The Student Room Group

when do examiner reports come out ?

I want to know when the examiner reports will be released for the summer 2016 Alevel exams ?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by fefssdf
I want to know when the examiner reports will be released for the summer 2016 Alevel exams ?

I think they're released the day before results?
Reply 3
Original post by emiloujess
I think they're released the day before results?

ok thanks ; I'm gonna spend the whole day analysing grade boundaries and reading examiner reports now hmmm
Original post by fefssdf
ok thanks ; I'm gonna spend the whole day analysing grade boundaries and reading examiner reports now hmmm

Although that may have been because someone was able to get hold of them... :/

Yeah I spent the day worrying about GBs last year hahahaha... especially with that stupid GB thread that had silly people putting scary links on. :angry:
Reply 5
Although that may have been because someone was able to get hold of them... :/

Yeah I spent the day worrying about GBs last year hahahaha... especially with that stupid GB thread that had silly people putting scary links on. :angry:

yh last year I got up early to access them cause they're usually up at like 8am and I felt a similar anxiety to scrolling down to see the boundaries that I did when I opened my results envelope ; pretty scary stuff
Original post by fefssdf
yh last year I got up early to access them cause they're usually up at like 8am and I felt a similar anxiety to scrolling down to see the boundaries that I did when I opened my results envelope ; pretty scary stuff

The first ones last year were released at midnight on the 12th, I remember because it was WJEC. I didn't sleep that night but at least that meant I could sleep the night of the 12th.
Reply 7
The first ones last year were released at midnight on the 12th, I remember because it was WJEC. I didn't sleep that night but at least that meant I could sleep the night of the 12th.

ohhh right yh i think I remember looking on the thread and people were making jokes about how nobody does WJEC and then i just went to bed seeing as the likes of edexcel and aqa weren't coming out till the morning.... i do think this time its gonna be more nerve wracking as i know my grades in at least one subject could go either way so the boundaries really have to be in my favour
Original post by fefssdf
ohhh right yh i think I remember looking on the thread and people were making jokes about how nobody does WJEC and then i just went to bed seeing as the likes of edexcel and aqa weren't coming out till the morning.... i do think this time its gonna be more nerve wracking as i know my grades in at least one subject could go either way so the boundaries really have to be in my favour

I did WJEC Film Studies :tongue: ARGH I'm not looking forward to August AT ALL!!
Reply 9
I did WJEC Film Studies :tongue: ARGH I'm not looking forward to August AT ALL!!

It is getting SO close now ; I know my english grade is either going to be an A or a B but I just can't tell which one it will be cause it does depend on grade boundaries and how generous the examiner was so I'm just completely freaking out about this ; if i don't get the A then i don't meet my firm or insurance offer and then i could be in clearing like jesus christ :/
Original post by fefssdf
It is getting SO close now ; I know my english grade is either going to be an A or a B but I just can't tell which one it will be cause it does depend on grade boundaries and how generous the examiner was so I'm just completely freaking out about this ; if i don't get the A then i don't meet my firm or insurance offer and then i could be in clearing like jesus christ :/

I honestly don't think Clearing is as bad as it sounds :smile: It's hard when you've had your heart set on a uni for god knows how long but I'm sure if the worst happens you'll still find a good place! Maybe start looking through courses that are in Clearing atm if you're very worried?

... Although I did that and it backfired on me.
Reply 11
I honestly don't think Clearing is as bad as it sounds :smile: It's hard when you've had your heart set on a uni for god knows how long but I'm sure if the worst happens you'll still find a good place! Maybe start looking through courses that are in Clearing atm if you're very worried?

... Although I did that and it backfired on me.

I have looked at clearing courses but i have no idea which uni i would want to go to through clearing as a lot of the module options are limited and lots of the unis are far away and i don't have a car so its hard to go visit them and idk i just feel like clearing would be a step into the dark and wouldn't end well so i think I will take a gap year cause i have a job and would retake stuff or maybe pick another course lol
Original post by fefssdf
I have looked at clearing courses but i have no idea which uni i would want to go to through clearing as a lot of the module options are limited and lots of the unis are far away and i don't have a car so its hard to go visit them and idk i just feel like clearing would be a step into the dark and wouldn't end well so i think I will take a gap year cause i have a job and would retake stuff or maybe pick another course lol

I would rather be in your position than the position I'm in now to be honest. I'm completely torn between my firm and a Clearing course...

:frown: Can you not get someone else to drive you?
Reply 13
I would rather be in your position than the position I'm in now to be honest. I'm completely torn between my firm and a Clearing course...

:frown: Can you not get someone else to drive you?

hmmm well yh i also want to switch my firm and insurance choices around but thats a whole other story and no not really like my parents don't drive and i don't know anyone my age with a car
Original post by fefssdf
hmmm well yh i also want to switch my firm and insurance choices around but thats a whole other story and no not really like my parents don't drive and i don't know anyone my age with a car

That shouldn't be too much of an issue, you might even be able to do it before Results Day!

Ah :frown: what about public transport?
Reply 15
That shouldn't be too much of an issue, you might even be able to do it before Results Day!

Ah :frown: what about public transport?

Yh but it's expensive like £40 or so just for the day and unis dont hâve open days around this time so it's not like I could actually see my chosen department ect like I'd just see the outside of it hence why idk whether clearing is a wise move ; would rather visit unis next year and then make up my mind :/ but idk I think when it comes to it and I have no place then I bet I will just pick somewhere in clearing and just go for it and make the most of it and I could potentially try to get into my firm/ insurance choice by moving there for second year which I would consider
Original post by fefssdf
Yh but it's expensive like £40 or so just for the day and unis dont hâve open days around this time so it's not like I could actually see my chosen department ect like I'd just see the outside of it hence why idk whether clearing is a wise move ; would rather visit unis next year and then make up my mind :/ but idk I think when it comes to it and I have no place then I bet I will just pick somewhere in clearing and just go for it and make the most of it and I could potentially try to get into my firm/ insurance choice by moving there for second year which I would consider

Some universities have Clearing open days :smile: Gap year seems like an option for you but I guess it's how you feel on Results Day itself.
Reply 17
Some universities have Clearing open days :smile: Gap year seems like an option for you but I guess it's how you feel on Results Day itself.

Yh but most of these happen after results day and I'm only interested in Russel groups and for these clearing spaces go typically within 48 hours
Original post by fefssdf
Yh but most of these happen after results day and I'm only interested in Russel groups and for these clearing spaces go typically within 48 hours

Ah :frown: I hope you sort something out, maybe you're just being pessimistic like most of us are and you will end up getting in! :tongue:
Reply 19
Ah :frown: I hope you sort something out, maybe you're just being pessimistic like most of us are and you will end up getting in! :tongue:

yh man hopefully i can come on tsr on results day and share my good news but it just seems so unlikely now like some sort of ideal scenario which won't happen

Quick Reply

Latest