The Student Room Group

Do your parents compliment you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 34908seikj
What are you talking about? You're crazy.

idk what i'm talking about
Original post by PrincessBO$$

idk what i'm talking about

Shakira is here?

sup
Shakira is here?

sup

YEP
Reply 64
Original post by Platopus
My mum compliments me when I put a lot of effort into something, but not for what I achieve. Like, she will say "well done for working so hard for your exams" instead of "well done for getting an A". I think that's really nice.

This is mainly what I get from my parents too. They got me a results present for GCSEs before I actually got my results lol as I had done a lot of revision (well, I always revise quite late, but intensely).
Original post by Anonymous
I don't watch JusReign tbh, did you watch Superwomans "every fight with my parents?" Literally story of my life 📖😂

Yes! Haha, her impersonations are brilliant and they've got their own insta/twitter accounts lol, the dad is hilarious , have you seen the reactions to music videos?
Can't remember that my parents ever complimented me, be it the look, be it my personality. It is okay, as I have never excepted a compliment.*
I was raised more by my grandparents than my mum and dad. My gran rarely compliments me, she usually has little digs about my hair being a mess or that I gained a few pounds. I usually ask her if she feels ok if she pays me a compliment :tongue: the best one is my papa though. He never compliments or insults me. On my mum's wedding day this year, I was expecting my first ever compliment and asked him how I looked in my bridesmaids dress and my hair and make up all done and he just said "aye you look fine, nothing wrong with you" :laugh: that was as far as a compliment goes with him I think lol
As an African child with a strict, ever-criticising mum......... compliments don't exist lol
I don't really compliment me so I learned to compliment myself:smile:
This thread is really sad :redface: It's depressing how many parents here can't find a good thing to say to their children :frown:

I'm South Asian and both my parents compliment my sister and I all the time. Equally if we do something stupid we get yelled at :colondollar:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
This is mainly what I get from my parents too. They got me a results present for GCSEs before I actually got my results lol as I had done a lot of revision (well, I always revise quite late, but intensely).

That's so nice of them! I think it's what I will try to do with my kids too. It encourages a good work ethic, without making your self value entirely determinate on success.
One girl on my Facebook gets comments from her Dad usually on her pictures.. Complimenting how she looks etc. I find it slightly creepy probably because mine never compliment me LOL. It's the same with nearly most of my relatives and friends etc.

I'm Sikh girl with Indian parents, they rarely ever compliment me. If you watch iisuperwomanii (parent) videos you'll understand 😂

Naaah my parents beat me and make me eat ****
Reply 73
I agree! I love her too.. Did you watch her video with the Rock? 😳😳

I did! She's a real superwoman :congrats:I like how she's so cool around him. I'd just die :colondollar:
Nah they don't. If my mum does compliment me it's usually sarcasm :lol:
No lol, all I do is get criticised by my mum, I don't mind too much since I know she just wants the best for me. While my father doesn't critic me like mum does, I don't exactly get compliments from him either :biggrin:

I have the exact same problem. My mum criticises me a lot pretty much every single day of the week. I don't see much of my dad as he works a lot most of the time but he does compliment me when he's at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending