The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peppercrunch
Good luck. What universities are they? A*AB seems like a weird offer tbh.

been really busy the past few days so never saw this till today :tongue:

Nottingham, and then Manchester is asking for A*AB cause those are me predicted grades so I guess they just used that for the offer and yh it is dodgy ! Ahh
was looking through clearing spaces today on UCAS search and I feel quite relieved! There are loads of spaces in really good unis. I just really want to get into my firm though :frown:
Original post by fefssdf
Nottingham, and then Manchester is asking for A*AB cause those are me predicted grades so I guess they just used that for the offer and yh it is dodgy ! Ahh

Hey, which course have you applied for?
Original post by somevirtualguy
Seriously dreading results day, firm is A*AA and insurance is AAA, but I'm sure I'm borderline in Physics between A/B. Terrified is an understatement :frown:

I am in the exact same position- my offers are the same as yours! I feel like I should have chosen a much better fallback. But I'm sure you did better than you think! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Out of interest which unis were they? Mine are Durham and Warwick.
Original post by Zazzzy57
Hey, which course have you applied for?

Maths !!
Original post by antigone-
was looking through clearing spaces today on UCAS search and I feel quite relieved! There are loads of spaces in really good unis. I just really want to get into my firm though :frown:

Yh it's true how a lot of Russel groups are on there but my school isn't letting me get my grades till 9:30 so I don't want to be worrying all morning and having to ring them up and I haven't quite decided which ones I'll be ringing up either argh ; stressful times :biggrin: !
As we get closer and closer I just feel like I've done worse :frown:
University of Birmingham and Bristol :smile: Yeah in hindsight I really wish I'd left a bit more of a gap between my two offers! And thanks hopefully I have done better than I think I don't know how I'd deal with missing my offer!!

Edit: oops the quote didn't work @chloeabeki

And neither did that, I'm useless 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1068
Original post by fefssdf
Yh it's true how a lot of Russel groups are on there but my school isn't letting me get my grades till 9:30 so I don't want to be worrying all morning and having to ring them up and I haven't quite decided which ones I'll be ringing up either argh ; stressful times :biggrin: !

I don't think you can ring up until later? Something like 6PM...
Original post by somevirtualguy
University of Birmingham and Bristol :smile: Yeah in hindsight I really wish I'd left a bit more of a gap between my two offers! And thanks hopefully I have done better than I think I don't know how I'd deal with missing my offer!!

Edit: oops the quote didn't work @chloeabeki

And neither did that, I'm useless 😂

@chloeabeki :smile:
Original post by jamestg

Don't worry pepe, the memes will keep us alive.
Original post by jamestg

You probably have
Done so **** in my exams, may not just go to university, hard work is wasted and always happens to me even in GCSEs
Original post by Sacred Ground
You probably have

Well at least no one is getting my hopes up
Original post by jamestg

yh man I'm preparing for clearing -__-
Original post by fefssdf

Feel like ibe messed up my further maths:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1075
Original post by fefssdf

I'm sure you've done great :h:
Original post by jamestg
Well at least no one is getting my hopes up

No offence but didn't you underperform at GCSE if I recall correctly? Just makes me wonder if your predictions are too generous. I'm not intending to insult you btw, just telling you to not get your hopes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
No offence but didn't you underperform at GCSE if I recall correctly? Just makes me wonder if your predictions are too generous. I'm not intending to insult you btw, just telling you to not get your hopes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did and that's because I didn't put the work in. This year, I really did put the work in. Hence why I got a place on the Cambridge residential whereas those few people with mostly A*s at my school did not.

Was very complacent last year, but this year I knew I hadn't secured the grades until I actually took the exam. Obvious I know, however post (very good) GCSE mocks I thought I had secured all A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Harsh.... Shouldn't make such presumptions about a guy you don't know
Just want this to be over now.
It is annoying waiting lol :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest