The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Ophthalmic Dispensing 2016

Wont be applying this year for uni.. but aint seen a any updates for 2016 ophthalmic dispensing course on city uni website, was considering going through this route next year.. to get into optometry but has anyone been accepted for this course? a few of my friends been rejected.. not sure why :-/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mrnazz00923
Wont be applying this year for uni.. but aint seen a any updates for 2016 ophthalmic dispensing course on city uni website, was considering going through this route next year.. to get into optometry but has anyone been accepted for this course? a few of my friends been rejected.. not sure why :-/
'
Hey! Ive applied ro ipthalmic dispensing this year! I firmed city and am hoping to go into optom. Why are yiu not applying this year?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by 1234567890-
'
Hey! Ive applied ro ipthalmic dispensing this year! I firmed city and am hoping to go into optom. Why are yiu not applying this year?

Couldn't quite carry on to yr 13 due to my U in biology therefore I changed courses to btec science now ... :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't quite carry on to yr 13 due to my U in biology therefore I changed courses to btec science now ... :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry to hear! But i did pretty badly too but carried on ti a2 cause i dont think id be able to get an a second time around anyway-especially with the new spec. So ive had to apply to dispensing and i am hinestly ao stressed i dint think ill make it onto there :frown: and am scared abiut not being able to do optom.do you still want to do it? Do you know any one going to city for dispensing?
Oh sorry to hear! But i did pretty badly too but carried on ti a2 cause i dont think id be able to get an a second time around anyway-especially with the new spec. So ive had to apply to dispensing and i am hinestly ao stressed i dint think ill make it onto there :frown: and am scared abiut not being able to do optom.do you still want to do it? Do you know any one going to city for dispensing?

Yeah I'm still wanting to do optom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I didn't bother resitting bio cos of the new spec so I changed over to btec science but I think I may still end up doing dispensing..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same, I didn't bother resitting bio cos of the new spec so I changed over to btec science but I think I may still end up doing dispensing..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you applied this yr for dispensing or next year?
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey, since you are doing the course, I was wondering do you know if you get 65% or 75% and they don't let you dont let you on to the optometry course, like your friends got rejected, would you say that's because of them not meeting the grade boundaries?
Like I don't understand why they would advertise if as an almost sure way of doing optometry and than reject people :/
Also and most importantly, is it a really hard course, like is getting 65% or 75% extremely hard to do?
Original post by Aleena Maryam
Hey, since you are doing the course, I was wondering do you know if you get 65% or 75% and they don't let you dont let you on to the optometry course, like your friends got rejected, would you say that's because of them not meeting the grade boundaries?
Like I don't understand why they would advertise if as an almost sure way of doing optometry and than reject people :/
Also and most importantly, is it a really hard course, like is getting 65% or 75% extremely hard to do?

No sorry my bad, I meant they got rejected for ophthalmic dispensing..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

But are you doing the ophthalmic dispensing course at city though?

From what I know you certainly do get into first year with atleast 65% and possibly second with 75% depending on if there is space. Also one of my relatives did the diploma a some years back and said it was not too difficult so hopefully shouldn't be too hard getting into optom.
But are you doing the ophthalmic dispensing course at city though?

Planning to apply for 2017 entry... but I know a few people who done ophthalmic dispensing
Reply 13
Anyone starting this course have you received any email from city yet cuz I haven't
Hi guys I'm starting the opthalmic dispensing course at bradford college in September, does anyone know what I need to get onto optometry next year?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 15
Planning to apply for 2017 entry... but I know a few people who done ophthalmic dispensing

Hi did u end up APPLYING FOR OD for 2017
ye
Original post by yg97
Hi did u end up APPLYING FOR OD for 2017

yeah man, got rejected though! But oh the plus side, I got an offer from Plymouth for Optometry :biggrin:.. Did you apply for OD 2017 entry?
Reply 17
ye

yeah man, got rejected though! But oh the plus side, I got an offer from Plymouth for Optometry :biggrin:.. Did you apply for OD 2017 entry?

Just wanted to say sorry to hear you didn't get on the course or I would've met you because I'm starting this September but Congrats on Plymouth!!

Hey Maariyah! I PM me :smile:
Original post by maariyah5
Hi guys I'm starting the opthalmic dispensing course at bradford college in September, does anyone know what I need to get onto optometry next year?
Thank you :smile:

Hi, I came across your post and wanted to ask a question, i've applied for OPthalmic dispensing at bradford college and have an offer, however I wanted to ask since the grade requirements are cc If I got a CE- worst case scenario and the E being in the subject required would I be rejected?, or is there a foundation route i could take with the Uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending