Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i think i got 51 markss on paper 1-reallly crap

i think i got 70 marks on paper 2

what grade would that be

how do the boundaries work?
Reply 21
Original post by theBranicAc
80/80? jheez how did you only get 55 in the first paper?, dont tell me you revised the specimen?
He's taking about the old specification which is 55/100 and 80/100.NOT a new spec.
Reply 22
Original post by ravi1233

what grade would that be

Most likely a B.
Reply 23
80/80? jheez how did you only get 55 in the first paper?, dont tell me you revised the specimen?

more like a level 9

This is Edexcel GCSE maths
Reply 24
Original post by ravi1233

what grade would that be

Maybe grade A
Easy to panic in exams. What I did to stay focused was I waited till the exam was over and then ran around playing football with some of my mates. Exercise helps to release stress. Try it.
hmm seems legit :dumbells:

Think you're talking about a different exam board. This is Edexcel, and this was the last year where there was two papers out of 100. Now, it's 3 papers out of 80 each, from 2017 (first assessment).
Original post by miraclemuokebe
I feel like I could have done so much better on the non calculator paper but I just panicked and lost easy marks. I really pray that I get an A because I worked really really hard. Hopefully we will both get an A.

I'm fine with a B tbh, I did work hard but considering I was on a D at the start of the year I'll be fine with a B lol! :biggrin: I really hope you get your A though, seems like you've worked hard for this... fingers crossed.
Original post by romansholiday
I'm fine with a B tbh, I did work hard but considering I was on a D at the start of the year I'll be fine with a B lol! :biggrin: I really hope you get your A though, seems like you've worked hard for this... fingers crossed.

the grade boundary for an A last year was 125 do you reckon we will see a rise of more than 5 marks from last year ?
Original post by Waveyalex
the grade boundary for an A last year was 125 do you reckon we will see a rise of more than 5 marks from last year ?

You know I'm really not sure. I did the 2015 back in December so I can't even remember what it was like (I know it was very hard though lol). The 2016 is also such a blur to me now... It will DEFO rise but I'm really not sure by how much, some say by a lot but I thought this year was quite hard too! I'd say between 130 -135 possibly more, but we'll know for sure the day before results day! :frown:
Original post by miraclemuokebe
If I got 55 marks in paper 1 and 80 marks in paper 2, What grade would that be?

How do you revise for maths? And I assume you're in a grammar school right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 80 on Paper 1, and 88 on Paper 2 - what grade would that be?
Original post by TheAnon121
I got 80 on Paper 1, and 88 on Paper 2 - what grade would that be?

A*, no doubt.
Original post by _gcx
A*, no doubt.

Great, thanks! I heard somewhere that the grade boundaries for maths will be super high for A* though (as they were relatively easy papers, especially paper 2) around the 170 mark so I'm worried about that. Do you think I would just scrape the A* boundary at 168?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great, thanks! I heard somewhere that the grade boundaries for maths will be super high for A* though (as they were relatively easy papers, especially paper 2) around the 170 mark so I'm worried about that. Do you think I would just scrape the A* boundary at 168?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it will almost certainly be an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

The boundaries have never, from what I have seen, been above 82%, so I am definite that you've secured an A* :wink:
Original post by _gcx
The boundaries have never, from what I have seen, been above 82%, so I am definite that you've secured an A* :wink:

Thats reassuring, thanks, but in June 2012 it was like 175 for an A* lol. How did you find the papers this year?
Reply 37
Does anyone have any predictions for how many marks a B grade will eqaute to? Do you think it could still be 95 marks to achieve a b grades, as it was last year?
Reply 38
Does anyone have any predictions for how many marks a B grade may be? Do you think it it could still be 95 marks to achieve a b grades, as it was last year?
Reply 39
Yh I need my A man, the first paper I panicked so badly I messed up the tree diagram...:angry: I mean who messes up tree diagrams???

Quick Reply

Latest