The Student Room Group

Islamophobes - what are your solutions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
Because in all of these cases, those who are being persecuted are small minorities. The vast majority of the population of Germany under Hitler, Italy under Mussolini, etc... were all treated relatively OK.

so why didn't jews become radicalised under hitler? :|

Under Assad's regime, the country is literally split into rebels, pashmerga, ISIS, al-nusra or the government forces - the fighting is constant and in mass between these factions.

A civil war is excessively different from having a fascist regime. I'm surprised you even brought this up tbh...

I didn't mention syria...? ISIS might be in syria but I didn't claim the civil war was based on religion...?

And as I have said an insurmountable number of times, its not just political, people become radicalised if their lives are turned upside down. This happens because of both political and non-political reasons. An example is the Charlie Hebdo shooters, their mother committed suicide and they were orphaned and therefore got involved in petty crime at a young age before being imprisoned. That is a domestic/social series of events which radicalised them.

I know a guy whose father committed suicide when he was only a child but why didn't he end up shooting people who drew things he didn't like?
Original post by sleepysnooze
so why didn't jews become radicalised? :|

I didn't mention syria...? ISIS might be in syria but I didn't claim the civil war was based on religion...?

I know a guy whose father committed suicide when he was only a child but why didn't he end up shooting people who drew things he didn't like?

Quite obviously they were radicalised, we just never saw an expression of this radicalisation in the form of a terrorist attack - because the regime that is responsible for Jewish persecution was eradicated.

And I brought up Syria because you pondered why radicalisation didn't occur in Europe during fascist eras, I was making a comparison to how radicalisation occurs right now, and how it is different to that from almost a century ago.

Did this guy, whose father committed suicide, get involved with crime and the prison system?
Quite obviously they were radicalised,

proof?

And I brought up Syria because you pondered why radicalisation didn't occur in Europe during fascist eras, I was making a comparison to how radicalisation occurs right now, and how it is different to that from almost a century ago.

...you never explained that though?

Did this guy, whose father committed suicide, get involved with crime and the prison system?

no - so what though? are you saying people who go to prison then become religious extremists? then why don't we see evidence of that?
Your posts are a joke and you know it.

is this your proof of jewish religious extremism? why aren't you giving me the proof of the claim you made about jewish religious extremism?
is this your proof of jewish religious extremism? why aren't you giving me the proof of the claim you made about jewish religious extremism?

I said radicalisation, not "Jewish extremism"

Can you prove to me that radicalisation = religious extremism?

you're a joke with baseless, hollow arguments and you twist my words like no one else on this website, because under the skin you're an uninformed, discriminatory person who won't even read what I say, even when I'm trying to be constructive.
well the fact that you've deleted your last post just sends a great message about your confidence...

I said radicalisation, not "Jewish extremism"

same thing, in this context. you aren't talking about jews being extreme but not violent. you're (and I'm) obviously referring to terrorism or similar acts.

Can you prove to me that radicalisation = religious extremism?

well "radicalisation" is obviously an extremity of the mind, but not of one's actions. radicalisation =/= committing extremist acts, but it's the belief that those acts themselves are good. it's more likely based on a fear of the consequences to not commit those acts if you yourself are an extremist. that's the thing. that's not a matter of morality.

you're a joke with baseless, hollow arguments and you twist my words like no one else on this website, because under the skin you're an uninformed, discriminatory person who won't even read what I say, even when I'm trying to be constructive.

are you joking?
you make all these claims, I ask you for evidence, and what do you give me? nothing. 0%.
how is what I'm saying "baseless"? specifically what have I ever said that was as such?
well the fact that you've deleted your last post just sends a great message about your confidence...

same thing, in this context. you aren't talking about jews being extreme but not violent. you're (and I'm) obviously referring to terrorism or similar acts.

well "radicalisation" is obviously an extremity of the mind, but not of one's actions. radicalisation =/= committing extremist acts, but it's the belief that those acts themselves are good. it's more likely based on a fear of the consequences to not commit those acts if you yourself are an extremist. that's the thing. that's not a matter of morality.

are you joking?
you make all these claims, I ask you for evidence, and what do you give me? nothing. 0%.
how is what I'm saying "baseless"? specifically what have I ever said that was as such?

I never delete posts, it got removed by the mods, probably because you reported it.

And prove to me that radicalisation = religious extremism. Radicalisation is a non-religious term lmfao.
Reply 67
I see them as Islamic terrorism caused by non-religious factors. Are you going to fulfil my earlier request? Or are you going to shy away like you always do?
What earlier request? To me? Where?
Reply 68

And as I have said an insurmountable number of times, its not just political, people become radicalised if their lives are turned upside down. This happens because of both political and non-political reasons. An example is the Charlie Hebdo shooters, their mother committed suicide and they were orphaned and therefore got involved in petty crime at a young age before being imprisoned. That is a domestic/social series of events which radicalised them.
So, you are claiming that personal issues make people more susceptible to Islamic radicalisation - although you also claim that Islamic radicalisation does not exist.

You appear to be taking two distinct positions here:
One (that you share with me) that Islam is one of potentially several factors involved in radicalisation of extremists, and
Two, that Islam has nothing to do with Islamic extremism and radicalisation.

You can't hold both, so which one is it?
Original post by Wōden
From a nationalistic point of view:

- Cease all military activity in the Middle East.

- Stop worrying about being viewed as "racist".

- Adopt a total ban on any further migration from majority muslim nations and the third world in general. Restrict migration to those from culturally and ethnically similar regions such as Northern/Western Europe, North America, Australia, NZ and limited numbers from highly developed East Asian countries.

- Genuine refugees upon being vetted and in numbers we can sustain, will be allowed to live here under strict supervision until the situation improves in their own country, upon which they will be returned home, no exceptions.

- Adopt a zero tolerance approach to domestic extremism, with deportation or imprisonment for any individual displaying the slightest whiff of Islamic extremism or anti-Western rhetoric. Other extremist movements that actively promote violence will also not be tolerated

- For the long term protection of our ethnic and cultural identity, the state should peacefully attempt to reverse the current multicultural trajectory, perhaps by providing some form of financial incentivisation for Muslims and other non-native populations to voluntarily leave the country.

You can do that by limiting the number of children, that would be impossible to implement though.
why are you putting islamic terrorism in inverted commas?

Because he sees the recent terror attacks as Islamic freedom fighting, hence his crusades on here in other threads to **** off anybody who wants to discuss the "problem".
islamophobe is not a word. Islamosceptic is better. People who don't like the EU are not Europhobes, they are Eurosceptics.

I would propose stop getting involved in wars in the middle east and stop the madness of this mass migration and send foreign aid to people fleeing rather than just taking everybody.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending