The Student Room Group

What would you say has to be the easiest GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

maths, cos you just need to know what you are doing and then it is super easy to apply the knowledge to the questions we get asked..
Maths :cool:
Original post by ?Hannah
maths, cos you just need to know what you are doing and then it is super easy to apply the knowledge to the questions we get asked..
Hey, I know this is random but a lot of people got confused about how many sweets you had in your bag, if I remember correctly, it was 10, right? :tongue:
ICT by far, everyone in my class got A's and A*'s. The coursework is easy if you spend time doing it and the exam is so easy you hardly have to revise for it.
Reply 84
i cant even remember GCSEs omg
english literature and english language
Spanish
Sciences were rly easy after you've learnt it all
Drama
Got to be maths. If you're naturally talented at maths then you can pretty easily get an A* without revising, and the grade boundaries are ridiculously low, I remember you needing 57/200 raw marks for a C and 95/200 for a B in 2014.
Administration. Practical is just clicking buttons and the theory is common sense
Definitely RE because you literally get graded for putting your own opinion and a couple of Bible quotes.
Maths.
For me it was textiles as coursework was 60% and the exam was easy
JoshC98

What board is that for?

Also it was kind of like that for AQA further maths, but that didn't make it any less hard. A* was about 125ish/175 but A^ (A* with distinction) was 150/175 usually ''''\_(-_-)_/''''

And in any case, if you are naturally talented at maths, the B and C grade boundaries are virtually irrelevant; it tends to spread out in the lower grades anyway
(edited 7 years ago)
Deffo R.S and maths doesnt get easier than tht lol
In hindsight there's no challenge at all, that's why you've got to do a levels now because gcse's are a pisstake. I might just say English, it's so straightforward, but maybe not everyone will say that because they hate essays or something.

I honestly think now the reason why there's so much atheism in Uk though is because RE was so laughably easy that people kind of brush religion off now? Dunno.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by thegreatwhale
gotta be english lit right with all that bs?

(not that i like english lit, i hate it but just a suggestion)

Too much bs, I failed it

Original post by 2016_GCSE
For me it has to be GCSE ICT, The coursework is rubbish but the exams are super easy.

ICT is a joke, but they're changing it now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simonthegreat
Drama

Drama was a joke...such stressss
Reply 98
It's subjective obv, but people who's first language is the gcse, the effort required will probs be the least for them
Original post by buzzyambee
For me it's French as I'm already bilingual! Otherwise, I'd probably say Music.

I found music really hard. After the summer I'm in year 11; I hated it so much that I've dropped it and I am now taking an EDCL course (skills based IT, rather than computing). It didn't help that the new teacher was unhelpful and rude, and she had her favourites, and it was easy to tell that I wasn't one of them!

Quick Reply

Latest