The Student Room Group

Do you think she may have liked me or not?

I came across a girl a few months back that used to go to my sixth form who I really liked but due to completely different friend groups and subjects we only ever spoke a handful of times. I then being my naive self decided to ask her out in front of other people despite us not knowing each other too well (Cringeworthy I know haha) but that was due to a lack of experience. She's pretty shy so putting her on the spot meant I had no chance whatsoever because she couldn't even think properly.

I found out that several of her close friends had crushes on me when I was still at Sixth Form and when I bumped into her a few months back she seemed really glad to see me (Smiling, asking questions etc).

Do you think she maybe does like me (or at least find me attractive) but said no because I put her on the spot and didn't know me well enough?
Original post by Anonymous

Do you think she maybe does like me (or at least find me attractive) but said no because I put her on the spot and didn't know me well enough?

No. Girls at that age are at a higher maturity level than boys usually, so your understanding of the encounter is different to hers. Likelihood is that she's trying to forget the awkward situation where you showed her up in front of a group of people she may not be fully comfortable around, and she's being friendly to move past it, and go back to just being on a friendly basis.

She might have found you attractive. But smiling and being nice doesn't support that opinion. Usually if a girl found a lad attractive she keeps it to herself or to her closest friends. I smile when I walk past people I want to be on a friendly basis with - it doesn't really mean much.

Im not trying to be rude, but your perspective seems to be that dating at 17/18 resembles dating at 10/11, where it's done based on looks. Chances are she didn't say yes because she doesn't actually know you, and that she wants a little more out of you than being normal casual school talk.
Reply 2
Original post by xEmilyxx
No. Girls at that age are at a higher maturity level than boys usually, so your understanding of the encounter is different to hers. Likelihood is that she's trying to forget the awkward situation where you showed her up in front of a group of people she may not be fully comfortable around, and she's being friendly to move past it, and go back to just being on a friendly basis.

She might have found you attractive. But smiling and being nice doesn't support that opinion. Usually if a girl found a lad attractive she keeps it to herself or to her closest friends. I smile when I walk past people I want to be on a friendly basis with - it doesn't really mean much.

Im not trying to be rude, but your perspective seems to be that dating at 17/18 resembles dating at 10/11, where it's done based on looks. Chances are she didn't say yes because she doesn't actually know you, and that she wants a little more out of you than being normal casual school talk.

I'm not disagreeing but to be honest I find people at the age of 17/18/19 are still so shallow..
Original post by xEmilyxx

Girls under 21 are in my experience immature as hell. It's just that they are different from the boys who are immature but in a different way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jblackmoustache
Girls under 21 are in my experience immature as hell. It's just that they are different from the boys who are immature but in a different way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm fairly inclined to agree. I was coming at it from my perspective, and thinking of what I would do if a guy approached me like this. I'm 16 and feel like I have the maturity of a uni graduate, but thats just what I think.

In regards to the OP, I think it all depends on the girl herself, as all women have different signals and some like to hide thoughts more than others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending