The Student Room Group

Weird UCAS update (unconditional but needs grades?)

My UCAS Track updated few days ago to unconditional firm, telling me an university had confirmed I have a place there. However, when I click the view button with that offer, it still says "This offer is subject to you obtaining..." and shows grades I did not achieve. I have send the university my exam results and they confirmed they had them. And isn't unconditional offer supposed to mean I have the place?

I was already celebrating but now I am starting to doubt whether I actually got in... I will call the uni come monday but if anyone could shed any light on this and reassure me I would be grateful..
Reply 1
Original post by Daffodillie
My UCAS Track updated few days ago to unconditional firm, telling me an university had confirmed I have a place there. However, when I click the view button with that offer, it still says "This offer is subject to you obtaining..." and shows grades I did not achieve. I have send the university my exam results and they confirmed they had them. And isn't unconditional offer supposed to mean I have the place?

I was already celebrating but now I am starting to doubt whether I actually got in... I will call the uni come monday but if anyone could shed any light on this and reassure me I would be grateful..

Yeah that's totally normal, that's what it's supposed to say.

I also have an unconditional offer and when I click 'view' it says 'offer subject to you obtaining' and above that it should say : 'Congratulations! Your place at X to study Y is confirmed'.

Don't worry, you have nothing to worry about. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by eden3
Yeah that's totally normal, that's what it's supposed to say.

I also have an unconditional offer and when I click 'view' it says 'offer subject to you obtaining' and above that it should say : 'Congratulations! Your place at X to study Y is confirmed'.

Don't worry, you have nothing to worry about. :smile:

So this means I can continue celebrating about my place in the uni? Wonderful! Hopefully I will soon receive confirmation letter from the uni, I don't think I will really believe this is true before it happens :bigsmile: Thank you for your help!
Reply 3
Original post by Daffodillie
So this means I can continue celebrating about my place in the uni? Wonderful! Hopefully I will soon receive confirmation letter from the uni, I don't think I will really believe this is true before it happens :bigsmile: Thank you for your help!

Yes, exactly! :biggrin: It says the exact same for me too.

Unconditional means your place has been guaranteed.

UCAS doesn't post confirmation letters by mail but your uni might. You can view your UCAS confirmation letter by logging in online, and clicking 'view your confirmation letter' in that big purple box. This is an official confirmation that your place has been secured at your uni.

Your place there has been 100% guaranteed, so you can start celebrating. :h:

Congrats on getting into your uni! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending