The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philip-flop
Neither, she works for Vision Express. @ALittleLost25 needs to understand that in retail Optometrists more than likely have to work to conversion rates. Optometrists prescribe the glasses/eyecare a patient needs in which a dispensing optician will then sell the requirements to that patient. If the patient decides not to buy anything and goes against the advice of the Optometrist then their conversion rate will be lower! This is what the OP is trying to explain! Optometry has become very unethical due to retail trying to "rinse" the profession!

Also there can be conflict between the Dispensing Opticians and the Optometrists as the dispensing opticians hate being given instructions from the Optoms. And Optoms hate it when dispensing opticians (or shopfloor assistants) try to book in last minute appointments from "walk-ins". This shows just how money orientated the profession can be if you work in a retail setting.

I see, thanks for the info. Does you girlfriend like her job?
Original post by tianshan
I see, thanks for the info. Does you girlfriend like her job?

Sorry @tianshan I have been reported for inappropriate behaviour despite all the trolling coming from a certain someone so I will no longer be posting in this thread after this. I wish you the best of luck if you go ahead and choose optometry as a career. :smile:

Latest