The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
What you're saying is absolutely irrelevant to my point. You're trying to use this tragedy, the fresh blood of the murdered ones to further your own stupid ill-founded cause, without waiting to hear the intricacies and details of the shooting.

Obama does this exact same thing, jesus christ. The left did it when Breivik went on a killing spree, feminists did it when Elliot Rodger went on a killing spree, the liberal left is the absolute worst school of modern politics for using tragic events to further its cause.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/01/05/obama-crying-gun-executive-action-sot.cnn/video/playlists/obama-on-guns/
Original post by NotAboutLies
That's what I said.

I'm not saying people shouldn't bash Islam into the pavement, but at-least for the sake of being civil, wait till the bastard who did these acts is confirmed to be a radical muslim.

I am not talking about whether or not the murderer is a Muslim, but fortunately my comment can serve its purpose for that argument too.
Original post by oShahpo
Stop playing the victim, no one mentioned the Left, the Right, or Obama. What's wrong is wrong, regardless of who does it. Politicising the death of people to further an absolutely daft, ill-founded and clearly stupid idea, jumping steps and coming to the wrong conclusions is something anyone, Left or Right, should be ashamed of.

Whenever Obama calls for more gun control in the wake of a mass shooting, do you personally criticise him for taking advantage of a tragic event in pursuit of his personal political agenda? If you do not, then you are a hypocrite.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Obama does this exact same thing, jesus christ. The left did it when Breivik went on a killing spree, feminists did it when Elliot Rodger went on a killing spree, the liberal left is the absolute worst school of modern politics for using tragic events to further its cause.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/01/05/obama-crying-gun-executive-action-sot.cnn/video/playlists/obama-on-guns/

Conservatives have always been intellectually and morally superior to liberals

First of all, no one mentioned Obama, the Left, or the Right, this isn't a competition of "Who's less daft?"
Secondly, the conclusion Obama comes to is a conclusion supported by evidence and the opinions of experts, the conclusion the poster above comes too is supported by a daft deduction, and is shameful to pull because it could possibly have nothing to do with this scenario as the killers could be foreign, which would mean the problem is not one of gun control, but foreign and immigration policy..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NotAboutLies
All things aside.

2016 has been a HORRIBLE year.

True, seems every weekend something terrible happens somewhere
And it is not over yet as reports say that they got away from the scene
Whenever Obama calls for more gun control in the wake of a mass shooting, do you personally criticise him for taking advantage of a tragic event in pursuit of his personal political agenda? If you do not, then you are a hypocrite.

What I am is irrelevant, and so is what Obama says.
Can we keep this on topic and stop arguing about liberals/conservatives and US politics please?!
We need to elect Norsefire who'll protect us from evil terrorists.
Original post by Sir Fox
Can we keep this on topic and stop arguing about liberals/conservatives and US politics please?!

thats too ambitious of a request for TSR :wink:
Original post by Sir Fox

We should.

Looks to me like what he wants above all is a toilet.

Yeah, he has an adolescent-like build
The modern left is racist, but not in the way people assume. Most leftists are cultural supremacists who hate non-conformity to non-White culture, but instead assume that inside every Jihadi is a White person trying to break free. When Tony Blair decided he was going to invade Iraq he assumed that the people of Iraq were secretly all wishing to be French or German and they've proved him wrong, but not in a good way.

No, they assume, quite rightly, that in most Muslims there is a decent person breaking free. Also, next time, before you generalise and make a fool of yourself, post something to support what you're saying.
Original post by george_c00per
I can almost smell Merkel's approval ratings dropping..

Doubt she's too concerned tbh. Even if CDU lose support in 2017 election, given them and SPD are 70% of the vote (SPD being even more left leaning), it will just be a hung Parliament and she will likely still be in power.
I don't understand why everyone on twitter says PrayforMunich. Praying isn't going to help for God's sake. Actually defying and fighting back will.
Original post by Esoteric-
Doubt she's too concerned tbh. Even if CDU lose support in 2017 election, given them and SPD are 70% of the vote (SPD being even more left leaning), it will just be a hung Parliament and she will likely still be in power.

Even if she lost she'd have the big house and the bodyguards.
Official death toll is 6, number injured is still unknown
Original post by blah3210
we need to elect norsefire who'll protect us from evil terrorists.

bring your hammer, thor!

Quick Reply