The Student Room Group

I'm skinny and it's really annoying me...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MaterialBoy
I mentioned I can wrap my hand round my bicep without flexing and my middle finger can touch my thumb when I do that.

So when you wrap your hand around your bicep, your middle finger and thumb touch?!?!?:s-smilie:
You're still young, probably still growing. You'll probably fill out more as you get older :smile:
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
You're still young, probably still growing. You'll probably fill out more as you get older :smile:

Does that count if you're 17, like me, for example?:s-smilie:
Original post by 73iso
People think I am skinny but I am actually fat. I can't do endurance because of my medical condition so I mainly do weights instead. I get pressurised against doing it because my parents think that it will stunt my growth, and that's bad if you're 17 and only 5'5
I hate genetics. Feels like the biggest damn source of inequality in the developed world. Then there's a girl in my school who is in poverty but gets bursary and benefits. I actually feel envious of her.

What are your measurements?Also the idea that weight lifting stunts growth is false. Here is a link to an article written by a Professor of health sciences that explains this: http://www.transforminghealth.org/stories/2014/08/will-your-child-stunt-their-growth-if-they-lift-weights.phpOh and by the way, don't feel envious of her. For all the s*** she's probably been through, the least she deserves is a good school.
Aw don't worry it's cute!
On the plus side, being skinny is fashionable. :u:
Original post by Mvine001
Does that count if you're 17, like me, for example?:s-smilie:

I think so, boys stop growing later than girls I think boys can still grow in height until 18/19*
Reply 67
I'm the biggest eater in my family.

There is nothing we can do for you if you are not willing to listen to the advice. It doesn't matter what your family do. Just start eating a bit more and see how it goes.

I mentioned I can wrap my hand round my bicep without flexing and my middle finger can touch my thumb when I do that.

If you specifically want to increase the size of your biceps then you have to train them.
Original post by eternaforest
Im skinny as well and would never wear a tank top, so id say wear it because it shows confidence :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you wear speedos at a swimming pool? :rofl:
Yep
Original post by RVNmax
There is nothing we can do for you if you are not willing to listen to the advice. It doesn't matter what your family do. Just start eating a bit more and see how it goes.

If you specifically want to increase the size of your biceps then you have to train them.
So I'm somewhat skinny. Like I can wrap my hands around my bicep without flexing and I can touch my middle finger with my thumb. I'm 16 male and I've always been fairly skinny. I'm pretty sure it's just one of those everyone develops differently kind of things. But it's summer and I really want to wear tanktops. See, when I put them on my body actually seems in proportion and I personally think it looks okay. But I'm thinking of just ignoring what others may think and just going for it. Also I am going to the gym but I really need to start going more often.

Do you agree?

Fast metabolism, I had,that at that age. I drank protien whey and did weight lifting, and ate 5/6 times a day even though I didn't feel hungey I forced it and then was used to it. Any PT will tell you that the body needs fuel, food (healthy) is required 5/6 times, in time it'll stay on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Research the best exercises because you may possibly be doing exercises that inhibit weight gain
Original post by RavioliDance
Would you wear speedos at a swimming pool? :rofl:

I never go swimming, I have an extreme phobia of bodies of water :colondollar:
Original post by eternaforest
I never go swimming, I have an extreme phobia of bodies of water :colondollar:

Well, would you if you did go swimming if you didn't have the phobia?

Quick Reply

Latest