The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Police now say three suspects on the run with 'longweapons' (bureaucratic German for anything longer than a handgun, i.e. rifles/shotguns etc.). GSG9 rushing into Munich. One reporter says he saw soldiers, which I find pretty unlikely as the German constitution prohibits the use of the armed forces in the interior except for in extraordinary situations of catastrophic dimensions, e.g. terror attacks the police cannot deal with alone.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
There are people right across the middle east, who will happily tell you they have no interest or desire for such a transition. The only Muslim country I can see becoming progressive is Shia Iran, everywhere else is moving towards something a European with his eyes open would regard as far-right.

The government monopoly on use of force is only justifiable if the government is capable of defending law abiding citizens to an acceptable level. This is looking increasingly dubious right across Europe.

LOL!
Recently Egypt's president gave a speech advocating "reforming" Islam, so that's a start, although he isn't doing much to support it.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/12/30/egypt-president-calls-for-islamic-reform-again-in-muhammad-birthday-speech/
Original post by Atlas Thugged
If most Englishmen were homophobic and opposed to the rights of women, why is it society has since come to accept both homosexuals and women's rights?

Prior to 1967, male on male homosexual activities were illegal and it was only in 1991 that marital rape was criminalised. Clearly, there has been a change in cultural thought in the last few decades; these shifts take time.

Personally I would say that Britain has been one of the most progressive and forward thinking nations, I mean we're the first country to ban slavery for example, if as those on the left are so quick to claim, our history is full of bigots, idiots and racists, then how we got to where we are today is just beyond me.

Wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolition_of_slavery_timeline
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo
On a side note, must be **** to be a brown person in Munich now, imagine the looks people are giving.

That really does not matter right now.
Original post by Trapz99

yes it does, I worry for the muslims who are harassed every time there is an attack
Original post by Trapz99

It's relevant to the topic, it's just that I am a brown person so I kinda feel it*. But yea it's only a side-note, not worthy of a Guardian or BBC update.

*Yea I also feel for the dead people much much more, before you retards jump on my horse. It's just a thought.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
yes it does, I worry for the muslims who are harassed every time there is an attack

But obviously not the victims of Islamic terror attacks, because their ancestors owned slaves and US foreign policy
Original post by Trapz99

of course a white guy would say that
Original post by Foo.mp3
Those supposedly in place to 'serve and protect' and keep 'law and order': "look after yourselves and avoid public places"

#Winning

Don't know what you're insinuating, but the German 'Passt auf euch auf.' is a friendly phrase meaning 'Take care!', not 'You're on your own.'. And I don't see the security forces sitting on their arses drinking tea.
Original post by blah3210
of course a white guy would say that

Do you have proof that he's white, or are you just a fool?
Original post by DauntlessOne
These "peaceful people" cannot co exist peacefully with the west, plain and simple. Just keep them out and stop closing your eyes to the bloody obvious!

they've been co-existing with "the west" for centuries just fine
Original post by NotAboutLies
But obviously not the victims of Islamic terror attacks, because their ancestors owned slaves and US foreign policy

I think victims of all forms of terror should be respected, are you telling me only ones of Islamic terror are respect-worthy?

Wow. Jumping to conclusions sure is foolish, huh?
Original post by oShahpo
Some of them do. In fact, most of them do. The evil minority is dangerous and should be destroyed, though.

Oh great you again. I don't want you to reply to my posts you have nothing interesting I want to hear thank you.

i've seen him state he's white numerous times. you're more than welcome to verify it by asking him, if you wish :smile:
Original post by DauntlessOne
Oh great you again. I don't want you to reply to my posts you have nothing interesting I want to hear thank you.

Don't know if you know this, but this is a public forum where I am allowed to do whatever I want within the bounds. I am free to discredit any daft point you make, you don't have to reply to me though.
Original post by tanyapotter
Wow. Jumping to conclusions sure is foolish, huh?

It is. Like the guy has no proof the Trapz user is white, yet made such a stupid comment.
they've been co-existing with "the west" for centuries just fine

I'm curious what's it like where you are on Mars?
Prior to 1967, male on male homosexual activities were illegal and it was only in 1991 that marital rape was criminalised. Clearly, there has been a change in cultural thought in the last few decades; these shifts take time.

If you think that literally means every man prior to 1991 was either a homophobic or a rapist, you're a fool.

You might wish to check your sources, the link clearly proves I am right.

1537: Pope Paul III forbids slavery of the indigenous peoples of the Americas as well as of any other new population that would be discovered, indicating their right to freedom and property (Sublimus Deus). However, only Catholic countries apply it, and state that they cannot possibly enforce what happens in the distant colonies. - so not abolished ok

1542: Spain enacted the New Laws, abolishing slavery of Native Americans in 1542. But replaced it with other systems of forced labor such as repartimiento. Slavery of Black Africans was not abolished.- so still not actually abolished

1569: An English court case involving Cartwright, who had brought a slave from Russia, ruled that English law could not recognise slavery. - here we are

It is. Like the guy has no proof the Trapz user is white, yet made such a stupid comment.

kind of like how you assumed the shooter is muslim without having any proof.. or if you didn't get that sarcasm then you're either trolling or just genuinely very thick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending