The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
In my post, i made it clear it was only a minority of TSR users/users of this and other threads. I say this because i've seen it with my own eyes.I did not attack the I-Soc, which i love dearly as a whole, but a minority of users , from today, going back a few years (and there have been hundreds of users), as well as users on the forum in general.

Look, i'll put my hands up and say, my post did have emotion to it, and online, it is easy to misread words or intentions. But i was careful with my choice of words.

It is sorted now brother, you and i need to get some rest and re-set our sleeping habits. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the jinns bite. :h:

To me it doesn't matter whether someone accuses the majority or the minority of the Isoc. I get along well with almost everybody so even if you attack the minority, you're almost certainly attacking someone who I like. And so I will defend the honour of the Isoc Muslims against accusations in their absence.

Spoiler

Good good, as you view it to be sorted, this is the end of that conversation.

Goodnight Tawheed. :moon:

Original post by Tawheed
Can you bring back your Yu-Gi-Oh DP ? When you had Yugi, i was more receptive to your posts. When you had the hooded guy, i felt frightened somewhat. When you have no display picture brother, it's just weird.
:charm:

The yugi IdeasForLife got banished to the shadow realm.

He was scary guy tbh, in a galaxy far far away, many people also share your fear. You can read up on him here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan :smile:

I cannot find a suitable replacement yet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
To me it doesn't matter whether someone accuses the majority or the minority of the Isoc. I get along well with almost everybody so even if you attack the minority, you're almost certainly attacking someone who I like. And so I will defend the honour of the Isoc Muslims against accusations in their absence.

Brother,

I was calling out behaviour among a minority over the years - not any one user.There is no doubt, shia's and sunni's who should improve in their manners to ahmadi's.

The yugi IdeasForLife got banished to the shadow realm.

He was scary guy tbh, in a galaxy far far away, many people also share your fear. You can read up on him here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan :smile:

I cannot find a suitable replacement yet.

You were in your prime when you had Yugi. I would be very, very impressive if you chose Yami Yugi, or the adult Yugioh.
Original post by Tawheed
Brother,

I was calling out behaviour among a minority over the years - not any one user.There is no doubt, shia's and sunni's who should improve in their manners to ahmadi's.

You were in your prime when you had Yugi. I would be very, very impressive if you chose Yami Yugi, or the adult Yugioh.

And I was here over the years and probably got along with that minority too. I'm afraid I'm still going to stick up for them against unproven accusations in their absence too.

Na I was at my worse when I was Yugi, a naive immature teen I was. :redface: (May still carry some of the immaturity unfortunately). He looks too nub even when adult, don't think his face started puberty :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)

Na I was at my worse when I was Yugi, a naive immature teen I was. :redface: (May still carry some of the immaturity unfortunately). He looks too nub even when adult, don't think his face started puberty :lol:

Why am i reading your posts in a Yorkshire accent :lol:

In my eyes, if you add this picture to your DP, you will strike fear into the hearts of the unbelievers.

Original post by Tawheed
Why am i reading your posts in a Yorkshire accent :lol:

In my eyes, if you add this picture to your DP, you will strike fear into the hearts of the unbelievers.

Because I may be from Yorkshire? :smug:

Spoiler

They might perm ban me out of fear though. I don't want to become another Saeed (not yet anyway) :hand:
Because I may be from Yorkshire? :smug:

They might perm ban me out of fear though. I don't want to become another Saeed (not yet anyway) :hand:

Manchester.

By the way, i saw you showing us your Grey's Anatomy for Students. Is that what you're studying ? [This was a while ago].

Or was it a book you were reading as a hobby?

I never got round to asking.

Ofcourse, don't answer if this is personal. I feel i may be taking things too quickly.
Original post by Tawheed
Manchester.

By the way, i saw you showing us your Grey's Anatomy for Students. Is that what you're studying ? [This was a while ago].

Or was it a book you were reading as a hobby?

I never got round to asking.

Ofcourse, don't answer if this is personal. I feel i may be taking things too quickly.

Nope. :no:

I was using it to study at the time

Dw, as long as you're not planning to ask for a rishta in the next post, it's all good.
Nope. :no:

I was using it to study at the time

You're doing medicine or biomedicine ?:O

Dw, as long as you're not planning to ask for a rishta in the next post, it's all good.

LOL.

Imagine if you happen to be a distant cousin of mine. I have a lot of sunni family, so its possible.
Reply 728
The thuglyfe has caught up with you. :ninja:

It's oright bro. Making a new account is like logging in. Come on now and then :smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam

yes, my past has caught up with me and is kicking me in my backside :frown:

I may post here and there every now and then. other than that, brother Q is no more
Reply 729
The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah - Marwa Saad
Reply 730
Al Awza'i: Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount enough for him and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

The Dunya is worthless to its Lord, and yet it belongs to Him. So it's not right that you value it so much, and it's not even yours!" (Yahya b. Mu'adh, Hilyat'l-Awliya', 14549)

Imam ash-Shaafi`ee - rahimahullaah - said:

"When it comes to my provisions, I rely upon Allah, my Creator; And I know with certainty that He will no doubt provide for me. Whatever’s in my due, will not pass me by, Even if it were to be in the depths of the sea. Allah the Exalted will bring it forth by His Grace, Even if I were to remain silent over it. So, what... can a soul feel sorrow over, When the Most Merciful has set the provisions of the creation?"
Reply 731
This world (the dunya) is [only taken as] a home by those who will have no real home [in Jannah], and it is the wealth of those who will have no real wealth, and it is gathered and collected for by those who have no real intelligence.

‘Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (r.a)
Reply 732
“The believer in this world is like a stranger: he does not become upset when it puts him down, and he does not compete for it to make him honorable. The people are in a certain state, and he is in another state: the people are relieved of him, and he is exhausted of himself.” - al-Hasan al-Basri
Reply 733
"To all those suffering from sadness or depression, know that it isn’t your fault. It isn’t because you’re weak. It isn’t because you’re just not grateful enough. It isn’t because you’re just not religious enough. It isn’t because you don’t have enough faith. It isn’t because God is angry with you. To all the well-meaning people who tell you this, just smile. And know deep in your heart that the tests of God come in different forms to different people. And know that, by the help of God, every test can become a tool to get closer to Him. And that, verily, with hardship come ease–and like all things of this world–this too shall pass."

- Yasmin Mogahed
Reply 734
Sufyaan Athawri (RA) says:

“In our view, a person does not have an understanding of the religion until he thinks of a hardship as being a blessing, and a comfort and luxury as being a hardship.”
“…When the believing slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him from Heaven angels with white faces like the sun, and they sit around him as far as the eye can see. They bring with them shrouds from Paradise and perfumes from Paradise. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits by his head, and he says, ‘O good soul, come forth to forgiveness from Allah and His pleasure.’ Then it comes out easily like a drop of water from the mouth of a water skin. When he seizes it, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant before they take it and put it in that shroud with that perfume, and there comes from it a fragrance like the finest musk on the face of the earth…”
(Abu Dawood, 4753; Ahmad, 18063, Sahih)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 736
[video="youtube;iyy6YpJ2m9g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyy6YpJ2m9g[/video]
Reply 737

Sahih International:
And We have certainly made the Qur'an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?

So true. Qur'an is very melodious, how it seems to rhyme, etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 738
[video="youtube;yixAE2VGxt0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yixAE2VGxt0[/video]
Original post by muhabba
[video="youtube;yixAE2VGxt0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yixAE2VGxt0[/video]

My cousin went to Taraweh prayers where he led, and apparently his Quran was amazing, mashAllah. He varied his style after every single rakah.

Latest

Trending

Trending