The Student Room Group

need a job for 6 weeks, no experience :s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amingo26
How do you cope!? Even being in there shopping for 30 minutes is my idea of a nightmare. I applaud you :clap2:

But yeah, I suppose. I'm still secretly kind of glad nobody ever got back to me.

We have fans behind the tills and in the back room where i mostly work =P Pick a till near the fan and it's all good =)
I'm trying to find one and still no luck!!!!
Original post by particlestudent
I'm trying to find one and still no luck!!!!

Try a temping agency!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Cafes, pubs, fast food places and warehouses. Most are always looking for people. Fast food places and warehouses are easiest to get the jobs at and you can easily quit after 6 weeks. Most people will get a job at a warehouse by just going in and asking for one.
Original post by Edminzodo
Try a temping agency!

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you have a link for one in london
Try a temping agency!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do, do they interview you first? (the agency)
Will do, do they interview you first? (the agency)

The one that 'interviewed' me was more of a chat, to be honest, to look availability and existing skills but I think it varies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devify
Cafes, pubs, fast food places and warehouses. Most are always looking for people. Fast food places and warehouses are easiest to get the jobs at and you can easily quit after 6 weeks. Most people will get a job at a warehouse by just going in and asking for one.

Just random warehouses? What kind of work would a warehouse job entail?
Reply 28
Original post by AhsokaTano
Just random warehouses? What kind of work would a warehouse job entail?

Most common ones are warehouse operative or picker, packer. Mostly includes sorting incoming stuff or packing orders. it's manual work for little pay but they usually hire anyone. Means it's likely most other people will barely speak English but it's not too bad for a few weeks.
If you look for warehouse operative jobs near you on Google, you'll see which warehouses you can try. I recommend going in and asking for a job rather than applying online, it usually works better
The one that 'interviewed' me was more of a chat, to be honest, to look availability and existing skills but I think it varies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did it find you a job straight away? I'm looking into warehouse jobs too
Original post by Devify

This isn't exactly true as McDonald's didn't want to take me on for 10 or so weeks as I was going to university, as it takes three weeks to train someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually didn't pursue it because I managed to secure two other jobs, but it can find people jobs straight away, yes, and they generally pay fairly well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually didn't pursue it because I managed to secure two other jobs, but it can find people jobs straight away, yes, and they generally pay fairly well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay will do this as soon as possible then!
Reply 33
Original post by kelefi
Hey all,

I need a job over the next 6 weeks but i've got no clue how to go about finding vacancies and applying (especially when I have no experience). So my question is how do I go about getting a job?

(up until now I used to tutor to earn money, but having just finished A2 i'd rather steer clear of education for a few weeks)

thanks!

Hey! Don't worry!
Here is a new way out! I am interning at TalentRocket this summer. We hand pick great companies, and give job seekers the chance to look at the culture of the companies they are thinking about applying to. You can even follow a company to get an email when they have new jobs :smile:
You can also start a conversation with companies on our platform, which could lead to the best job you could ever ask for! You can sign up with one click on LinkedIn, and it’s completely FREE! https://talentrocket.co.uk/talent/user/join/candidate
Feel free to contact me for more details.

When I got my first temp job at my local agency, I emailed them to see if they had any temp jobs. To my surprise, I received a call back an hour later and to get me registered. Got my first 'assignment' day after registration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending