The Student Room Group

Islamophobes - what are your solutions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mvine001
Cool. You realise this is the first thread where me and you are actually agreeing?

Is it? When did we disagree?
Original post by 0to100
Is it? When did we disagree?

In another threads. Can't remember which. I'm in 24 threads.
Original post by dingleberry jam
Quite, where would they get their abuse victims.

You need to watch your ****ing mouth. That would be considered Racism by some people, including me.
Original post by 0to100
Sounds good so far...

How would the brainwashing be assessed though? I was watching this documentary about schools in small villages in islamic countries; I think this place was Kabul in Afghanistan, specifically, and it was said and shown that because of a lack of funding and attention they kinda just...teach out their ********s. And a lot of extremists supposedly were said to come from these kinds of places and schools.

I feel to prevent stuff like that here there needs to be gov't intervention constantly and randomly. And they can't cry "discrimination" because the schools are still there. I don't know how faith school curriculum works like if there's standardised teaching, but as long as the language is 100% English it would be easier to monitor.

Besides that there's home schooling. I agree with Bradly to have more monitoring as well and secular teaching. But I feel there needs to be something where they have to attend public school for the first year they come over, and to make it less discriminatory make it for every immigrant. No immigrant/migrant/whoever can get homeschooled for a quota of years :colone:

Tricky but then I suppose this could be managed by ensuring the correct teachers are employed or perhaps even go as far for some schools placing an inspector there for the majority of the time.

But yes same for home schooling

perhaps parents should have to be 'qualified' and vetted for suitability in the practice of home schooling before it is allowed but do agree with restriction on recent arrivals in that they should as a mater of course be made to attend a normal school.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Tricky but then I suppose this could be managed by ensuring the correct teachers are employed or perhaps even go as far for some schools placing an inspector there for the majority of the time.

But yes same for home schooling

perhaps parents should have to be 'qualified' and vetted for suitability in the practice of home schooling before it is allowed but do agree with restriction on recent arrivals in that they should as a mater of course be made to attend a normal school.

Ok a daily inspector :beard: that also means another job in the workforce :biggrin:

And cool I don't think requiring immediate public schooling for foreigners is far fetched at all. Doesn't have to be forever but initially? 100%.

Ok now back to the work for benefits thing, so you mean they are not to be entitled to housing benefits, child benefits, etc without working? If so that's reasonable. If not explain that for me a bit more. I did see you said benefits for foreign Muslims for 1 child but eh. I am not sure if you're aware of this but I'm pretty big for benefits, but not for foreigners. One of the things I hate the most is the migrants getting jobs/homes before citizens. They shouldn't get homes without jobs like everyone else lol that means they can't be coming here with no jobs lined up, residence, nor money. Is that so wrong? -___-
You need to watch your ****ing mouth. That would be considered Racism by some people, including me.

oops
Original post by 0to100
Ok a daily inspector :beard: that also means another job in the workforce :biggrin:

And cool I don't think requiring immediate public schooling for foreigners is far fetched at all. Doesn't have to be forever but initially? 100%.

Ok now back to the work for benefits thing, so you mean they are not to be entitled to housing benefits, child benefits, etc without working? If so that's reasonable. If not explain that for me a bit more. I did see you said benefits for foreign Muslims for 1 child but eh. I am not sure if you're aware of this but I'm pretty big for benefits, but not for foreigners. One of the things I hate the most is the migrants getting jobs/homes before citizens. They shouldn't get homes without jobs like everyone else lol that means they can't be coming here with no jobs lined up, residence, nor money. Is that so wrong? -___-

Yes that's how it would work you work for the state while it is paying you to survive (this could be anything from picking up litter in your area to painting over graffiti etc... there are lots of things we can get people to do to help the wider community and I see this a as useful resource) but if you are offered a place on a work scheme like this and you refuse then no state support (so yes loss of housing, child benefits etc...)

But regarding child support while I believe it is the sates responsibility to helping in times of crisis I see to many large families using this as an income and I do believe if you have children you should be able to support them without financial reward from the state so for migrants a restriction to only one child for everyone else 2 or perhaps 3

But yes I do see the same issue regarding recent migrants jumping the housing queue etc.. and this does need to stop so I would support a law that says migrants always go to the back of the queue (this would be the same for jobs with jobs going to people of this country before a migrant can take it so as long as experience and education is the same priority must be given to the non-migrant)
Original post by dingleberry jam
oops

So I'm guessing you're taking back that filthy comment.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Yes that's how it would work you work for the state while it is paying you to survive (this could be anything from picking up litter in your area to painting over graffiti etc... there are lots of things we can get people to do to help the wider community and I see this a as useful resource) but if you are offered a place on a work scheme like this and you refuse then no state support (so yes loss of housing, child benefits etc...)

But regarding child support while I believe it is the sates responsibility to helping in times of crisis I see to many large families using this as an income and I do believe if you have children you should be able to support them without financial reward from the state so for migrants a restriction to only one child for everyone else 2 or perhaps 3

But yes I do see the same issue regarding recent migrants jumping the housing queue etc.. and this does need to stop so I would support a law that says migrants always go to the back of the queue (this would be the same for jobs with jobs going to people of this country before a migrant can take it so as long as experience and education is the same priority must be given to the non-migrant)

:rofl: Yea I mean they come looking for work, so give them that, because they're most likely not highly educated/qualified to do anything else, or they wouldn't be traveling the world just to do that kinda work, right? Even though I'm not sure if there's a mandate saying they are guaranteed to receive work just because they're looking or we'd all be doing good :colonhash: I mean, to talk sense let's bring up Brexit, which would ideally demand paperwork that wasn't required before from them to work at least. If this goes through then EU member, and non EU, would need visas and permits to work, to be educated, etc.

Coupled with this and your idea that they can't receive benefits (home, child tax lol) without working, that would mean less entitled overdue stays from them and perhaps more ability to keep an eye on who's coming here and why they're coming here :wink:
Reply 49
Original post by sleepysnooze
why are you putting islamic terrorism in inverted commas?
Because the OP considers such events to be neither "Islamic" nor "terrorism".

He sees them as politically motivated acts of self-defense.
So I'm guessing you're taking back that filthy comment.

No need, you got it deleted. :party:
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
I'm genuinely intrigued. You guys are top notch about pointing out the problems, I don't think a single incident involving a Middle Eastern this year has gone unreported on the news section of this website, but how do you solve it?

What are your solutions to tackling down on what is purported to be "Islamic terrorism"?

Oh and please be careful not to violate our privacy or to deport / destroy the lives of millions of innocent people though.

Well the most important thing to me is not being seen as an islamophobe. My younger brother recently perished to illness and I can tell you the pain and fear was nothing to the pain and humiliation i felt around 6 weeks ago on a train heading into London.

There was a Muslim lady wearing Islamic attire sat opposite me. I made the mistake of overting my gaze from knees and my eyes accidentally met her garment. I didnt mean to be racist but i was looking at the detail of the silk*? and caught my mind drifting and before i know it, she had turned away in clear discomfort and i felt the searing sun light like heat of two young female students looking at me with abject scorn. One of them even cleared her throat like she was ready to make an example of me (Correctly i know) I immediately left my seat and moved to the furthest carriage away and sat on the floor away from the devastation my ignorance had just caused.

The point i am making is there will be no in depth news coverage of what i subjected this muslim lady to. There will be no pray for her hashtags or candle memorials for what she had to suffer thanks to the subconscious racist part of my brain islamophobes have cultured. So what if there are a few terror attacks a year in our countries?? Like 84 people got killed in Nice, yea thats a shame but its not like it was my uni campus which has a high density of progressive great minds of the future on it. I just think children and families die all the time from things like sticking tic tacs in their ears and stuff and we never see that on the islamophobic news.
(edited 7 years ago)
Stop unchecked immigration from muslim countries. Do something which amounts to blockading the part of the Med they cross from. All those who live in council estate ghettos, redistribute them.
Original post by KingBradly
Educate people about Islam, and criticise it where it deserves to be criticised. That should be sufficient to make more intelligent Muslims realise that Islam has a lot of problems.

Restrict immigration from certain countries where everyone is a strict Muslim, and one's life, and everyone's life you know, is entirely ruled and defined by Islam. Afghanistan and Iraq would be examples.

Acknowledge that both Islamic texts and Islamic cultures play a part in creating Islamic terrorists, so that we can begin to consider what needs to addressed.

Ban faith schools.

This primarily consists of 'educating people' and 'acknowledging'

this does nothing, evidently people are still Muslim and always will be regardless of how much you criticise Islam, its stupid to stir up religious hatred and target Islam
Original post by 1010marina
And what would the solution from Islamophiles be?

Worldwide caliphate. :cool:
Original post by QE2

he's a bit of a mong then
he's a bit of a mong then

Your argumentative style of name-calling really trumps it all doesn't it?
Original post by QE2

I see them as Islamic terrorism caused by non-religious factors. Are you going to fulfil my earlier request? Or are you going to shy away like you always do?
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
Your argumentative style of name-calling really trumps it all doesn't it?

okay, you're asking me to substantiate:
if islamic extremism is all based on politics or nationalism, how come we didn't get religious extremism under the fascist periods in spain, italy and germany? if islamic extremism is about nationalism, why did the orlando shooting happen? etc
okay, you're asking me to substantiate:
if islamic extremism is all based on politics or nationalism, how come we didn't get religious extremism under the fascist periods in spain, italy and germany? if islamic extremism is about nationalism, why did the orlando shooting happen? etc

Because in all of these cases, those who are being persecuted are small minorities. The vast majority of the population of Germany under Hitler, Italy under Mussolini, etc... were all treated relatively OK.

Under Assad's regime, the country is literally split into rebels, pashmerga, ISIS, al-nusra or the government forces - the fighting is constant and in mass between these factions.

A civil war is excessively different from having a fascist regime. I'm surprised you even brought this up tbh...

And as I have said an insurmountable number of times, its not just political, people become radicalised if their lives are turned upside down. This happens because of both political and non-political reasons. An example is the Charlie Hebdo shooters, their mother committed suicide and they were orphaned and therefore got involved in petty crime at a young age before being imprisoned. That is a domestic/social series of events which radicalised them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending