The Student Room Group

'Shots fired' in Munich shopping centre, and major police operation underway

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jake4198
I doubt he's a raging Buddhist, mate.

not a right wing nationalist? has that been ruled out too?
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
not a right wing nationalist? has that been ruled out too?

Since Breivik, which was in 2011, there hasn't been a single mass shooting in Europe committed by a right wing nationalist.
Since Breivik, which was in 2011, there hasn't been a single mass shooting in Europe committed by a right wing nationalist.

So? Its still too early to rule it out, especially given the recent thwarted attempt to attack the Euro 2016 games by a right wing nationalist.
I've taken the liberty of providing the left with some excuses when we inevitably find out it's a Muslim (migrant):

"He isn't a proper Muslim".
"He drinks alcohol".
"He beat his wife".
"99% of Muslims are peaceful".
"Muslims are the true victims of terror"
"Christians commit acts of terrorism too"
"This is the west's fault"
"Why does no one care about terrorist attacks in Iraq?"

lol you're a joke. if you love facts so much, why not post them instead of jumping to conclusions? have some respect for the victims.
spiegel and Reuters reported that several people dead and shooting committed by several attackers.

Munich is one of Germany's safest and wealthiest cities. Used to have lowest crime statistics. police is well staffed and local government is law & order. the writing was on the wall as German security experts have warned about shootings and coordinated attacks in cities. German liberal media organisations have described the train stabbing as isolated incidence and appealed to integration. They are ignoring the threat.

police SWAT and armed response teams are called, very unusual for Germany as there are few lethal shooting incidents due to strict gun laws. Most Germans see this scenario as an American problem.
(edited 7 years ago)
Upsetting :frown:

Almost as upsetting as seeing the first thing that people do in threads is to point the blames at muslims or the far-right. Why don't you calm down your stereotypes and wait until there's some confirmation jfc.
Reply 27
Original post by Inexorably
Upsetting :frown:

Almost as upsetting as seeing the first thing that people do in threads is to point the blames at muslims or the far-right. Why don't you calm down your stereotypes and wait until there's some confirmation jfc.

Wait, people prematurely finger pointing is more upsetting than people being shot and killed? :s-smilie:

Therefore it's never possible ever again????
Original post by tanyapotter
lol you're a joke. if you love facts so much, why not post them instead of jumping to conclusions? have some respect for the victims.

Ah, you're back, lovely, and delving straight back in with the personal insults. I see you still posses the same degree of rudeness adjoined with a whiff of incessant delusion towards the real world.

Here's some facts for you: last year - Islamic terror was responsible for 2,866 attacks in 53 countries, resulting 27,627 deaths and 26,150 injuries according to data compiled by the Heritage Foundation.

Given that in the past fortnight, we have seen 84 deaths in France and over 100 deaths at the hands of Islamic fundamentalists operating worldwide - not to mention lone knife attacks by Muslim men in Germany and France - perhaps it's not naive to presume that the attacker this evening in Germany was a man associated with radical Islam given the presence it has in inflicting havoc on innocent people.

As an ignoramus, I don't expect you to accept my mentioning Islam in a critical manner because you choose to submit to political correctness to satisfy your need to adhere to leftist rhetoric as opposition to what you see as closet racism and xenophobia in denouncing the heinous crimes perpetrated by Muslims.

In your saying have some respect for the victims, maybe Angela Merkel and her European comrades who associate with radical leftism should have been more cautious when they allowed uncounted mass migration to western Europe without first filtering those who wish to inflict misery on the European people. The left has failed modern day Europe in its need to defend Islam from criticism, as such, right wing populism is thriving and my saying this is associated with Islam is in no way disrespectful to those who've felled.
Original post by george_c00per

No, therefore it's not unreasonable to presume it was committed by a Muslim given the extent and continuity of Islamic terror in Europe.

Political correctness, bud, is destroying western civilisation so stop pandering to it.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Wait, people prematurely finger pointing is more upsetting than people being shot and killed? :s-smilie:

Omg lmao I got that very mixed in my head. Put it the other way around haha.
Original post by george_c00per

Therefore there seems to be no reason to think such attacks are likely.

If you think another type of attack is likely, say averaging once a month? Then when an attack happens its only rational to say its more likely to be this type of perpetrator than another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, you're back, lovely, and delving straight back in with the personal insults. I see you still posses the same degree of rudeness adjoined with a whiff of incessant delusion towards the real world.

Here's some facts for you: last year - Islamic terror was responsible for 2,866 attacks in 53 countries, resulting 27,627 deaths and 26,150 injuries according to data compiled by the Heritage Foundation.

Given that in the past fortnight, we have seen 84 deaths in France and over 100 deaths at the hands of Islamic fundamentalists operating worldwide - not to mention lone knife attacks by Muslim men in Germany and France - perhaps it's not naive to presume that the attacker this evening in Germany was a man associated with radical Islam given the presence it has in inflicting havoc on innocent people.

As an ignoramus, I don't expect you to accept my mentioning Islam in a critical manner because you choose to submit to political correctness to satisfy your need to adhere to leftist rhetoric as opposition to what you see as closet racism and xenophobia in denouncing the heinous crimes perpetrated by Muslims.

In your saying have some respect for the victims, maybe Angela Merkel and her European comrades who associate with radical leftism should have been more cautious when they allowed uncounted mass migration to western Europe without first filtering those who wish to inflict misery on the European people. The left has failed modern day Europe in its need to defend Islam from criticism, as such, right wing populism is thriving and my saying this is associated with Islam is in no way disrespectful to those who've felled.

Speaking of statistics, 70,000 Muslims have died in terrorist attacks since 2004. The largest ethnic/religious group by far.

tldr, try providing facts pertaining to this particular incident. that's kind of the purpose of this thread.
also, don't act like a joke if you can't handle being called one.
Speaking of statistics, 70,000 Muslims have died in terrorist attacks since 2004. The largest ethnic/religious group by far.

Whats your point? That Islamism is so warped it even kills many muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We don't live in a Muslim country. It's not our responsibility. Given that 9% of Pakistanis have a favourable view towards ISIS, over 50% of British Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal and that around 600 million Muslims believe in radical Islamic philosophy - Islamic terror in Europe is rightfully more of a concern as a European myself.
Original post by fksociety
Hindus are unreservedly against violence

Have you read the Bhagavad Gita? lmao
Reply 38
Original post by ManiaMuse
My bets are on a Hindu...

Original post by joecphillips
God damn Buddhists

I still maintain that it's them scheming Jains!
You know? The ones that can't even eat root veg. for fear of killing even the smallest insects when the veg. is pulled out of the ground?
Yep, them! :toofunny:

Hindus are unreservedly against violence

We're not actually, we're allowed to use violence when the situation calls for it i.e.: to prevent greater atrocities.
reference: Mahabharata and Bhagavad Gita

Hindus can be violent at times, but you're right about this bit:
The violence is not ideologically driven. its mostly cultural.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
tldr, try providing facts pertaining to this particular incident. that's kind of the purpose of this thread.
also, don't act like a joke if you can't handle being called one.

So, I'm a joke for making a fair presumption?

According to Russia Today, police say it appears they are dealing with a "shooting rampage".

If it turns out not to be a Muslim(s) - fine. However, my assuming it's a Muslim is not an unfounded disposition. Given that there hasn't been a mass right-wing shooting since Brevik - and given that radical Muslims are hellbent on inflicting terror on European soil - stop pandering to overt delusion and start accepting the grim reality of radical Islamic terror on western peoples and democracy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending