The Student Room Group

Why is it so impossible for me to just ****ing make friends ffs its not fair i feel

I dont understand, I am a cool talkative guy but I dont have no friend group, I have noone who will think "lets invite him", "ill say hello"

Its not fair, its so demotivating, i hate it all, i feel like hating everyone and even hating myself. I dont understand I thougjt maybe im not putting enough effort.

But when I do make effort I either get ignored or the convo becomes boring.

I have been inside most of summer **** my life. Ik that friends arent essential but its the holiday FFS. Its so ****ing depressing when I see everyone in snapchat having fun with each other and I am just here like.

Never been invited to a party,rarely speak to girls lol,no talents,socially awkward,socially retarded,no ambitions (i have no passions). No social life but still get below average grades

I try not to give up, I wonder where am I going wrong? Maybe Ill get it right tomorrow

Needed to vent sorry :;(. This is like my 5th thread lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

So what you are saying is that either they find you boring, or you find them boring?

To make good friends, you need to find people you share a common interest with. So join a club or organisation or society. Friendship is a long game so keep cool and let things happen over a long period of time. Making true friends is not like accepting a Facebook friend request.

Good luck!
It's sad that I can relate to some of the stuff you've mentioned *sigh*

Have you tried finding a hobby to get into? Or maybe get a job? It's a good way of being around more people and possibly making friends.
Try get outside your comfort and arrange plans
Reply 4
I dont understand, I am a cool talkative guy but I dont have no friend group, I have noone who will think "lets invite him", "ill say hello"

Its not fair, its so demotivating, i hate it all, i feel like hating everyone and even hating myself. I dont understand I thougjt maybe im not putting enough effort.

I have been inside most of summer **** my life. Ik that friends arent essential but its the holiday FFS. Its so ****ing depressing when I see everyone in snapchat having fun with each other and I am just here like.

Never been invited to a party,rarely speak to girls lol,no talents,socially awkward,socially retarded,no ambitions (i have no passions). No social life but still get below average grades

I try not to give up, I wonder where am I going wrong? Maybe Ill get it right tomorrow

You go the gym?any sports you play? Uni? College? Join societies? All common suggestions but you've not said what you do etc etc

I posted this on another thread. www.meetup.com many people your age meet up go clubbing, cinema and so on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Try get outside your comfort and arrange plans

Currently what am I trying to do :smile:, but failing horribly.
Reply 6
Original post by SMEGGGY
You go the gym?any sports you play? Uni? College? Join societies? All common suggestions but you've not said what you do etc etc

I posted this on another thread. www.meetup.com many people your age meet up go clubbing, cinema and so on

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go gym I have been going nearly.everyday since summer started

I am in 6th form, my 6th form is closed for summer. There are no clubs at all in my.local area for people my age.

I dont want to meet up with random strangers I would love to do stuff with the people I know in my 6th form. Unfortunatly altough I speak to 80-100 people in my 6th form noone seems to give a **** about me
Reply 7
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
It's sad that I can relate to some of the stuff you've mentioned *sigh*

Have you tried finding a hobby to get into? Or maybe get a job? It's a good way of being around more people and possibly making friends.

My hobbys are going to the gym and video games and football.

Gym- i prefer to go gym alone
Video games- i play on PC, dont have a ps4
Football- have no friends to play football with?
Also stuff I would like to go cinema,roam explore, do stuff but I have noone. Despite being talkative
Reply 8
Original post by ByEeek
So what you are saying is that either they find you boring, or you find them boring?

To make good friends, you need to find people you share a common interest with. So join a club or organisation or society. Friendship is a long game so keep cool and let things happen over a long period of time. Making true friends is not like accepting a Facebook friend request.

Good luck!

When I said boring I meant when I tryyo make conversation over social media. In real life I can make people laugh easily, and can talk about just about anything and make it fun. However on social media i fail miserably, a girl evem once ignored me when i said hi. With some people it ends after we say how are you and stuff like that. With others I can advance pastnhow are you but then end up killing convo with a boring topic some how.
I feel like I have failed because over the school year I didnt talk to peoplenoutside of school and I feel that thats the reason why I have noone.

See my other posts i cant join any clubs there are none! No youth clubs nothing
Reply 9
I go gym I have been going nearly.everyday since summer started

I am in 6th form, my 6th form is closed for summer. There are no clubs at all in my.local area for people my age.

I dont want to meet up with random strangers I would love to do stuff with the people I know in my 6th form. Unfortunatly altough I speak to 80-100 people in my 6th form noone seems to give a **** about me

Well unless you posseses them to control them using vodoo, it's unlikely they'll want to suddenly start chatting to you, as they haven't upto now.....you're being selective. Don't want to meet new people yet complain those that you know don't want to do
Anything...

Why do they not include you? Are you antisocial? Do you play games? Sports? Go clubbing? Who do you talk to most in your class? Do you make the effort to arrange anything? You ask for their whatsapp? Snapchat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you possibly change your personality when your with someone else? I understand people are shy and nervous at times when they meet someone new but some people change their personality completely in order to fit in a crowd. In sixth form I would get nervous talking to someone new and be quiet at first but after a few times I hanged out with them I would be the loudest and annoying person they knew and just like that I had a group of friends. Just be yourself (don't be a douche bag) and you will naturally form a group without even knowing it.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Well unless you posseses them to control them using vodoo, it's unlikely they'll want to suddenly start chatting to you, as they haven't upto now.....you're being selective. Don't want to meet new people yet complain those that you know don't want to do
Anything...

Why do they not include you? Are you antisocial? Do you play games? Sports? Go clubbing? Who do you talk to most in your class? Do you make the effort to arrange anything? You ask for their whatsapp? Snapchat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have them on facebook/snapchat. I talk to people in 6th form. But everyone has their own group and its so hard for me to join.

**** KNOWS WHY I DONT GET INCLUDED, i am social, i have hobbys and interests. Im not a weirdo.

I am trying to make an effort and its all just not working

Also stuff I would like to go cinema,roam explore, do stuff but I have noone. Despite being talkative

You can still have fun on your own. Even though I do have friends I spent the last few weeks staying at home and doing stuff I enjoy.

All I can say is try asking people if they want to hang out (even though it isn't easy) and to keep yourself busy by working or doing volunteering which is what I'm doing.

If you have siblings you can ask them to do stuff with you
Original post by Raizelcadres
Do you possibly change your personality when your with someone else? I understand people are shy and nervous at times when they meet someone new but some people change their personality completely in order to fit in a crowd. In sixth form I would get nervous talking to someone new and be quiet at first but after a few times I hanged out with them I would be the loudest and annoying person they knew and just like that I had a group of friends. Just be yourself (don't be a douche bag) and you will naturally form a group without even knowing it.

My conversations in person are the best because I am myself. Noone wants me in their group for some reason its obvious.

I remember I once told people I didnt have their number and they disnt say anything for me to get theirs.

THINKING ABOUT ALL OF THIS MAKES ME DEPRESSED

:console:

You don't need friends. Friends are for the weak. Embrace the inner lone wolf. You won't have any augments/drama or get stabbed in the back.

The people in your class are not worthy of being your friend. Your too good for them and they know it.

Spoiler

I play on PC, too.

It may not necessarily be what you were hoping for as we won't meet in real life, but if you'd like, I'd more than happily join you on some games and we can talk via skype, teamspeak, etc, if that'd help?

It's not going outside, but surely it's better than nothing.
Let me know if you'd be up for it.
Original post by JaredzzC
I play on PC, too.

It may not necessarily be what you were hoping for as we won't meet in real life, but if you'd like, I'd more than happily join you on some games and we can talk via skype, teamspeak, etc, if that'd help?

It's not going outside, but surely it's better than nothing.
Let me know if you'd be up for it.

Its alright man I have friends on steam and the like but the real problem is real life :/
1. Get a few hobbies this summer
2. Make the plans if you wanna be invited
3. Idk
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
You can still have fun on your own. Even though I do have friends I spent the last few weeks staying at home and doing stuff I enjoy.

All I can say is try asking people if they want to hang out (even though it isn't easy) and to keep yourself busy by working or doing volunteering which is what I'm doing.

If you have siblings you can ask them to do stuff with you

Thanks for the advice I am trying to ask people and i wont give up.
I can relate so much :frown:. I just find it really difficult to make good friends. Most of the friends I have regard me as an acquaintance (at least that's how I feel). I try and make an effort with some but I feel like it's one sided. This holiday I've been trying to really find ways of having fun in my own and becoming more comfortable with myself. Some people have told me you can't maintain good relationships if you have a bad relationship with yourself. This holiday I've been going round my city and visiting museums/parks/restaurants/galleries on my own. A couple of times I've even out up the courage to spark up conversations with strangers! I'd really advise it if you're anything like me. For the rest of the summer I'm probably going to try and find a part time job, a job could also be a way to make friends so maybe get a voluntary one in a charity shop or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending