The Student Room Group

Phil Hammond going to China for trade talks,

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
They've been trying for 40 years.

Still behind.

There will come a day when America pisses off the rest of the world so much that it will get overrun.

You support a tyrannical white supremacist regime.

Only 40 years. America took a long time to get to world dominance. It's not an arms race, its an arms marathon.
Original post by Rakas21
The Chinese certainly have a larger military (and growing) however the actual technology itself is not outstanding and one on one there are several nations who could sink or destroy their Chinese counterparts (this may explain why China has not yet challenged the US in its global roles, instead it angers its local inferior rivals and cements its position).

Unfortunately for the UK we don't really spend on the military and have grown to outsource too much (the F-35 for example) however what we do build domestically (primarily the navy) is utterly world class. The type 45 destroyers and Astute Class subs for example could reasonably expect to defeat almost anybody one on one.

Personally though i think people fear China's rise too much. Russia is the agressor, China should be brought into the fold. .

The US would invade both if that had domestic support. Hence all of the media propaganda against them, and who would pay the human cost? The man on the street. I believe that China is primarily defensive in stance while the US tries to contain it and attack its sovereignty.

Personally I would rather see a Russian and Chinese dominated world, shut those Ameri***** up.
Original post by James.Carnell
There will come a day when America pisses off the rest of the world so much that it will get overrun.

You support a tyrannical white supremacist regime.

Only 40 years. America took a long time to get to world dominance. It's not an arms race, its an arms marathon.

Your evidently highly educated take on geopolitics notwithstanding... Your take is somewhat flawed and rather typical of the "Grr, I just don't like the US, they're big and bad for reasons I can't quite explain but I just know it and anybody who disagrees with me is clearly wrong" mindset. Call it youthful ignorance.

Overrun? Laughable.
Original post by Drewski
Your evidently highly educated take on geopolitics notwithstanding... Your take is somewhat flawed and rather typical of the "Grr, I just don't like the US, they're big and bad for reasons I can't quite explain but I just know it and anybody who disagrees with me is clearly wrong" mindset. Call it youthful ignorance.

Overrun? Laughable.

All empires fall. The British would have laughed at the notion of declining relative to its heyday.

I hate the US because of its white supremacist and imperialist nature. I hate their subjugation of blacks and aggression towards Muslims.

The only reason the western world does not view them as the great evil empire they are is because the western world has a colonial legacy. For example, even Leopold of Belgium had a large precedent of brutalizing Africans. Those nice buildings you see in Brussels are a legacy of that exploitation.

Also, in regards to the terrorism problem, they dragged us into this goddamn mess.
(edited 7 years ago)
The US would invade both if that had domestic support. Hence all of the media propaganda against them, and who would pay the human cost? The man on the street. I believe that China is primarily defensive in stance while the US tries to contain it and attack its sovereignty.

Personally I would rather see a Russian and Chinese dominated world, shut those Ameri***** up.

Except they wouldn't as it would be a bloodbath and the ensuing nuclear war would end civilisation as we know it(and possibly lead to the extinction of the human race).

All empires fall. The British would have laughed at the notion of declining relative to its heyday.
The USA isn't an empire.
(edited 7 years ago)
So, aside from giving you a little chance to rant and vent about the people you think are the playground bully, what's the point of this thread?

You think we should be cosying up militarily with China, is that it? A country which is as we speak breaking international law and seizing the territorial waters of neighbouring countries?
Or should we be cosying up to Russia, a country doing exactly the same but with land...?
Original post by JamesN88
Except they wouldn't as it would be a bloodbath and the ensuing nuclear war would end civilisation as we know it(and possibly lead to the extinction of the human race).

The USA isn't an empire.

The US is an empire.

Yes, they are dumb enough to invade Russia and China.
Original post by Drewski
So, aside from giving you a little chance to rant and vent about the people you think are the playground bully, what's the point of this thread?

You think we should be cosying up militarily with China, is that it? A country which is as we speak breaking international law and seizing the territorial waters of neighbouring countries?
Or should we be cosying up to Russia, a country doing exactly the same but with land...?

The USA is not better than China in regards of being a ****. Where are the WMD's hey? Still don't know where they are...

Blair sacrificed thousands of British lives and for what? It does not seem to have done much good.

I think we should stand with our own, and that Europe must distance itself from the idiocy of American foreign policy.
The US is an empire.

Not in the same way other empires were.

No, they're not. Just saying otherwise doesn't make it true, you know that, right? They're well aware they don't have the manpower, money, arms, equipment or need to do something as idiotic as that. And are well aware that both countries have nuclear weapons, making any such endeavour stupid.

The USA is not better than China in regards of being a ****. Where are the WMD's hey? Still don't know where they are...

Blair sacrificed thousands of British lives and for what? It does not seem to have done much good.

I think we should stand with our own, and that Europe must distance itself from the idiocy of American foreign policy.

And now what are you going on about? You keep flitting around all over the place, your arguments and rants are hard to keep track of.

I'm guessing you've not heard much about the numerous human rights abuses that have happened, do happen and will continue to happen within China, the illegal trade practises, the violation of UN conventions on freedom of the seas...

Thousands? Your maths is out.

Your ranting is pointless. You need to step back and grow up.

Again, I ask you what the point of this thread is. Are you advocating isolationism, or merely pairing up with the 'next' bullies?
The US is an empire.

No it's a nation, a very big one.

What are you basing this on?
The USA is an empire for gods sake, in everything but name they are a large festering tyrannical empire. **** them to hell.
The USA is an empire for gods sake, in everything but name they are a large festering tyrannical empire. **** them to hell.

Ah, I do love a logical, fact-based, reasonable argument presented with stats, evidence and thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending