The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZuluK
It's summer :shock:

:lol:

How can you use hot water for showering in this heat? Like how? :colonhash:

Well, firstly I've only had one day of really bad heat where I live.

Secondly, my aversion to cold showers and my love of hot ones are both too great for me to do it any other way out of choice. Besides, I can always go and sit in front of a fan afterward if I feel like it. Have not yet got a cold doing that, alhamdulillah. :yeah:
Original post by h333
:colone: I can't forget and be unfaithful.

:colonhash:

Original post by h333
How is @s_ahmed2 bro banned? :confused: :eek:

I'm surprised he's banned. He never once got into an argument and always stayed away from debates :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
Well, it is summer...
I still use very hot water for showering. :getmecoat:

same, I hate showering with cold water :lol:
Reply 703
Original post by Hydeman
Well, firstly I've only had one day of really bad heat where I live.

Secondly, my aversion to cold showers and my love of hot ones are both too great for me to do it any other way out of choice. Besides, I can always go and sit in front of a fan afterward if I feel like it. Have not yet got a cold doing that, alhamdulillah. :yeah:

Alhumdullilah :colonhash:

Haha my mum would go spare if I did that! I can't even leave the house after I've showered or bathed. Have to wait for at least an hour :colonhash: "might get ill" :lol:

Ahhh fans!!! How much I love them!!! :love:

I think I should move to where you live :tongue:
Original post by ZuluK
Alhumdullilah :colonhash:

Potato, potahto. :emo:

Haha my mum would go spare if I did that! I can't even leave the house after I've showered or bathed. Have to wait for at least an hour :colonhash: "might get ill" :lol:

Haha, bless her. :lol:

I think I should move to where you live :tongue:

For cool weather, Scotland is probably better. :ninja:
Reply 705
Original post by Hydeman
Potato, potahto. :emo:

Haha, bless her. :lol:

For cool weather, Scotland is probably better. :ninja:

:colondollar: I wasn't saying anything about the spelling. :lol: I was commenting on you saying it :rolleyes:

You just want me to move near you. :colonhash: I get the hint. :cry:
Original post by ZuluK
:colondollar: I wasn't saying anything about the spelling. :lol: I was commenting on you saying it :rolleyes:

Why can't I say it? :hmmm:

You just want me to move near you. :colonhash: I get the hint. :cry:

Be happy. :console:
any ahmedis round here?
Original post by muhabba
Raah, i still keep getting banned, guys

i don't think i'll be coming on tsr much, if at all anymore

Assalamu 'alaikum

brother Q

The thuglyfe has caught up with you. :ninja:

It's oright bro. Making a new account is like logging in. Come on now and then :smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 709
Original post by Leukocyte
Is it just me or is everyone lately using cold water for everything? I haven't used hot water for a week now.

Hope you're doing well guys: )

Salaam sis x

I still use warm water but cold for drinking obvs :tongue:

Alhamdulillah.

Original post by HAnwar
:colonhash:

I'm surprised he's banned. He never once got into an argument and always stayed away from debates :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

EXACTLY!!!!
Original post by IdeasForLife
It is a dictatorship. Sultan Zamestaneh is our supreme leader.

Aye! I'll drink to that.

Spoiler

Original post by Tawheed
[video="youtube;Us9r7fd5Gc8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us9r7fd5Gc8[/video]

lol, ouch. My brain hurts.
Original post by mercuryman
Aye! I'll drink to that.

Spoiler

:pepsi:
Original post by hukdealz
any ahmedis round here?

They are more than welcome here in principal , but there will always be the users who wish to abuse them.

To those who inshAllah will one day have kids, learn to teach your children to separate hatred or dislike for a belief system, with hatred for an individual who just happens to be born into a family and so follows that belief system (and you may have found yourself in the same shoes). You don't know how much information someone has, the stage in their life they are in and a plethora of factors.

And if you do not regard them to be muslims, at least recognise they are human beings. They get hurt, like you get hurt. They feel pain like you feel pain. They didn't decide to be Ahmadi because they are evil people who purposefully want to be ignorant. Like the majority of TSR, (with exceptions) for a large part of their lives, they just followed their parents. We all then, engage in our own paths of self-discovery and some of us do change those beliefs. It is on Allah azwj to guide ultimately.

I am not saying, in the shia madhab theologically ahmadhi's are muslims. I believe there are large sub-groups within the ahmadi group who share variant beliefs, and frankly, i don't know nor do i think it should turn me into an abusive, hateful spiteful individual who drives people out of an all-inclusive society.

I'll be quoted, refuted, but that's okay. I'm not asking anybody to compromise their belief - only to learn a bit of tolerance.

After the abuse i've had, in real life and online, there is no way i'm going to act the same , irrespective of what i believe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Noone is abusing them or bullying them. If you imply other Isocers to be bullies, then you will probably get a reply. And then we'll have to go through a page or two of debate which could've been avoided if you had held your tongue. So please stop over-complicating and over-dramatizing the issue.

Salamunalykum brother,

It's just the over-all way i see ahmadi's treated, online and offline, if you follow me? I've edited my post (it was fine as it was) but i recognise on a forum or post, sometimes, people can get the wrong impression.

And i think there's plenty of evidence of Ahmadi's being mistreated on TSR by other muslims, be they shia or sunni. It's not many or even most of the I-Soc, but there's always the minority who do such things.

There are certain limits in Islam, which if people go beyond, will take them completely out of Islam. Unfortunately this group do just this. That is it summed up.

My point is, even if that's the case, what if you or i were born into an ahmadi family? Many of us only embarked on a path of self discovery and learning, and many people are guided at different times of their lives. The Ahmadi brother/sister in Islam or Humanity (whatever anyone believes) is a human being at the end of the day.

All i'm saying is, i've seen Ahmadi's mistreated, by both shia's and sunni's. I think there needs to be a better approach.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
They are more than welcome here in principal , but there will always be the users who wish to abuse them.

Abusing someone on a personal level is obviously bad and I haven't seen anyone do such a thing.

Refuting someone's aqeedah however is not abuse, especially if it contains kufri beliefs.

You seem to mix the two up though.
x.

Can you bring back your Yu-Gi-Oh DP ? When you had Yugi, i was more receptive to your posts. When you had the hooded guy, i felt frightened somewhat. When you have no display picture brother, it's just weird.
:charm:
Original post by AlifunArnab
Abusing someone on a personal level is obviously bad and I haven't seen anyone do such a thing.

Refuting someone's aqeedah however is not abuse, especially if it contains kufri beliefs.

You seem to mix the two up though.

I am well aware of the distinction between the two. The issue is, i have seen the abuse of someone, because they are ahmadi. In terms of refuting aqeedah, there is a time and a place and a context - no ?

I have refuted many aspects of atheism, but i get along with the users here (despite some brutal clashes). I treat them as human beings at the end of the day, and there's a time and place and context for discussions.

All i'm saying is, an Ahmadi brother was called a nick-name he did not like, felt offended, and left the discussion on TSR. Upon requesting for the user in question to stop using that name, the user did not, and the Ahmadi brother went away.

Now, the user in question was within his rights on that particular thread to debate aqeedah, but using nick-names the other does not like, the manner in which the discussions were had, could have been improved.

I knew i was going to open a can of worms here. But i had to say what needed to be said.

At the end of the day, i love you all for the sake of Allah azwj, and had i met any of you in real life, i would treat you to a coffee. Many of you are perhaps far better human beings than me. My words were not out of an air of superiority, i am in no position to be looking down on anyone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Salamunalykum brother,

It's just the over-all way i see ahmadi's treated, online and offline, if you follow me? I've edited my post (it was fine as it was) but i recognise on a forum or post, sometimes, people can get the wrong impression.

My point is, even if that's the case, what if you or i were born into an ahmadi family? Many of us only embarked on a path of self discovery and learning, and many people are guided at different times of their lives. The Ahmadi brother/sister in Islam or Humanity (whatever anyone believes) is a human being at the end of the day.

All i'm saying is, i've seen Ahmadi's mistreated, by both shia's and sunni's. I think there needs to be a better approach.

Wa'alaykumasalaam

Noone here is objecting to them being humans, we only object their beliefs as like do with many many other religions. Normally people (here) don't attack the individual, rather we reject their beliefs for being incompatible with Islam.

You starting off your point by attacking other Isocers (and implying them to bullies)without naming them was certainly a bad approach so hopefully we can agree on that. Kindly resist the urge to attack fellow Muslims like this in future, if you have personal problems with people - please vm/pm them and sort this out there.

I think that's sorted so (hopefully) there's no need for continuing this any further Tawheed :hat2:
Wa'alaykumasalaam

:u::date:

x

In my post, i made it clear it was only a minority of TSR users/users of this and other threads. I say this because i've seen it with my own eyes.I did not attack the I-Soc, which i love dearly as a whole, but a minority of users , from today, going back a few years (and there have been hundreds of users), as well as users on the forum in general. I made it clear it is not just a forum issue, but also one offline too. A shia and sunni issue.

Look, i'll put my hands up and say, my post did have emotion to it, and online, it is easy to misread words or intentions. But i was careful with my choice of words.

It is sorted now brother, you and i need to get some rest and re-set our sleeping habits. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the jinns bite. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending