The Student Room Group

Do I eat BADLY??!

So this is what I ate today.... For breakfast I ate oats soaked in warm milk, drank a glass of water. I had an Apple as a midday snack. Whole meal bread with chicken for lunch. I had a Handful of black grapes as a snack. I had a Bowl of cut up watermelon as well. Sensations Crisps as a snack. For dinner I had a bowl of white rice with potatoes and cooked aubergine. Also had 3 chicken wings. As a dinner snack I ate a handful of strawberries. For my midnight snack I had a glass of milk and 3 chocolate biscuits. In total I drank 8 glasses of water today. Btw I weight 6 stone 10 lbs at 20 years old, so am I undereating?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Come on someone, anyone :/
should be okay..
Original post by Anonymous
So this is what I ate today.... For breakfast I ate oats soaked in warm milk, drank a glass of water. I had an Apple as a midday snack. Whole meal bread with chicken for lunch. I had a Handful of black grapes as a snack. I had a Bowl of cut up watermelon as well. Sensations Crisps as a snack. For dinner I had a bowl of white rice with potatoes and cooked aubergine. Also had 3 chicken wings. As a dinner snack I ate a handful of strawberries. For my midnight snack I had a glass of milk and 3 chocolate biscuits. In total I drank 8 glasses of water today. Btw I weight 6 stone 10 lbs at 20 years old, so am I undereating?

I think that you need to eat a bit more, or see a Doctor. It depends on your BMI and height + sports.
Reply 4

That's healthier than i ever will be.

If you're ever worried about being underweight then munch on some nuts and pile on the pounds.

Honestly you should be ok though.... little and often is good
Reply 5
Original post by sulaimanali
should be okay..

But I weigh 6 stone 10 lbs at 20... That's classified as underweight Eventhough I don't understand why I am
Reply 6
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I think that you need to eat a bit more, or see a Doctor. It depends on your BMI and height + sports.

I'm 5'2 (female) and alright I'll take that into account
Original post by timebent
That's healthier than i ever will be.

If you're ever worried about being underweight then munch on some nuts and pile on the pounds.

Honestly you should be ok though.... little and often is good

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7

I wish i could be healthy as you haha, i mean each day i eat 1 kind of fruit, be it a banana or apple or whatever and you there cracking out the full course xD
I'm 5'2 (female) and alright I'll take that into account

Apparently to the NHS BMI calculator, you're underweight slightly. You need to be in the 45.8-62.2kg boundary - but that doesn't mean eat junk food to get there. Keep eating healthily and more often until you reach your goal :smile: Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by timebent
I wish i could be healthy as you haha, i mean each day i eat 1 kind of fruit, be it a banana or apple or whatever and you there cracking out the full course xD

Lol I'm a fruit person :lol:
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Apparently to the NHS BMI calculator, you're underweight slightly. You need to be in the 45.8-62.2kg boundary - but that doesn't mean eat junk food to get there. Keep eating healthily and more often until you reach your goal :smile: Good luck!

Thanks for that info! It's weird because I know people that eat very little compared to me but weigh a lot more. Not fair at all.
But I weigh 6 stone 10 lbs at 20... That's classified as underweight Eventhough I don't understand why I am

You dont understand why you are underweight or why the category is like it is?

1. If its about why you weigh so little its because you arent eating enough.
2. Get yourself referred to a dietician via your GP.
3. Use something like MFP to monitor your macros to make sure you are getting the correct levels of fats, carbs, protein and fibre, plus the other nutrients. You ridet didnt seem that bad, but you probably need to eat more.
4. Dont forget exercise, especially lifting weights, which will make you stronger and achieve a greater bone densiy.
5. If you find it difficult to eat more in volume terms, then you cna eat more calorie dense foods, which should also probide additional nutrition, so you cna go for the full fat version of products.
If you're underweight then you're clearly not eating enough under any circumstances. There's your answer.
Reply 12
Sounds fine but that depends on your bmi and how much exercise you do. If you have concerns you should speak to your gp who can refer you to a dietician
Lol I'm a fruit person :lol:

Thanks for that info! It's weird because I know people that eat very little compared to me but weigh a lot more. Not fair at all.

Get out of that mentality and flush that thought pattern down the toilet immediately. It's not helping you and it's complete nonsense, you don't have a magical metabolism that stops you gaining weight.

They eat more than you think they do or more than you see, it's as simple as that. You're underweight because you don't eat enough calories. It is simple mathematics.

Find out your TDEE:
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Then count your calories for a few weeks and average it, you're likely eating under your TDEE. Or only just reaching your TDEE, so clearly not gaining weight.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
It is a lot of carbs to be honest but it depends what you're trying to achieve. If losing weight, cut down on carbs especially at night
You need to cut out the dairy milk (substitute it with rice/oat/soy/almond milk) and meat (substitute it with a fake meat). You also need to be eating a least 2000 calories per day! I suggest counting calories just for a few days so you get an idea of how much you should b eating :smile:
Original post by UWS
It is a lot of carbs to be honest but it depends what you're trying to achieve. If losing weight, cut down on carbs especially at night

OP said that she's underweight... she needs to be eating more carbs not less!!
Reply 17
OP said that she's underweight... she needs to be eating more carbs not less!!

OP might have high metabolism then, more carbs is the way forward.. Basically just eat eat eat
You're underweight because although you're putting a lot of stuff in your mouth, most of it is fruit and other low-calorie stuff.

Eat a burger.
You need to cut out the dairy milk (substitute it with rice/oat/soy/almond milk) and meat (substitute it with a fake meat). You also need to be eating a least 2000 calories per day! I suggest counting calories just for a few days so you get an idea of how much you should b eating :smile:

Not sure if you're telling her to eat that much because she needs to be gaining weight (as underweight) or if you're throwing that number out because of the "average daily calories a woman needs" figure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending