The Student Room Group

At least 64 killed in Kabul - Islamic State claims responsibility

A peaceful demonstration by the largely Shia, Hazara ethnic minority was targeted, it's pure evil.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/23/asia/afghanistan-explosion/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know, it is terrible. :frown:
and no one in the western world would care or will bat an eyelid.:facepalm:
Daesh are pus oozing from Shaitan's buboes
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
I know, it is terrible. :frown:

Original post by PrincessBO$$

There have been huge numbers of deaths from terrorism, in the tens of thousands and this is in addition to those from the wars. It only seems to matter when it affects certain countries and whilst I understand that Europeans will naturally care for European news, the situation will only improve when we stand with the people of all nations rather than a select few.
Reply 5
Original post by Atlas Thugged
There have been huge numbers of deaths from terrorism, in the tens of thousands and this is in addition to those from the wars. It only seems to matter when it affects certain countries and whilst I understand that Europeans will naturally care for European news, the situation will only improve when we stand with the people of all nations rather than a select few.

Wise words.
sad times :sad:
This is going to be completely ignored by the media like the Baghdad bombings which happened not even 3 weeks ago :frown:
Original post by PrincessBO$$

She says on a thread full of mainly westerners where the original poster is probably western with a Link posted to a western news outlet.
This breaks my heart :frown:
RIP :frown:
Original post by george_c00per
This is going to be completely ignored by the media like the Baghdad bombings which happened not even 3 weeks ago :frown:

NYT - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/world/asia/kabul-afghanistan-explosions-hazaras-protest.html?_r=0 USA

ABC- http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-24/kabul-attack-islamic-state-claims-suicide-bombing/7655470 AUSTRALIA

Jamaica Observer LOL- http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/64-dead-as-IS-claims-twin-blasts-during-Kabul-protest JAMAICA!?

BBC- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36874570 UK

"IGNORED"

George, you are on the actual internet.. it takes 1-2 minutes to find all these links and others. How do you get it so wrong??
(edited 7 years ago)

This is the solution, we stand together and we unite against terrorism, regardless of the cause. We have no idea how many potential attacks have been discovered by the police in the UK (and other European countries) which may have been devastating, they really don't get enough credit for that.

They were surprisingly well covered for terrorist attacks in the Middle East, ones recently in Mali and Yemen had death tolls of greater than 10 and got next to no coverage.

They'd have been front page news had they occurred in Europe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Craig1998
This is the solution, we stand together and we unite against terrorism, regardless of the cause. We have no idea how many potential attacks have been discovered by the police in the UK (and other European countries) which may have been devastating, they really don't get enough credit for that.

It's like herd immunity, the best way to ensure the safety of each nation is to tackle the issue globally, but we only began to tackle the issue after they began hitting us. Since September 11 over 28,000 people have been killed in terror attacks, but of them the vast majority were Muslim, we can't wait until it comes to Europe before it's recognised.

Wow ! 4 news articles!

I bet you anything if I asked my grandparents who have no internet access about this they would have no clue whatsoever that it even happened.
If they were only covered in niche-interest parts of media outlets when they would have been front page news had they occurred somewhere else, they have been ignored.

Oh i seeee.. you want it to be front page because it would be front page if it occurred in Europe? Do you think perhaps people of these countries like to know whats going on IN THERE OWN COUNTRY that directly effects them before news from across the globe?

Do you think Iraqinews main headline is what Theresa May said to Jeremy corbyn over whatever their own politicians said to one another? Its almost like the media in general prioritises news on incidents that effect their consumers first
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Craig1998
They were surprisingly well covered for terrorist attacks in the Middle East, ones recently in Mali and Yemen had death tolls of greater than 10 and got next to no coverage.

True, I didn't even know that terrorist attacks had occurred recently in Mali and Yemen. It's so sad :frown:
It's like herd immunity, the best way to ensure the safety of each nation is to tackle the issue globally, but we only began to tackle the issue after they began hitting us. Since September 11 over 28,000 people have been killed in terror attacks, but of them the vast majority were Muslim, we can't wait until it comes to Europe before it's recognised.

So you want the west to get involved in other countries affairs.. I wonder how many times you and people of your ilk have blamed Islamic terrorism on the west for getting involved in the middle east...
Wow ! 4 news articles!

I bet you anything if I asked my grandparents who have no internet access about this they would have no clue whatsoever that it even happened.

4 news articles in 1 minute... i could find you many more from media outlets but I am not your servant little boy. I am busy with other tasks

Admit your brain is made of jelly and you have been proven objectively wrong

Right so now its the medias fault your grandparents dont consume their news... lmfao
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending