The Student Room Group

Year 13 help

Ive performed really badly this year, im going into year 13 next year, is there any chance i can still get 3As. Luckily i have no ASs so, ive technically not failed anuthing. Im not stupid, just didnt revise. Can i do it?Does anyone have any experiences?
Yes, you can obviously get 3As next year seeing as A-level are linear and you said yourself you have no ASs. However, whether you actually get 3As is completely down to you.
I can sympathise slightly that you didn't revise this year considering it probably meant very little. However, now you know that you have to work hard and revise properly next year if you want to get the grades you want.
Well you can always retake the year if it's gone that badly or just retake particular modules you've done badly in (depending on the subject though, it's all changing now). But if you're at C level or below, it'd be pretty difficult. Although I did write an essay in Spanish in the autumn term, got a U, then wrote another a few months later and got a C/B on the same topic so anything can happen :P
Reply 3
Original post by NeverLucky
Yes, you can obviously get 3As next year seeing as A-level are linear and you said yourself you have no ASs. However, whether you actually get 3As is completely down to you.
I can sympathise slightly that you didn't revise this year considering it probably meant very little. However, now you know that you have to work hard and revise properly next year if you want to get the grades you want.

Thanks! What dyou recommend i do over the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saj5677
Thanks! What dyou recommend i do over the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally I would say to people to just relax the summer between ASs and A2s and make sure that you do find time to relax. However, considering your circumstances, I think it'll be beneficial for you to go over the topics that you don't understand from AS. I don't know what subjects you're doing but if you're doing sciences/maths, A2 will build heavily on the knowledge of AS especially with the new A-Levels. I'm assuming it'll be slightly different if you do essay subjects but the knowledge will still be needed at the end of your A2 year anyway. Make sure you understand the fundamentals first and then build it up.
Again, make sure to not overdo it and find time to relax, go out and enjoy the summer! :smile:
Completely up to you how you do this next year and your attitude to learning. I didn't do as well as I wanted at AS and in the 2 weeks between getting my results and starting year 13 I researched all the study methods I could find and came up with a new learning and study system that worked wonders for me this school year- obviously the techniques must be tailored to you and it may seem stringent but you have to be willing to put yourself in line and sacrifice for those grades- this is my article on what I did. I obviously don't know what I got yet but I do feel as if I was very prepared for the exams and they all went alright so hope this helps- Good Luck!https://simplythandi.wordpress.com/2016/06/23/ace-your-a-levels/
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest