The Student Room Group

At least 64 killed in Kabul - Islamic State claims responsibility

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Oh i seeee.. you want it to be front page because it would be front page if it occurred in Europe? Do you think perhaps people of these countries like to know whats going on IN THERE OWN COUNTRY that directly effects them before news from across the globe?

What happens in Europe is connected with what is happening in Afghanistan or in Syria, these aren't just a series of random events you mindlessly watch to pass the time.

Do you think Iraqinews main headline is what Theresa May said to Jeremy corbyn over whatever their own politicians said to one another?

The comparison with terrorism is asinine, political squabbles are incomparable with loss of life. It's beyond the scope of this thread but I believe that day to day party politics is largely irrelevant compared with the cultural struggles driving it.
(edited 7 years ago)
RIP
4 news articles in 1 minute... i could find you many more from media outlets but I am not your servant little boy. I am busy with other tasks

Admit your brain is made of jelly and you have been proven objectively wrong

Right so now its the medias fault your grandparents dont consume their news... lmfao

ffs can't believe i fed the troll lmao
Absolutely bloody terrible.

Edit: Also, would do a whole lot of good if we could just mourn the death of innocent people without turning it into politics-inspired arguments regarding western media. :indiff:
Original post by Atlas Thugged
What happens in Europe is connected with what is happening in Afghanistan or in Syria, these aren't just a series of random events you mindlessly watch to pass the time.

How does the German attack yesterday effect Iraqs population more so than say whats going on in Turkey or the daily suicide bombings there?

The comparison with terrorism is asinine, political squabbles are incomparable with loss of life. It's beyond the scope of this thread but I believe that day to day party politics is largely irrelevant compared with the cultural struggles driving it.

It was an example of which i directly compared to Iraqi politican squabbles.. not people dying. You dont seem to be able to comprehend that what goes on in the country of said news source is generally more important and newsworthy to the people of said country than what goes on elsewhere.

So...

Lets say an oil tanker in America crashes and 12 people die whilst simultaneously and oil tanker crashes on the M1 and 10 people die... which incident will UK people and UK news sources report on more and can you think why this may be?
(edited 7 years ago)
It's on the top BBC news page I fail to see how it has been ignored?
Doesn't this happen there like every day?
Original post by 1010marina

People are not out on the streets by the hundreds of thousands throwing themselves in front of cars out of sheer grief therefore the west and its people dont care about this attack is basically what these guys think. Oh and one guys grandparents doesnt have the internet therefore its the medias fault for not caring about the iraqis plight or something

Moonbats
(edited 7 years ago)
How does the German attack yesterday effect Iraqs population more so than say whats going on in Turkey or the daily suicide bombings there?

All of these occurrences are interlinked.

It was an example of which i directly compared to Iraqi politican squabbles.. not people dying. You dont seem to be able to comprehend that what goes on in the country of said news source is generally more important and newsworthy to the people of said country than what goes on elsewhere.

This is totally hypocritical given that British people were concerned about the attacks in France and Germany, even though it didn't affect them personally.

Lets say an oil tanker in America crashes and 12 people die whilst simultaneously and oil tanker crashes on the M1 and 10 people die... which incident will UK people and UK news sources report on more and can you think why this may be?

Oil tankers are not political ideologies.
Original post by iEthan

Edit: Also, would do a whole lot of good if we could just mourn the death of innocent people without turning it into politics-inspired arguments regarding western media. :indiff:

The people living in those conditions have no need for our tears, they don't want hashtags or flag filters they want the killing to stop. Arguing online doesn't do anything in of itself, but if enough small people care the momentum will force action to be taken. This is why these things can't be ignored.

Before the terror attacks in France nobody in the West cared about those people dying in the middle east, after those attacks it was the first time people in Europe even began realise the severity of the situation. That's not a good thing, just waiting for people to die close to you before you want anything done.
All of these occurrences are interlinked.

This is totally hypocritical given that British people were concerned about the attacks in France and Germany, even though it didn't affect them personally.

Oil tankers are not political ideologies.

So if all these occurences are interlinked..which one should be the TOP headline!? And not a few inches lower?

Do you not understand why a mass shooting or terror attack in France or Germany is so relevant to the UK? You understand our exchange of peoples freely... our political ties... our long history and common values...Our similiar politcal unity and goals..many problems faced by one country are faced by the others because of our similarities.

So what exactly is your issue?
So if all these occurences are interlinked..which one should be the TOP headline!? And not a few inches lower?

Don't undermine the discussion with this nonsense.

Do you not understand why a mass shooting or terror attack in France or Germany is so relevant to the UK? You understand our exchange of peoples freely... our political ties... our long history and common values...Our similiar politcal unity and goals..many problems faced by one country are faced by the others because of our similarities.

The UK has exchange of peoples with Middle Eastern/South Asian countries, histories of invasions, wars and so forth. Deobandism, the very sect of Islam followed by the Taliban would not exist if it were not for British colonial actions the same could be said of Islamic State and the appalling way the West managed Iraq after the fall of Saddam. I'm not saying Brits should apologise, I hate all that liberal crap and I don't think it's worth anything to Muslims, but to not take action when they're dying or pretend we can live in a vacuum and then get shocked every time Europe is hit is unforgivable.

So what exactly is your issue?

The fact terrorism in Syria or Afghanistan is directly related to terrorism in Europe unlike oil tankers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Trapz99
Doesn't this happen there like every day?

What is this supposed to mean exactly, even if it does?
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't undermine the discussion with this nonsense.

I am being sincere... its is on the front page of skynews and bbc news... what more do you want other than it being THE main headline??

The UK has exchange of peoples with Middle Eastern/South Asian countries, histories of invasions, wars and so forth. Deobandism, the very sect of Islam followed by the Taliban would not exist if it were not for British colonial actions the same could be said of Islamic State and appalling way the West managed Iraq after the fall of Saddam. I'm not saying Brits should apologise, I hate all that liberal crap and I don't think it's worth anything to Muslims, but to not take action when they're dying or pretend we can live in a vacuum and then get shocked every time Europe is hit is unforgivable.

Yes we have exchange and links and wars if you go back far enough (As we do with every single part of the world) - Can you not see the problem in the rest of your paragraph? You are calling for us to take action whilst saying our past interventions have directly led to fueling these issues. It also seems to be going of on a tangent, i dont necessarily disagree with most of this paragraph but what does it have to do with assertions western media dont give a shiite?(excuse the pun)

The fact terrorism in Syria or Afghanistan is directly related to terrorism in Europe unlike oil tankers.

So any and every terrorist incident should be given the same priority regardless of geography? Its not even possible... the news would literally just be stories of terror attacks from across the mid east, africa and asia. I can tell you confidently that if the west turns into a warzone and becomes as desensitised and accustomed to attacks like the aforementioned countries, they too will become less newsworthy
(edited 7 years ago)
I had a lot of family there at the protest. Luckily they're all safe.
Original post by iEthan

Respect you a lot.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
and no one in the western world would care or will bat an eyelid.:facepalm:

Corbyn and cronies will make some commotion out of it, no big deal nothing to see here
Original post by george_c00per
This is going to be completely ignored by the media like the Baghdad bombings which happened not even 3 weeks ago :frown:

So is that why a 2 second Google search shows it's being covered by every single mainstream news agency going? Idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending