The Student Room Group

Miami police shoot caretaker of autistic man playing with toy truck in the street

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Truths
It didn't help reduce crime.

So is it just coincidence that crime rates fell when stop and frisk increased and when stop and frisk decreased crime rates increased?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/exclusive-big-fall-stop-and-frisk-criminals-bolder-article-1.2247406
Reply 61
Original post by joecphillips
So is it just coincidence that crime rates fell when stop and frisk increased and when stop and frisk decreased crime rates increased?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/exclusive-big-fall-stop-and-frisk-criminals-bolder-article-1.2247406

Yup. A coincidence is exactly what it was as when they reduced stop and frisk the year before in 2014, crime went down too.

https://newrepublic.com/article/120461/nypd-stop-and-frisk-drops-79-percent-and-crime-drops-too

:smile:
So, the officer who shoot the caretaker "accidentally" shoot him? "Accidentally". How do you accidentally aim a firearm at a person and pull the trigger while it was obvious the person was unarmed, and holding their hands up?

Its like "accidentally" jabbing someone with a knife through their chest. What is really ironic and sad is how the victim was handcuffed for "protection" while the artistic man was treated so gently. If I was in the victim's place I would be extremely grateful to even walk out of that situation alive.

I would not feel very safe on the streets if there is a police officer who shot an innocent black man with his hands up was patrolling in the neighborhood. He should be arrested and charged, not paid for nearly killing an innocent. I don't understand how anyone could want a man like that having a badge, and an especially a gun.
Reply 64
Original post by SmileyVibe
So, the officer who shoot the caretaker "accidentally" shoot him? "Accidentally". How do you accidentally aim a firearm at a person and pull the trigger while it was obvious the person was unarmed, and holding their hands up?

Its like "accidentally" jabbing someone with a knife through their chest. What is really ironic and sad is how the victim was handcuffed for "protection" while the artistic man was treated so gently. If I was in the victim's place I would be extremely grateful to even walk out of that situation alive.

I would not feel very safe on the streets if there is a police officer who shot an innocent black man with his hands up was patrolling in the neighborhood. He should be arrested and charged, not paid for nearly killing an innocent. I don't understand how anyone could want a man like that having a badge, and an especially a gun.

Accidentally as in he was aiming elsewhere and missed it is not he accidentally pulled the trigger.
I really didn't want to say anything but some of the things people are saying is ludicrous. How can anyone defend him?? He accidentally shot 3 times and accidentally handcufffed him and left him to bleed
.Yeah right. He asked the police officer why he shot him and he said "I don't know".
I thought the police would try a little harder considering all the negative attention.
Reply 66
Original post by Mariochan
I really didn't want to say anything but some of the things people are saying is ludicrous. How can anyone defend him?? He accidentally shot 3 times and accidentally handcufffed him and left him to bleed
.Yeah right. He asked the police officer why he shot him and he said "I don't know".
I thought the police would try a little harder considering all the negative attention.

3 shots is because of how officers are trained to shoot, you don't shoot once then stop then shoot again.
3 shots is because of how officers are trained to shoot, you don't shoot once then stop then shoot again.

Who told you that? I love how that's the only thing you picked out. Please I have no time for keyboard warriors that don't know what they're talking about. If you have something relevant to say then please do, otherwise please let me enjoy my summer.
Original post by The_Opinion
Fortunately mine is not, and I can tell you that Greeks and Egyptians were not living together.

In Canada, Australia and the UK,, races are living harmoniously. It's mainly America which has a race relations problem.
Original post by Trapz99
In Canada, Australia and the UK,, races are living harmoniously. It's mainly America which has a race relations problem.

Mate I couldnt even be bothered to reply to that because that comment was just too stupid sometimes silence is the best answer for a fool 😂
Original post by Trapz99

With a dominant race involved and I am sure that if I looked in to all 3 nations stated I would find huge differences in crime rates etc, There is NO successful multi-raced nation in the world, and there never will be.

Every nation you can come back at me with will either be poor, or not truly mixed (you will probably name a nation that is something like 60% white with the remaining 40% being a mixture of relatively small groups).

Multi-racial societies destroy nations, they never build them.
Original post by Lord Samosa
http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-shows-moments-before-north-miami-police-shot-unarmed-man/

Why? Just why?

And they wonder what the BLM movement is all about. The US police is way too trigger happy. The police are supposed to protect people like this, not shoot them. Disgusting.

Why on earth are the US policemen so far too triggerhappy, compared to the UK police?

You should use means that do not result in harming or killing members of the public - only use guns if there is a severe chance of being shot yourself (by the criminal). Don't go shooting for the sake of shooting.

The sooner that the US police are banned from carrying weapons that are so deadly, the better. :yep:
Original post by spotify95
Why on earth are the US policemen so far too triggerhappy, compared to the UK police?You should use means that do not result in harming or killing members of the public - only use guns if there is a severe chance of being shot yourself (by the criminal). Don't go shooting for the sake of shooting.The sooner that the US police are banned from carrying weapons that are so deadly, the better. :yep:
So you want non-deadly guns? :s-smilie:
Reply 73
Original post by Mariochan
Who told you that? I love how that's the only thing you picked out. Please I have no time for keyboard warriors that don't know what they're talking about. If you have something relevant to say then please do, otherwise please let me enjoy my summer.

Here are two sources which shows this, if you want to discuss a subject I suggest you read up about what you are talking about first.

Now they're taught to 'shoot and assess,' to judge the effect of their shots as they continue to fire, an on-going process. This allows the officer to continually defend himself, but because the brain is trying to do 2 things at once-shoot and assess-a very significant change in the offender's behavior needs to take place in order for the officer to recognize the change of circumstances."A suspect falling to the ground from being shot would be a significant change. But by analyzing the way people fall, we've determined that it takes 2/3 of a second to a full second or more for a person to fall to the ground from a standing position. And that is when they've been hit in a motor center that produces instant loss of muscle tension."While an officer is noticing this change, he is going to continue firing if he is shooting as fast as he can under the stress of trying to save his life. On average, from the time an officer perceives a change in stimulus to the time he is able to process that and actually stop firing, 2 to 3 additional rounds will be expended."Shooting beyond the moment a threat is neutralized is not a willful, malicious action in most cases. It's an involuntary factor of human dynamics.
https://www.pfoa.co.uk/110/shooting-to-wound

'Officers aren't trained to fire a certain amount of bullets, according to Aveni. Court cases over the years have ruled that police can continue shooting until the suspect is no longer a threat to public safety.His research shows that on average, an officer will fire two or more shots after they've received a visual cue that they should stop, based on the time it takes to "apply the brakes" of a neuromuscular response.'
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/12/how_police_are_trained_to_deal.html

I had addressed the handcuffed part earlier.
Accidentally as in he was aiming elsewhere and missed it is not he accidentally pulled the trigger.

Quotation marks. I'm aware.
So you want non-deadly guns? :s-smilie:

The UK police have them. They're called tasers. :wink:

The chances of a Taser killing someone are much lower than the chances of a gun killing someone.
Original post by spotify95
The UK police have them. They're called tasers. :wink:The chances of a Taser killing someone are much lower than the chances of a gun killing someone.
They are not guns, at least by any conventional sense.
Reply 77
With a dominant race involved and I am sure that if I looked in to all 3 nations stated I would find huge differences in crime rates etc, There is NO successful multi-raced nation in the world, and there never will be.

Every nation you can come back at me with will either be poor, or not truly mixed (you will probably name a nation that is something like 60% white with the remaining 40% being a mixture of relatively small groups).

Multi-racial societies destroy nations, they never build them.

You can't say that. The most multiracial nations we know today have a poor colonial history, which is why there is so much conflict.
Perhaps when whites become the increasing minority in America there will be more harmony.
Original post by Truths
You can't say that. The most multiracial nations we know today have a poor colonial history, which is why there is so much conflict.
Perhaps when whites become the increasing minority in America there will be more harmony.

If that is the case the US will become much poorer. The proof is in the facts, Whites and Asians are higher earners than Blacks and Hispanics, as the proportion of the latter increases, the wealth of the US will decrease.
Reply 79
If that is the case the US will become much poorer. The proof is in the facts, Whites and Asians are higher earners than Blacks and Hispanics, as the proportion of the latter increases, the wealth of the US will decrease.

Lmao. Not at all. All that will change is the distribution of wealth. It will be harder for whites to hoard power if there are less of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending