The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lujubi
@h333 and @Inve

I'm doing well. Thanks for asking.

This type of incident has occurred many times this year and yet the usual people (no names obviously) will deny any motive of Islamophobia, telling us to "wait for all the facts first" when they are the first ones to get their pitchforks out after a terrorist attack.

Unfortunately, this hypocrisy will continue on this site.

I hope the airline takes firm action against the attendant. I'm pretty sure attendants have to be welcoming and polite to the airlines' customers. Disgraceful behaviour. Was the man paying to get abused verbally on aircraft?

Yeah I've heard that many times on here- 'Let's wait till the full story comes out and not jump to conclusions' when it's painstakingly obvious exactly what has happened :rolleyes:

JazaakAllahu khairan :h:

Original post by ZuluK
@Biryani007

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and you're right, your imaan does fluctuate. I just pray it's gets greater and doesn't lessen because without it, I don't know who I would be. May Allah give you strength and your family the strength to work through The deaths. Losing so many in such a short time, I make dua your father is better and his faith in Allah is stronger and still there! Seeing the man of the family fall to pieces is what's heartbreaking.

Thank you for your words and I'm glad you found some peace and help from the words of the brothers and sisters! They helped me so much!

I hope you are well and you can message me anytime too :h:

:jumphug:

Thank you so much! It's been a few years now, alhamdulillah we are all well now, I just saw your post and thought "I know exactly how it feels to see the head of the house fall apart like that!" you can't forget it...

It's amazing how much having high imaan affects your mood; little annoyances/problems seem trivial, difficult situations don't seem so hard to deal with anymore and you start seeing the light at the end of what you once thought was a never-ending tunnel...

May Allah keep us steadfast upon His deen! You're in my duas :lovehug:
[video="youtube;dBOIORrojK0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBOIORrojK0&feature=youtu.be[/video]
I'm late to this but I hope you don't mind me quoting you again :redface:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun

I know how you are feeling sis, I lost my grandma in December. It is really heart breaking to see a loved one go. I can totally understand you, there are no words to describe how I felt watching my dad cry. I can remember every moment of that day, subhanAllah it makes me upset. Everything which happens is decreed by Allah, we are all faced with tests and the best we can do is continue being close to Him.

May Allah grant your grandfather the highest rank in Jannah and give your family sabr. Ameen.

Always keep your grandfather in your prayers. Your father might hide his emotions after a few weeks but as a daughter you will realise that, always be there for him, it's the hardest things to do but trust me your parents need you in such a difficult time.Look after yourself as well x

@ZuluK
Reply 644
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah I've heard that many times on here- 'Let's wait till the full story comes out and not jump to conclusions' when it's painstakingly obvious exactly what has happened :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, many people on the internet use the sense of anonymity to say the most vilest things. I fear for the world. I just wish they would understand. When I was younger, I strayed away from Islam. I hated mosque and considered myself not a Muslim some days. Now I regret it since I'm trying to become a better Muslim and I have all these kalimahs and Yaseen to learn by heart. If only I had tried when I was younger! (Apologies for the off-topic life story). My point is that the more you learn, the more you embrace Islam and see how non-violent it is.

At this point, I do not become angry as much as I used to when seeing an offensive comment. It's not worth it anymore. Instead, I try to take a polite approach. Kill them with kindness, some say (I'm going to add that I didn't mean it in a literal sense before someone points out what a violent Muslim I am :redface:).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
Muslim passenger kicked off American Airlines flight after attendant announced: ‘I'll be watching you’
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslim-kicked-off-plane-american-airlines-racial-discrimination-cair-uncomfortable-a7147311.html

only in America
Original post by Lujubi
Unfortunately, many people on the internet use the sense of anonymity to say the most vilest things. I fear for the world. I just wish they would understand. When I was younger, I strayed away from Islam. I hated mosque and considered myself not a Muslim some days. Now I regret it since I'm trying to become a better Muslim and I have all these kalimahs and Yaseen to learn by heart. If only I had tried when I was younger! (Apologies for the off-topic life story). My point is that the more you learn, the more you embrace Islam and see how non-violent it is.

At this point, I do not become angry as much as I used to when seeing an offensive comment. It's not worth it anymore. Instead, I try to take a polite approach. Kill them with kindness, some say (I'm going to add that I didn't mean it in a literal sense before someone points out what a violent Muslim I am :redface:).

Thank you for sharing that and Alhamdulilah it's glad to see you back on the deen, may Allah reward you for that and continue to increase you in knowledge.

That's a great attitude to have Masha Allah.
Lol I'm glad you added that in at the end- careful, there was one user on here who said he monitors the ISOC frequently and is quick to report anything he finds suspicious :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reformed
only in America

Funny that's the only thing you have to say on this, since when it's usually the other way round you expect a condemnation :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Funny that's the only thing you have to say on this, since when it's usually the other way round you expect a condemnation :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats the otherway round ? i dont really follow you at all
The Prophet said: “To Allaah, the best of friends are those who are most beneficial to their friends, and the best of neighbors are those who are best to their neighbors.” (Ahmad & At-Tirmithi; Saheeh Al-Jaami`, 3270)
Reply 650
Original post by HAnwar
Thank you for sharing that and Alhamdulilah it's glad to see you back on the deen, may Allah reward you for that and continue to increase you in knowledge.

That's a great attitude to have Masha Allah.
Lol I'm glad you added that in at the end- careful, there was one user on here who said he monitors the ISOC frequently and is quick to report anything he finds suspicious :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: I remember a while ago some users were banging on about how ISOC was a dictatorship and the mods were being brainwashed by them.

Let them monitor, they won't find anything except for Islamic YT videos and the odd Nasheed. :colone:

Going to be a bit cringy here and say we're guilty...

Spoiler

Reply 651
Original post by Reformed
only in America

Islamophobia happens everywhere nowadays, brother Reformed.

You should know that though, right? :u:

Generally curious, how come your avatar has been removed or do you keep it that way? I have heard that this happens to banned members. Have you been doing something naughty?
(edited 7 years ago)
It is a dictatorship. Sultan Zamestaneh is our supreme leader.
Reply 653
I cant quote the other post in the old thread. But jzk khair @h333 and @ash92 [s]smile[/s] for taking the time out to write the lengthy response to a complete stranger. Some of the stuff mentioned did really get to me and inshallah I might actually use this summer to strengthen my knowledge. It's actually appalling how little I know.
Original post by Lujubi
:rofl: I remember a while ago some users were banging on about how ISOC was a dictatorship and the mods were being brainwashed by them.

Let them monitor, they won't find anything except for Islamic YT videos and the odd Nasheed. :colone:

Going to be a bit cringy here and say we're guilty...

Spoiler

Lol are you serious. So silly :rolleyes:

Lol good one :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lujubi
Islamophobia happens everywhere nowadays, brother Reformed.

You should know that though, right? :u:

Generally curious, how come your avatar has been removed or do you keep it that way? I have heard that this happens to banned members. Have you been doing something naughty?

i dont believe i was, and nor did i ever have an avatar? I think the issue with USA is the climate there is very reactionery, far more than in europe, which has had far more islamist attacks than the usa, but doesnt really have the same reaction
Reply 656
Reply 657
Original post by Anon_n
I cant quote the other post in the old thread. But jzk khair @h333 and @ash92 [s]smile[/s] for taking the time out to write the lengthy response to a complete stranger. Some of the stuff mentioned did really get to me and inshallah I might actually use this summer to strengthen my knowledge. It's actually appalling how little I know.

BarakAllahu Feek. :h:

I am glad to hear that SubhanAllah. Insha'Allah you will achieve your goals, strengthen your imaan, increase your taqwa.

For all of us:
[video="youtube;lTKxn_1ng4A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKxn_1ng4A[/video]
Reply 658
Original post by Leukocyte
I'm late to this but I hope you don't mind me quoting you again :redface:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun

I know how you are feeling sis, I lost my grandma in December. It is really heart breaking to see a loved one go. I can totally understand you, there are no words to describe how I felt watching my dad cry. I can remember every moment of that day, subhanAllah it makes me upset. Everything which happens is decreed by Allah, we are all faced with tests and the best we can do is continue being close to Him.

May Allah grant your grandfather the highest rank in Jannah and give your family sabr. Ameen.

Always keep your grandfather in your prayers. Your father might hide his emotions after a few weeks but as a daughter you will realise that, always be there for him, it's the hardest things to do but trust me your parents need you in such a difficult time.Look after yourself as well x

@ZuluK

Ameen.

SubhanAllah wise words.
[video="youtube;b6DMpPtSlxA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6DMpPtSlxA[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending