The Student Room Group

Islamophobes - what are your solutions?

Scroll to see replies

Educate people about Islam, and criticise it where it deserves to be criticised. That should be sufficient to make more intelligent Muslims realise that Islam has a lot of problems.

Restrict immigration from certain countries where everyone is a strict Muslim, and one's life, and everyone's life you know, is entirely ruled and defined by Islam. Afghanistan and Iraq would be examples.

Acknowledge that both Islamic texts and Islamic cultures play a part in creating Islamic terrorists, so that we can begin to consider what needs to addressed.

Ban faith schools.
Original post by KingBradly
Educate people about Islam, and criticise it where it deserves to be criticised. That should be sufficient to make more intelligent Muslims realise that Islam has a lot of problems.

Restrict immigration from certain countries where everyone is a strict Muslim, and one's life, and everyone's life you know, is entirely ruled and defined by Islam. Afghanistan and Iraq would be examples.

Acknowledge that both Islamic texts and Islamic cultures play a part in creating Islamic terrorists, so that we can begin to consider what needs to addressed.

Ban faith schools.

The bold and underlined bit contradict, soz.
While the bold would make me think of mosques...or faith schools...so that means don't educate anyone about Islam more than standard Religious Studies.
- Stop immigration from Muslim countries.
- Block websites supporting ISIS.
- Train teachers and other professionals who work with teenagers to be able to point out risings of radicalism quicker and easier,
- More air strikes on ISIS.
- Ban Islamic faith schools. There has been so much evidence of extremism being taught in these schools.
- More firearms officers on the streets.
Close all faith schools. Prevent parents taking children out of school or certain classes. Shut down the home school loophole. End all religious arbitration or allow as long as the 'rulings' are first vetted by a UK lawyer to ensure they are compatible with our laws. Close the 'lets bring the family over' option for migrants. Increase the wage to well above national average for migrants before they can bring over their wife or children (and only allow wives or children to be brought over). Stop tolerating bigamy and refusal all migrants and asylum of people with more than one wife. Require a UK marriage certificate before any religious marriage can be performed (where the religious marriage does not include the official record). Limit Child care payments to migrants to 1 child and those who are already here to 2 children (for everyone). Start a work for benefits scheme that is compulsory. Remove the right for faith to be 'respected' at work and ensure this is only the case where it is not going to cause any issues for the employer. Ban un stunned halal and kosher slaughter. Remove the right for asylum seekers from Europe the right to free movement to the UK. Become a true secular country. Ban the foreign funding of places of worship. Ensure all leaders of the faithful can speak English and all sermons to be performed in English. Decide what is hate speech and intolerant speech from the faithful and prevent it being taught to children. Teach Human rights in schools ensuring people know where religion fails in this regard. If you are a migrant and haven't worked in 3 years removal from the country. Ban the sending of money abroad by people in receipt of social or work benefits in the UK................I could go on but that's a start
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
The bold and underlined bit contradict, soz.
While the bold would make me think of mosques...or faith schools...so that means don't educate anyone about Islam more than standard Religious Studies.

One can obviously learn about a religion from a secular perspective.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Close all faith schools. Prevent parents taking children out of school or certain classes. Shut down the home school loophole. End all religious arbitration or allow as long as the 'rulings' are first vetted by a UK lawyer to ensure they are compatible with our laws. Close the 'lets bring the family over' option for migrants. Increase the wage to well above national average for migrants before they can bring over their wife or children (and only allow wives or children to be brought over). Stop tolerating bigamy and refusal all migrants and asylum of people with more than one wife. Require a UK marriage certificate before any religious marriage can be performed (where the religious marriage does not include the official record). Limit Child care payments to migrants to 1 child and those who are already here to 2 children (for everyone). Start a work for benefits scheme that is compulsory. Remove the right for faith to be 'respected' at work and ensure this is only the case where it is not going to cause any issues for the employer. Ban un stunned halal and kosher slaughter. Remove the right for asylum seekers from Europe the right to free movement to the UK. Become a true secular country. Ban the foreign funding of places of worship. Ensure all leaders of the faithful can speak English and all sermons to be performed in English. Decide what is hate speech and intolerant speech from the faithful and prevent it being taught to children. Teach Human rights in schools ensuring people know where religion fails in this regard. If you are a migrant and haven't worked in 3 years removal from the country. Ban the sending of money abroad by people in receipt of social or work benefits in the UK................I could go on but that's a start

As someone who was home educated, I disagree with this. More inspections, checking on the child's progress, and making sure they're following a secular curriculum should be sufficient.
One can obviously learn about a religion from a secular perspective.

No don't defensively say "one can obviously learn" anything. You just said, "educate." How do you propose that, then, since you want to ban faith schools? You want secular schools to teach intensively about Islam, in particular outside of Religious Studies? :curious:

Close Muslim faith schools, yes. Not like Catholic though :frown:
Definitely regulate home schooling, I can see why you'd say that, so then that would mean the Muslim would get standard public education. Excellent.
Definitely stop letting the shipload come over and definitely not without proper paperwork
Yes, one wife per all lol
Work for benefits :K:
I agree non citizens shouldn't get benefits
Definitely make sure they can speak English, sick of them speaking in codes
If you ban foreign funding then who pays for their mosques? I don't wanna :colonhash:
As someone who was home educated, I disagree with this. More inspections, checking on the child's progress, and making sure they're following a secular curriculum should be sufficient.

Fair enough

I suppose a condition that it must be the parents doing the home schooling would also remove the risk of theses small un-monitored schools teaching a strictly religious curriculum

Oh and any extra cost must be funded by those wanting the home schooling
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
Close Muslim faith schools, yes. Not like Catholic though :frown:
Definitely regulate home schooling, I can see why you'd say that, so then that would mean the Muslim would get standard public education. Excellent.
Definitely stop letting the shipload come over and definitely not without proper paperwork
Yes, one wife per all lol
Work for benefits :K:
I agree non citizens shouldn't get benefits
Definitely make sure they can speak English, sick of them speaking in codes
If you ban foreign funding then who pays for their mosques? I don't wanna :colonhash:

No for these to work they must apply to all faiths otherwise they would be discriminatory.

Yes work for benefits if you expect the state to pay for you the state can also ask for your labour (it would also force those who try and live in isolated communities to mix with those from the wider community)

Places of worship- If they can't afford to pay for them they don't get them it's that simple (and if there's a need then there also a community to pay for them)
Original post by thunder_chunky
The best way would be to fight Islamic terrorism without our collective hands being tied by political correctness, social reactions, political ties or allegiances.

How do you fight Islamic terrorism? Well, you fight Islamic terrorism.
No for these to work they must apply to all faiths otherwise they would be discriminatory.

Yes work for benefits if you expect the state to pay for you the state can also ask for your labour (it would also force those who try and live in isolated communities to mix with those from the wider community)

Places of worship- If they can't afford to pay for them they don't get them it's that simple (and if there's a need then there also a community to pay for them)

It's still gonna be discriminatory if you're banning all religious schools. It's also not realistic like Catholic schools won't allow that lol. You can be socially acceptable toward Muslims and say keep all faith schools open including theirs in lieu of looking discriminatory. Or just straight up say shut certain faith schools down. The former would work if very strict policies were applied. The latter is a proposal to shut just mosques down, and an effective solution but not socially acceptable so it's not realistic either.

The realistic and effective solution would be:
-keep them open, and make sure the new policies are strict and adhered to, or they get fined or shut, simple (they have to be English language, and it's possible because Bibles originally weren't in English either :colonhash: so they can get off the Arabic crap; they have to have non-foreign funding so take or leave what the gov't might set aside if they can't raise money on their own; they have be casually open and friendly to the non Muslim public; regulatory checks that can't be fought kinda like drug tests for people on probation, etc).

-or a plan b, which is shut everything down dammit, lol and gently implement Islamic teaching to pubic schools now that there are no mosques. But that's out of the kindness of our hearts of course :rofl:

I do know the US has religious freedom yet at local levels many mosques were shut down or prohibited from being built with no double jeopardy/second chances to contest it. :u: Why can't we do that? I'm not totally sure about here but there they have "church is separate from the state" so for churches there would have to be public (building funds/donations) and private funding, and in mosque's case foreign funding. I say cut off foreign funding because that **** is dodgy.
Original post by leroythelost
Make being religious illegal

If you said that to every single religion, who would completely marmalised by them all. Think about what you say in future.
Original post by 0to100
It's still gonna be discriminatory if you're banning all religious schools. It's also not realistic like Catholic schools won't allow that lol. You can be socially acceptable toward Muslims and say keep all faith schools open including theirs in lieu of looking discriminatory. Or just straight up say shut certain faith schools down. The former would work if very strict policies were applied. The latter is a proposal to shut just mosques down, and an effective solution but not socially acceptable so it's not realistic either.

The realistic and effective solution would be:
-keep them open, and make sure the new policies are strict and adhered to, or they get fined or shut, simple (they have to be English language, and it's possible because Bibles originally weren't in English either :colonhash: so they can get off the Arabic crap; they have to have non-foreign funding so take or leave what the gov't might set aside if they can't raise money on their own; they have be casually open and friendly to the non Muslim public; regulatory checks that can't be fought kinda like drug tests for people on probation, etc).

-or a plan b, which is shut everything down dammit, lol and gently implement Islamic teaching to pubic schools now that there are no mosques. But that's out of the kindness of our hearts of course :rofl:

I do know the US has religious freedom yet at local levels many mosques were shut down or prohibited from being built with no double jeopardy/second chances to contest it. :u: Why can't we do that? I'm not totally sure about here but there they have "church is separate from the state" so for churches there would have to be public (building funds/donations) and private funding, and in mosque's case foreign funding. I say cut off foreign funding because that **** is dodgy.

Can't disagree with your arguments :smile:

A reasonable poster on TSR!

Perhaps a compromise

No more new faith schools and strict monitoring of existing and for those who fail the removal of the faith aspect to the teaching (this means only those willing to abuse the system, rather than work with it, would be prevented form poisoning children minds and a ban on those found guilty of such abuse from ever teaching )

Perhaps a compromise

No more new faith schools and strict monitoring of existing and for those who fail the removal of the faith aspect to the teaching (this means only those willing to abuse the system, rather than work with it, would be prevented form poisoning children minds and a ban on those found guilty of such abuse from ever teaching )

I swear we are all going to start agreeing with each other. I agree with you, Baconandsauce, on this. Well said.

Perhaps a compromise

Sounds good so far...

How would the brainwashing be assessed though? I was watching this documentary about schools in small villages in islamic countries; I think this place was Kabul in Afghanistan, specifically, and it was said and shown that because of a lack of funding and attention they kinda just...teach out their ********s. And a lot of extremists supposedly were said to come from these kinds of places and schools.

I feel to prevent stuff like that here there needs to be gov't intervention constantly and randomly. And they can't cry "discrimination" because the schools are still there. I don't know how faith school curriculum works like if there's standardised teaching, but as long as the language is 100% English it would be easier to monitor.

Besides that there's home schooling. I agree with Bradly to have more monitoring as well and secular teaching. But I feel there needs to be something where they have to attend public school for the first year they come over, and to make it less discriminatory make it for every immigrant. No immigrant/migrant/whoever can get homeschooled for a quota of years :colone:
Original post by Mvine001
I swear we are all going to start agreeing with each other. I agree with you, Baconandsauce, on this. Well said.

lol
Original post by 0to100
lol

What are you 'lol'ing?
Original post by Mvine001
What are you 'lol'ing?

I just agree that people are finally agreeing to something Islam-related on tsr
Original post by 0to100
I just agree that people are finally agreeing to something Islam-related on tsr

Cool. You realise this is the first thread where me and you are actually agreeing?

Quick Reply

Latest