The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

This is awful, what is happening to the world? It's becoming a weekly occurrence
1 dead, 10 injured is the latest being reported.
Original post by Sir Fox
None in the sources I am following.

According to conflict news on twitter there is one happening at marienplatz as we speak.
I have a friend who lives near Munich, she planned to go shopping this weekend. Luckily she didn't go today. She's just 16, it could have been her. I swear, if this turns out to be another Islamic attack...

Does anyone know which websites are most up-to-date about it?
Let's bring more refugees in.
Bavarian Ministry of the Interior now confirms three dead (so far).
So far there is no evidence of a terrorist incident. However, lone gunman attacks in Germnay are pretty low compared to somewhere like France or the US.
Original post by JRKinder
I have a friend who lives near Munich, she planned to go shopping this weekend. Luckily she didn't go today. She's just 16, it could have been her. I swear, if this turns out to be another Islamic attack...

Does anyone know which websites are most up-to-date about it?

Could have been anyone, yes. But among all the people I know I am the only one who actually know someone who has been killed in a terror attack - a friend of my mother in the 2008 Mumbai attacks. Not keen on the list getting longer ...
Also, police announce on Twitter that they do not know the shooters' current location. This is a recipe for more deaths ...
This is pretty creepy:
http://www.thelocal.de/20160722/seventy-seven-percent-of-germans-fear-terror-attack-soon

Published like an hour before the attack
this can't be happening

Germany banned assault weapons
Original post by JRKinder
I swear, if this turns out to be another Islamic attack...

You're gonna what... pray? Moan online? There's nothing you can do.
Original post by remiremi
this can't be happening

Do you enjoy politicising the death of people?
Original post by remiremi
this can't be happening

Yes. That's why the video of the shooter is showing him with nothing but a hand gun, and that's why despite the shooting having started in a crowded shopping centre so far 'only' 3 are confirmed dead.

Imagine this with assault rifles, and dozens would be dead by now.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sir Fox
Could have been anyone, yes. But among all the people I know I am the only one who actually know someone who has been killed in a terror attack - a friend of my mother in the 2008 Mumbai attacks. Not keen on the list getting longer ...
I'm sorry :/

Luckily I've heard from her that she's ok, but it's so scary when people you know are potentially wrapped up in it, as I'm sure you sympathise with.

Apparently there's supposed to be some sort of festival starting in Munich soon, I wonder if it'll go ahead now..
Original post by Sir Fox
Also, police announce on Twitter that they do not know the shooters' current location. This is a recipe for more deaths ...

at this point I consider it a blessing in disguise now.
Like, I'm one of the people who are really critical of Islam and how violent it is, but have the details of the shooters even been released yet?

At-least wait for the identity of the shooter to be a muslim before you start all this, now it just makes us look like hate filled bigots
Original post by Sir Fox
Yes. That's why the video of the shooter is showing him with nothing but a hand gun, and that's why despite the shooting having started in a crowded shopping centre so far 'only' 3 are confirmed dead.

Imaging this with assault rifles, and dozens would be dead by now.*

how is a fully semi-automatic pistol not an assault weapon?
3 dead, 10 injured.
Original post by Trapz99
This is pretty creepy:
http://www.thelocal.de/20160722/seventy-seven-percent-of-germans-fear-terror-attack-soon

Published like an hour before the attack

It isn't creepy, after Nice I expect a number even higher than that. Regarding the time of publication, I assume articles like this are written daily by some small newspaper or another.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending