The Student Room Group

Is this a first?

According to their website, sgul will be in clearing for medicine this year!! I thought that this never happened - should be interesting!!
How interesting. Surely a deliberate ploy to catch a few highly qualified candidates missed elsewhere. I can't believe they didn't have enough applicants to fill the spaces.
Reply 2
Pretty much a scam, they under-filled places to get the oxbridge/imperial/UCL firm offer missers.
Reply 3
Original post by nexttime
How interesting. Surely a deliberate ploy to catch a few highly qualified candidates missed elsewhere. I can't believe they didn't have enough applicants to fill the spaces.

My thoughts exactly! Surely they must have a waiting list too?
Reply 4
Wow!

The world is falling apart...

Original post by fg45344
Pretty much a scam, they under-filled places to get the oxbridge/imperial/UCL firm offer missers.

That's BS - all medicine applicants regardless are highly qualified. There's no reason a uni would do this just to get UCL's offer holders and whatnot.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by *Stefan*
Wow!

The world is falling apart...

That's BS - all medicine applicants regardless are highly qualified. There's no reason a uni would do this just to get UCL's offer holders and whatnot.

The thing is for medicine I would firm the lowest grade offer, no one cares if you did medicine at Cambridge or SGUL for that matter.

But some people have this issue that they are better if they do medicine at oxbridge, which makes no sense to me.
Reply 6
Whatever their reasons, I wouldn't fancy being on the admissions hotline come results day😱

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending