The Student Room Group

Refugee intake and muslim immigration will finally stop after Brexit

People don't realise that the main reason we have been taking in so many muslims from immigration and refugee intake was due to out membership in the EU. Now that we have left, that will almost completely stop, and we will finally have a functioning immigration system. I just hope the rest of Europe follow in our footsteps, especially France and Germany.

Update: Hungary votes to not take refugees in despite EU's orders. Great! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3684113/How-DARE-Brussels-tell-migrants-live-country-Hungary-vote-no-Brexit-inspired-referendum-EU-demands-1-294-refugees-pay-300million-fine-instead.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Removed duplicate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saylo66
People don't realise that the main reason we have been taking in so many muslims from immigration and refugee intake was due to out membership in the EU. Now that we have left, that will almost completely stop, and we will finally have a functioning immigration system. I just hope the rest of Europe follow in our footsteps, especially France and Germany.

No it wasnt and no it isnt. You appear to be clueless about our internatikional obligations concerning refugees, which is completely separate from the EU.

No it wont stop.

If you disagree feel free to explain further.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
No it wasnt and no it isnt. You appear to be clueless about our internatikional obligations concerning refugees, which is completely separate from the EU.

No it wont stop.

If you disagree feel free to explain further.

Brussels are telling us how many migrants / refugees to take due to part of our membership of the EU: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3684113/How-DARE-Brussels-tell-migrants-live-country-Hungary-vote-no-Brexit-inspired-referendum-EU-demands-1-294-refugees-pay-300million-fine-instead.html

Once we leave, we no longer have to follow their orders. We will cease to stop taking in refugees, which is clearly what Brits want. What can't you understand?
Original post by Saylo66
Brussels are telling us how many migrants / refugees to take due to part of our membership of the EU: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3684113/How-DARE-Brussels-tell-migrants-live-country-Hungary-vote-no-Brexit-inspired-referendum-EU-demands-1-294-refugees-pay-300million-fine-instead.html

Once we leave, we no longer have to follow their orders. We will cease to stop taking in refugees, which is clearly what Brits want. What can't you understand?

You should read more than the Daily Mail.
You obviously dont understand that the quota system does not affect the UK.
You dont understand things to do with asylum and refugees are nothing to do with our membership of the EU, but other international obligations, mainly the 1951 Convention on Refugees.

So yes you are wrong.
Reply 5
Rofl, pray tell how many refugees did the UK take?
Reply 6
Are Christian immigrants ok by you?
This doesn't make me want to leave the EU any more than I did before, given that I'm very pro-immigration and refugee intake (for the most part).

Quick Reply