for jobs; and this just confirmed it.

Did you put you were at uni and the reason why you were on esa?
Iv never had an issue with my employment gaps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Did you put you were at uni and the reason why you were on esa?
Iv never had an issue with my employment gaps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did mention I was at uni and the dates and no didn't mention ESA; I was doing some volunteering/distance learning during this time which is mentioned on my CV and in my hometown (I moved to another part of the country a few months ago) there is a lot of unemployment so a few months gap isn't really seen as an issue. He also mentioned that my employment was unstable because I had short term contracts in different sectors; these were during the recession - in my hometown during this time you were really lucky to have a job! I've never had any problems with gaps before myself; I think maybe this particular recruiter has unrealistic and/or outdated views on employment.
would anyone be willing to help with SH urges over pm? i realise we're not allowed to talk about it in this forum anymore because it's too triggering, but i really need some help right now (my family doesn't know and i don't want to upset my friends so i can't talk to any of them about it) i'm sorry
Original post by tanyapotter
would anyone be willing to help with SH urges over pm? i realise we're not allowed to talk about it in this forum anymore because it's too triggering, but i really need some help right now (my family doesn't know and i don't want to upset my friends so i can't talk to any of them about it) i'm sorry

http://www.7cups.com/self-harm/
One of the service users mum called up their CMHT to say how pleased they were with me.

That's the same CMHT I am under. Felt nice knowing I've proved to my CCO and everyone that I AM good at my job despite having this diagnosis - to all those who doubted me when I said I wanted to work in mental health.*
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm bad for grinding and clenching my teeth without realising it too. My jaw gets so sore from it, sometimes it is worse than any toothache I've ever had. I think I clench out of anxiety and stress as I clench my shoulders when I'm stressed too without realizing it.

Hope your jaw feels better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you lovely :hugs: x
Oh believe me, there is absolutely zero chance of me willingly seeing her again, thankfully I don't have to. On leaving, the hospital set up an appointment with a psychiatrist who I assumed was the one who sectioned me - so I called up and they told me she had retired. So basically her last act was to section someone on frivolous grounds. :mad:

I don't trust the whole clinic now so gotta somehow find another psychiatrist. However, as I live in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere I'm probably going to have to go further out, which means driving like 45 minutes each way. :sigh:

How're you doing? I was trying to read over what I missed but yeah...concentration problems :colondollar:

She sounds like a horrible woman. :hugs:

I've not posted much, so you've not missed much from me. My CPN is off on his holidays, but he is back next week. Just trying to keep myself busy, work, reading, music. But I still get periods of sadness, and it really sucks.
Had a bit of a disappointing encounter at work today. One of my service users has been harming someone else and I became concerned. I spoke to his care coordinator and she told me not to worry about it. I wasn't happy so I spoke to my manager who agreed with me that it was concerning and would possibly be a safeguarding concern. I emailed the care coordinator again and she didn't respond. My manager asked me what was going on so I spoke to the deputy manager of the cmht to seek advice. After this the care coordinator sent me a blunt email saying we will talk today. So I had a chat with her. She was quite confrontational around how I went to the manager and it wasn't needed. She said she was going to report me but didn't in the end.

I'm so confused and annoyed. I was just following up a concern - there was risk of real harm to someone. I feel like ****. Feel like I did the wrong thing and I've pissed off the staff. I don't know what to do. Just feel like not going into work tomorrow. Theoretically I think I did the right thing, but maybe I was harsh to speak to the manager. I don't know. Just hating myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanyapotter

You can pm me if you like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Had a bit of a disappointing encounter at work today. One of my service users has been harming someone else and I became concerned. I spoke to his care coordinator and she told me not to worry about it. I wasn't happy so I spoke to my manager who agreed with me that it was concerning and would possibly be a safeguarding concern. I emailed the care coordinator again and she didn't respond. My manager asked me what was going on so I spoke to the deputy manager of the cmht to seek advice. After this the care coordinator sent me a blunt email saying we will talk today. So I had a chat with her. She was quite confrontational around how I went to the manager and it wasn't needed. She said she was going to report me but didn't in the end.

I'm so confused and annoyed. I was just following up a concern - there was risk of real harm to someone. I feel like ****. Feel like I did the wrong thing and I've pissed off the staff. I don't know what to do. Just feel like not going into work tomorrow. Theoretically I think I did the right thing, but maybe I was harsh to speak to the manager. I don't know. Just hating myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't hate yourself - you took appropriate action given your concerns and the situation, 100% sure of that xxx :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Don't hate yourself - you took appropriate action given your concerns and the situation, 100% sure of that xxx :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: how are you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm ok thanks! Though back to TSR not working on laptop :cry: I celebrated too soon yday :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You deffo did the right thing!
You were concerned so spoke to your manager, thats what anyone including myself would do!
I personallh dont see why the CC ISNT concerned?!?

Try not let it get to you, you did no wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FireFreezer77
Hmm I guess that's true
Wait what!!! Yeah that's ****ing ridiculous! Ugh that's just awful! Man you deserve to see someone actually capable of curing you!

Maybe hats the only options! Is there a train service you can use at all? I don't know if they trains over there a lot tbh but I thought I'd ask. Yeah that's quite long but surely it's worth it though?
Ah well that's not ideal but maybe it would help you overcome your dislike of driving?

Did they ask for permission to put them in? If not that's a breach of privacy and they need to be removed asap! Why does she get angry at you? Surely if you're in discomfort she should comfort you? Why were they installed?
Aw no I'm sorry to hear that! Well just take things one step at a time and you'll defo get there! I promise!

No worries! Always here if you need someone!
Hmm well defo look into it and just see how you feel about it.

I'm improving! My new therapist is helping a lot and I'm starting to feel less and less anxious about things, even if I was diagnosed with 'High Anxiety' today. But yeah I'm defo improving and I can feel the difference already!
Thanks for asking!

Nope, no trains nearby. Rail services are really bad in the US if you live outside of certain cities - hell, there aren't even buses where I live. :eek2: My wife works and my uni classes start in August so it would be difficult to put aside 3 hours to get see someone.

No, they didn't ask permission. The government put them there to see how their plan of making me do what they want turns out. I'm finding it very difficult to cope with. My wife shouts and gets angry because apparently it's "all in my head" and there are no cameras but I know she's wrong. That's why they put me in the hospital so they could bug my apartment without worrying about me catching them in the act.

I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling better already :smile: Sounds like your therapist is great, though, of course, it takes effort on your part too so well done, mate!

Latest