The Student Room Group

Do your parents compliment you?

One girl on my Facebook gets comments from her Dad usually on her pictures.. Complimenting how she looks etc. I find it slightly creepy probably because mine never compliment me LOL. It's the same with nearly most of my relatives and friends etc.

I'm Sikh girl with Indian parents, they rarely ever compliment me. If you watch iisuperwomanii (parent) videos you'll understand 😂

Scroll to see replies

No lol, all I do is get criticised by my mum, I don't mind too much since I know she just wants the best for me. While my father doesn't critic me like mum does, I don't exactly get compliments from him either :biggrin:
Nah my parents insult me at least 3 or 4 times a day, no compliments lmao
Reply 3
My mum compliments me a lot but my stepdad doesn't have a nice word to say about me it seems :laugh:
Reply 4
Nope. I prefer it that way. It would be weird af.
Original post by Anonymous
One girl on my Facebook gets comments from her Dad usually on her pictures.. Complimenting how she looks etc. I find it slightly creepy probably because mine never compliment me LOL. It's the same with nearly most of my relatives and friends etc.

I'm Sikh girl with Indian parents, they rarely ever compliment me. If you watch iisuperwomanii (parent) videos you'll understand 😂

My mum compliments me when I put a lot of effort into something, but not for what I achieve. Like, she will say "well done for working so hard for your exams" instead of "well done for getting an A". I think that's really nice.
Reply 6
Original post by Platopus
My mum compliments me when I put a lot of effort into something, but not for what I achieve. Like, she will say "well done for working so hard for your exams" instead of "well done for getting an A". I think that's really nice.

She's read Dweck.
Reply 7
Original post by 34908seikj
No lol, all I do is get criticised by my mum, I don't mind too much since I know she just wants the best for me. While my father doesn't critic me like mum does, I don't exactly get compliments from him either :biggrin:

LOL I agree, this guy comments on his daughter photo with like "beautiful" etc .. Kind of creepy for me 👀
Reply 8
Original post by 34908seikj

Me too :redface: I can't eat anything without my mum telling me I'm gonna get diabetes & she never forgets to tell me how lazy I am :frown:
I get compliments but I also get insulted all the time.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Nah my parents insult me at least 3 or 4 times a day, no compliments lmao

Join the club.. 😃
the closest to a compliment I've come is "well, at least you've got no friends to annoy with your prescence"
:frown:
Original post by goam
Me too :redface: I can't eat anything without my mum telling me I'm gonna get diabetes & she never forgets to tell me how lazy I am :frown:

For me it's more If I'm not studying [during the ****ing summer] or staying up late [during the ****ing summer] etc... smh I'm not even Chinese.
Original post by Spock's Socks
My mum compliments me a lot but my stepdad doesn't have a nice word to say about me it seems :laugh:

LOL neither of my parents compliment me. I passed first year of uni, they were like "ok good". I just find it creepy the things he comments on his daughters pictures, it's not occasional either. EVERY picture.

Or maybe I'm just destined to be unloved.. 😂
Original post by Sisuphos
Nope. I prefer it that way. It would be weird af.

I agree, I'm used to it. I love my parents with all my heart, they just express their love differently I guess.
Original post by Platopus

Oh that's good! ☺️ .. This guy comments on his daughters every picture saying "beautiful" and "gorgeous etc"
Original post by saraxh
I get compliments but I also get insulted all the time.

I guess parents have different ways to express their love.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
the closest to a compliment I've come is "well, at least you've got no friends to annoy with your prescence"
:frown:

Welcome to the club 👋🏼
Reply 18

I think that's weird. Why not just tell that in person.
BTW, I love Superwoman haha
Welcome to the club 👋🏼

:five:
:getmecoat::emo:

Quick Reply

Latest