The Student Room Group

Do you wear glasses?

Poll

Do you wear glasses?

I wear glasses, although it is only meant to be for look at lectures, boards etc. I was wondering how many of you also wear glasses?

Are you short sighted or long sighted? How long have you been wearing glasses for? I've been wearing them since college so for around 3 years!

Finally have you tried wearing contact lenses? I feel eventually I will but I am a bit scared to try them to be honest :afraid:

Edit: Absolute spelling fail on the thread title - although not sure how many people saw it :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

That sneaky edit :lol:

and yes
Reply 2
Yip me and all my close family wear glasses. We are like a walking advert for Specsavers :colondollar:

I've been wearing glasses full time since I was 14, so ten years now. Before that I only had to wear them for reading and watching TV and that was only for a year or two. I'm short sighted.

I keep meaning to try contacts but I always forget to mention it when I'm in Specsavers. I even forgot last week when I went for my eye test and got 2 new pairs of glasses instead :laugh:
I wear contact lenses outside. I usually wear glasses at home.
Yep :smile: for many years now. My mum was diagnosed with keratoconus when she was 22, which is a pretty serious degenerative eye disorder. It's looking as though I haven't inherited the disorder myself but my eye sight is still extremely poor. I wear contact lenses for a majority of the time.
I do wear glasses. I think it's been two years this summer now.
I'm short sighted. So I don't need glasses to read but I do need them for looking in to the distance. This includes things like watching tele in the living room.

I haven't tried contact lenses but I would like to, think I'd just be scared about putting them on lol.
Reply 6
Original post by Salamandastron

and yes

You can tell its late on a Friday when I don't notice that for a couple of minutes :redface:

Original post by Spock's Socks
Yip me and all my close family wear glasses. We are like a walking advert for Specsavers :colondollar:

I've been wearing glasses full time since I was 14, so ten years now. Before that I only had to wear them for reading and watching TV and that was only for a year or two. I'm short sighted.

I keep meaning to try contacts but I always forget to mention it when I'm in Specsavers. I even forgot last week when I went for my eye test and got 2 new pairs of glasses instead :laugh:

:lol: That's a good way of putting it!

I do like getting new glasses :colondollar: My first pair were awful so I didn't really wear them, but my latest pair are much better! Although I haven't been for an eye test for about a year and a half, so my prescription has probably changed :redface:

It was a bit depressing because my eyesight seemed to deteriorate all of a sudden one day :frown:
Original post by PugDevil
:redface:

ayy back at it again :hat2:
I wear glasses as am short sighted, need it for TV watching, PC'ing and reading (music). I assume driving as well but not sure, been a while since I've been to the opiticians :lol:
XD

Original post by Salamandastron
and yes

looooooooooooooooool salamanders saw u looooooooool :ninja: :mmm:
Nope, I'm the only one in my family who doesn't wear them
I don't, I really like how they look though :tongue: however I am grateful for my sight, of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I've been wearing glasses since I was like 5. But saying that my sight isn't actually that terrible, I can still read and see without my glasses but it just won't be as clear
I wear glasses, although it is only meant to be for look at lectures, boards etc. I was wondering how many of you also wear glasses?

Are you short sighted or long sighted? How long have you been wearing glasses for? I've been wearing them since college so for around 3 years!

Finally have you tried wearing contact lenses? I feel eventually I will but I am a bit scared to try them to be honest :afraid:

Edit: Absolute spelling fail on the thread title - although not sure how many people saw it :redface:

Shortsighted so all the time >.>

Nope no contact lenses for me....
I don't, mum does though.
Reply 13
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
ayy back at it again :hat2:
I wear glasses as am short sighted, need it for TV watching, PC'ing and reading (music). I assume driving as well but not sure, been a while since I've been to the opiticians :lol:
XD

looooooooooooooooool salamanders saw u looooooooool :ninja: :mmm:

Are you following me?!

Yeah it's going to be a pain having to wear them for driving all the time when I actually begin to learn.

Spoiler

Yeah, i got some great looking Ray Bans too 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been wearing glasses for nearly 10 years now :redface: I'm short sighted and i only wear contact lenses for special occasions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you following me?!

Yeah it's going to be a pain having to wear them for driving all the time when I actually begin to learn.

Spoiler

ur yes i am a follower but no i am not stalking you, Your threads always catch my eye and them im like WAIT A SECOND its pug devil at it again :rofl: :awesome:
lol yh same XD

Spoiler

Reply 17
Original post by Changing Skies
I don't, I really like how they look though :tongue: however I am grateful for my sight, of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be :frown:

It's literally like not having glasses and trying to read text from far away = filming with a potato

Whilst wearing glasses makes everything like high definition :u: I do wonder if my eyes have ever been as good as they are with glasses!
Reply 18
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
ur yes i am a follower but no i am not stalking you, Your threads always catch my eye and them im like WAIT A SECOND its pug devil at it again :rofl: :awesome:
lol yh same XD

Spoiler

Well I'm glad that they're catching your eye :wink: Also I replied mainly to tell you that I've been trying to rep you for quite a while and it won't let me :lolwut:
Reply 19
Of course not

Quick Reply

Latest