The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Idk why im sad my maths teacher is leaving, it's not like i even do maths or like maths in any way but ik that without her i would have failed, she really brought me on and to me that A belongs to her tbh.
I'm also sad she had to leave like that bc i do strangely care about her in a professional kind of way
She is like one of the last teachers there that have known me since year 7, It just reminds me that everyone moves on regardless of how hard you work and that one day it will be so that no-one there will remember you for your efforts which is quite sad i think.
Original post by tanyapotter
would I'm i be willing to help with SH urges over pm? i realise we're not allowed to talk about it in this forum anymore because it's too triggering, but i really need some help right now (my family doesn't know and i don't want to upset my friends so i can't talk to any of them about it) i'm sorry

I'm more than willing to chat and support you via pm.
Original post by tanyapotter
would anyone be willing to help with SH urges over pm? i realise we're not allowed to talk about it in this forum anymore because it's too triggering, but i really need some help right now (my family doesn't know and i don't want to upset my friends so i can't talk to any of them about it) i'm sorry

I hope the urges have passed now. If you ever need anyone to talk to, my inbox is always open :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea whats going on anymore. Feel like i have depression (ive not been diagnosed with it officially yet)
Im not in control of my mind anymore, its just taken over me and i do whatever it says. I need to fight it but its just not happening at the moment!
Argh my life is just all over the place and im fed up of it!
I just wanna be happy but OCD has decided to make that an impossibility in recent times! Even though im getting better it still dislikes me and is trying harder to make me miserable
I just hate doing everything.
I make mistakes each day at work since I started a few weeks back:frown:
I've had depression but I'm slowly getting out of it. My anxiety has lessened considerably although it's still there.
I'm 20 years old
I just needed to say these things
Fed up of the constant pain. Physio are seeing if doing certain things are going to help but I seriously doubt it. I'm just wanting to be pain free for once! I was having a bad MH day at work on Monday and I messed everything up. One of my managers are keeping a close eye on me at the moment and I just feel it's because im just so **** at my job. I try so had to please everybody and it just gets thrown back in my face.

Anxiety is really high tonight and I really can't deal with it.
Got an interview tomorrow and if i get it ill be working 6 days/evenings a week :s-smilie:
Felt burnt out today so hoping it doesnt make me worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went somewhere really crowded today and, while me and my spouse were waiting in the park for a friend, I started to feel really anxious about the number of people nearby - especially the ones who I'm sure are government agents. Basically I told her that my anxiety was building and the voices were getting louder and she looked mad and said "control yourself". What ****ing useless advice that was; who knew the answer to my lifetime of anxiety was simply to get a hold on myself! :facepalm:

I love her so much but sometimes she just doesn't understand. :frown:
Has anyone else had bad experiences when talking to doctors about your mental health?

I recently went to the doctors as I was struggling mentally, depression and anxiety was getting the better of me despite private therapy.

I was explaining and she was scribbling away, then I said something that triggered her... She looked at me in disgust, then she wouldn't drop the subject; putting words into my mouth
Original post by Sabertooth
Went somewhere really crowded today and, while me and my spouse were waiting in the park for a friend, I started to feel really anxious about the number of people nearby - especially the ones who I'm sure are government agents. Basically I told her that my anxiety was building and the voices were getting louder and she looked mad and said "control yourself". What ****ing useless advice that was; who knew the answer to my lifetime of anxiety was simply to get a hold on myself! :facepalm:

I concur, my partner is rubbish. They simple dont understand merely sympathise.

For you to externally express you're having anxiety is amazing, I struggle to vocalise it. I internalise it all, I retract into myself and endure the pain and voices.

When I do vocalise it, my partner replies "what, why?" or "Okay, distract yourself"

How do you know they're government agents?
Original post by FireFreezer77
No idea whats going on anymore. Feel like i have depression (ive not been diagnosed with it officially yet)
Im not in control of my mind anymore, its just taken over me and i do whatever it says. I need to fight it but its just not happening at the moment!
Argh my life is just all over the place and im fed up of it!
I just wanna be happy but OCD has decided to make that an impossibility in recent times! Even though im getting better it still dislikes me and is trying harder to make me miserable

Look up 'Mark Freeman' on YouTube, when my anxiety hits me I tend to watch his videos

My partner can be the exact same at times, especially with things like paranoia or an obsession or compulsion. He thinks because they aren't logical and clearly far fetched that I should see through that and be able to calm myself down in an instant which is close to impossible when you have a MH problem.

He's great with things like panic attacks but he can be hit or miss with the more deeper MH problems. He tries though but I suppose its hard to understand exactly what the other person is going through if they have never been through it themselves.

So I know how you feel and how frustrating it can feel when someone close to doesn't seem to realise how you feel or tries to play it down :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WolfGangPro
Has anyone else had bad experiences when talking to doctors about your mental health?

I recently went to the doctors as I was struggling mentally, depression and anxiety was getting the better of me despite private therapy.

I was explaining and she was scribbling away, then I said something that triggered her... She looked at me in disgust, then she wouldn't drop the subject; putting words into my mouth

O.O what did you say that got her so triggered :/??

My doctor is a nutter too so I totally understand!
I can relate to those posts about anxiety in public places.
In crowds I always feel like every white person hates me...
It obviously got worse after Brexit. I was with my family out and I got huge ounce of anxiety so had to walk back to the car and I told my mum the thoughts in my head about white people and how I resented the life I have here in the UK and how I knew I'd have a better life in my 'mother country' if they hadn't brought me here.I'm such a terrible person:sad: . That night she went to bed early and had a massive headache because of what I had said according to my sibling.That was a huge wake up call to how bad my thoughts were..I can't believe I put myself under that all the time.
Feeling so angry and let down with IAPT. Travelled back home (a train and bus ride) today to see my therapist and after 5 minutes she said it looked like I was feeling better so that would be my last appointment and I was sent on my way. I had 5 sessions (with a break of 3 weeks because she was off sick) and she just didn't "get" me. I understand she probably sees loads of people a week but I felt like I was always having to repeat myself and remind her of stuff which was frustrating for me. She was visibly uncomfortable with any mention of SH and suicidal ideation and always whispered when they were brought up. Part of me is glad I don't have to see her again but at the same time I don't feel like I got any benefit from it and what if she's like this with others who deserve good treatment too?
Really finding it difficult to block out intrusive thoughts related to OCD, they just seem to come back with greater intensity.. Does anybody have any coping strategies?
Anon 23
Me: i'm dropping *insert subject here* you know so i won't be in your class next year
Them: awwwwww :cry2:...
Me: 'omg somebody actually is gonna miss me omg im so please...'
Them:..but...but...
Me:'awwwwww....'
Them: who am i gonna get my answers from now??

Me: :indiff:

Thanks guys i love you too :h:

~Anon 1
Original post by WolfGangPro
I concur, my partner is rubbish. They simple dont understand merely sympathise.

For you to externally express you're having anxiety is amazing, I struggle to vocalise it. I internalise it all, I retract into myself and endure the pain and voices.

When I do vocalise it, my partner replies "what, why?" or "Okay, distract yourself"

How do you know they're government agents?

I used to be a lot like that; holding it all in. But it really is such a massive burden to try and deal with on your own. I think it can be good to tell certain people to help you carry it though I'm not so sure how helpful it is to tell a partner who just doesn't understand. Maybe your method is better than mine there - you're not getting shot down if you don't share it, which then makes you feel worse about things. But yeah, your partner does sound a lot like mine.

They have their "phones" out following me - ie their cameras and way of communicating with their superiors. I see them monitoring and following me, they try to do it inconspicuously but they fail.

As for your GP, is there anyone else you can see? There might be another doctor in the same practice who you might get on better with, or even transferring to a nearby clinic if that's not too far? It sounds extremely unprofessional to get triggered and even worse to then allow that to dictate the rest of the appointment.
Original post by Spock's Socks
My partner can be the exact same at times, especially with things like paranoia or an obsession or compulsion. He thinks because they aren't logical and clearly far fetched that I should see through that and be able to calm myself down in an instant which is close to impossible when you have a MH problem.

He's great with things like panic attacks but he can be hit or miss with the more deeper MH problems. He tries though but I suppose its hard to understand exactly what the other person is going through if they have never been through it themselves.

So I know how you feel and how frustrating it can feel when someone close to doesn't seem to realise how you feel or tries to play it down :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear your partner reacts the same way. :console: My spouse goes on about logic too and you're right it's just impossible to twist things round that way sometimes.

Have you tried looking on the internet for pages that explain more simply and the best way to react to a loved one going through the experience you do?
Nope, no trains nearby. Rail services are really bad in the US if you live outside of certain cities - hell, there aren't even buses where I live. :eek2: My wife works and my uni classes start in August so it would be difficult to put aside 3 hours to get see someone.

No, they didn't ask permission. The government put them there to see how their plan of making me do what they want turns out. I'm finding it very difficult to cope with. My wife shouts and gets angry because apparently it's "all in my head" and there are no cameras but I know she's wrong. That's why they put me in the hospital so they could bug my apartment without worrying about me catching them in the act.

I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling better already :smile: Sounds like your therapist is great, though, of course, it takes effort on your part too so well done, mate!

Damn that sucks then! Wow sounds like you live somewhere remote! That not ideal for travelling then!
Ah yeah that's true. Well I'm not too sure what to suggest I'm afraid.

Surely thats illegal!!? So your wife doesn't know that they're there then? Maybe show her one to prove it?
But yeah I don't blame you! It's like they're spying on you! Man you really need to complain and get them removed! What happens if you take them down yourself?
Ah that's just wrong! Not on at all! I really hope you can get this resolved because it's not right at all!
How did they even get in?

Thankyou! He is pretty damn good! My other two had no idea what they were doing so this has really helped!
Yeah I suppose so! Thanks!! :smile:

Latest