The Student Room Group

Having bad thoughts, should I speak to someone about it?

Hey, people. Please me nice really need some support right now. I am going through a very tough time. And am having very bad thoughts. Should I talk to someone I trust about it? x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saffron123456
Hey, people. Please me nice really need some support right now. I am going through a very tough time. And am having very bad thoughts. Should I talk to someone I trust about it? x

Depends on your thoughts, we have all been there at some point.

Remember thoughts are just thoughts, you do not have to physically act them out.

Personally when I experienced this I was just fortunate enough to have people involved with mental health for a living around me.

If you have people that you can trust enough to confide in, do so.

If not go to your local GP, book an appointment ASAP.

Try not to worry
Original post by WolfGangPro
Depends on your thoughts, we have all been there at some point.

Remember thoughts are just thoughts, you do not have to physically act them out.

Personally when I experienced this I was just fortunate enough to have people involved with mental health for a living around me.

If you have people that you can trust enough to confide in, do so.

If not go to your local GP, book an appointment ASAP.

Try not to worry

I'm terrified. I could tell a trusted teacher?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

In all honesty i would say no...
Even trusted teachers have a habit of fussing and make it rather clear when something isn't right although not intentionally. Although they have a confidentiality thing I have told a teacher something before (was physical health related so not that big of a deal but i didnt want it spread about) and turns out she talked about it in the staff room so just be careful, some teachers worry too much.
Try to tell someone though and if that is a teacher then so be it

hope you feel better soon and can relate :hugs:
also @Deyesy might have some better advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does your school/college etc. have a counsellor?
They can be really good at listening and giving advice.
Hey, people. Please me nice really need some support right now. I am going through a very tough time. And am having very bad thoughts. Should I talk to someone I trust about it? x[/QUOT

Here's some biscuits and Happy Flowers for you. :flower::donut::cookie::flower:

If you need support, a hug helps too. :hugs:
[QUOTE="sloth;66560910" dancing="dancing"]
Hey, people. Please me nice really need some support right now. I am going through a very tough time. And am having very bad thoughts. Should I talk to someone I trust about it? x[/QUOT

Here's some biscuits and Happy Flowers for you. :flower::donut::cookie::flower:

If you need support, a hug helps too. :hugs:

I need hugs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like you and me are on the same page. I too have some rather bad thoughts swirling round my head. I have considered the possibility I could be bipolar, or I could have depression. Don't get me wrong, I'm 15, so it would be natural to feel down every now and again, but for some reason, it's almost all the time these days. Some days I just want to cry, but I can't. I have good friends, a good life, a large family (though I don't hold all of them in high regard) and I'm comfortable with my...well...the way I swing, let's put it that way. Once, I actually considered 'the easy way out' if you get what I mean, and I managed to put it out my head, but recently, it's been coming back. If there's one thing I must tell you though, it's this...

You're not alone

There's many people like you and I who have bad thoughts now and again, but you just need to try and think of at least one thing positive. If it progresses, get help! Do not bottle it up, otherwise there could be disastrous consequences. I'm actually considering going into therapy as a way to deal with my depressive state. I wish you all the best for the time being.
Reply 8
I wouldn't be put off speaking to a teacher, most want to help. None of them can promise to keep anything a secret, but most will deal with discretion and help you to access help and support.

If you are worried, there's always childline. They are fab
Original post by ~Tara~
I wouldn't be put off speaking to a teacher, most want to help. None of them can promise to keep anything a secret, but most will deal with discretion and help you to access help and support.

If you are worried, there's always childline. They are fab

Hey, we'll I was going to tell my teacher everything but I'm absolutely terrified. I'm hoping he won't react badly to this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest