The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
26 days?!

Okay I know I've been saying it's going slowly but I definitely remember it being 84 and 60 so where on earth has the time gone?

There was a time I thought I'd break down before the countdown went into the twenties.

So nervous alfjbfjqbflovqfbvq

Also where's the big TSR countdown box thingy like there was last year? :biggrin:

I know it's crazy like now it's less than 4 weeks and it's nearly August . I want it to hurry up but then I really don't and Yh I feel like past years got more hyped about results day but this thread is rather quiet ( maybe I'm just forgetting that most people are out enjoying their summer and not on tsr ...) hmm hope you meet your offers ?

What are you hoping to study and where ? :smile:
Original post by Aph
That second one is rather weird :lol: well good luck :h:

I know right hahaah
Reply 1102
Original post by fefssdf
I know right hahaah

Where are they from then?
Original post by fefssdf
I know it's crazy like now it's less than 4 weeks and it's nearly August . I want it to hurry up but then I really don't and Yh I feel like past years got more hyped about results day but this thread is rather quiet ( maybe I'm just forgetting that most people are out enjoying their summer and not on tsr ...) hmm hope you meet your offers ?

What are you hoping to study and where ? :smile:

I cannot relax at all (damn anxiety) so I just want Results Day to be over with already. I've literally spent all summer worrying and playing Sims and watching Netflix. :colondollar: My mum also seems pretty convinced that I'm not going to get in and is telling me to look at other universities...

My firm is Cardiff for Journalism, Media & Sociology but I'm 80% sure I've missed it :/ what about you? :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
The amount of people I know with A* GCSE's who aren't gonna get straight A's is rather shocking ; hope I'm not one of them as well !

I'm sure you won't be :wink:
Also where's the big TSR countdown box thingy like there was last year? :biggrin:

I can ask for it to be put up again if you like? :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
I can ask for it to be put up again if you like? :tongue:

I don't know if that would terrify us or what :') I just remember myself and a couple of others trying to screenshot it when it was 11:11:11 or something like that!

I'm not getting notifications when people quote me :/
Reply 1107

I'm not getting notifications when people quote me :/

Same here.
Original post by Aph
Where are they from then?

Firm Notts, and insurance Manc
Original post by DesignPredator
Just a question, what does his A-Level performance have to do with you?

Did I state it had anything to do with me? If he's posting on an open forum though, I'm entitled to respond

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
Never said you had to care lol:tongue:
So please don't get salty:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yawn

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cannot relax at all (damn anxiety) so I just want Results Day to be over with already. I've literally spent all summer worrying and playing Sims and watching Netflix. :colondollar: My mum also seems pretty convinced that I'm not going to get in and is telling me to look at other universities...

My firm is Cardiff for Journalism, Media & Sociology but I'm 80% sure I've missed it :/ what about you? :smile:

My parents haven't mentioned results day at all and didn't even know when it was... I told them I will take a gap year if I don't get in but they didn't take me too seriously and it seems they've assumed I'll meet my offers so things could get rather awkward come the 18th ... Argh

My firm is Nottingham for maths and I have no idea whether I got the grades cause it all depends on my English Lang grade but that's so subjective that I can't be sure either way :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1112
Original post by fefssdf
Firm Notts, and insurance Manc

Nottingham is a great uni :smile: hope you enjoy it there.
Original post by SH0405
Same here.

Me too, I got it back for like 10 mins this morning and it partially backdated but not working again.
Original post by SH0405
Same here.

Glad I'm not the only one! :/

Original post by fefssdf
My parents haven't mentioned results day at all and didn't even know when it was... I told them I will take a gap year if I don't get in but they didn't take me too seriously and it seems they've assumed I'll meet my offers so things could get rather awkward come the 18th ... Argh

My firm is Nottingham for maths and I have no idea whether I got the grades cause it all depends on my English Lang grade but that's so subjective that I can't be sure either way :/

It's better than making you look at Clearing and now being torn between your firm and a Clearing course :/ Best of luck for getting the grades though!
Glad I'm not the only one! :/

It's better than making you look at Clearing and now being torn between your firm and a Clearing course :/ Best of luck for getting the grades though!

Yh but then at least your parents are thinking ahead ; mine just think I'll sort it out myself some how and everything will be fine but I can see myself just getting in a right state come results and then they'll be all shocked as well and like yh idk I'm so scared . Don't know what to expect
Original post by Aph
Nottingham is a great uni :smile: hope you enjoy it there.

Me too, I got it back for like 10 mins this morning and it partially backdated but not working again.

Haha Yh I know it ticked all my boxes so I'm gonna be gutted if I don't go there ahh
Reply 1116
Original post by fefssdf
Haha Yh I know it ticked all my boxes so I'm gonna be gutted if I don't go there ahh

I almost applied there, I just worked out I'd need to get a job to earn about £3k a year to just get by living there so obviously I decided to go somewhere a bit cheaper but no less beautiful.
Original post by fefssdf
Yh but then at least your parents are thinking ahead ; mine just think I'll sort it out myself some how and everything will be fine but I can see myself just getting in a right state come results and then they'll be all shocked as well and like yh idk I'm so scared . Don't know what to expect

Maybe you could take a look at Clearing yourself? It might help your nerves if you have a backup :smile: Or gap year opportunities? I just want someone to invent a time travel machine hehe :colondollar:
I feel sorry for you guys having to wait soooo long for your results, at university you get them usually within 2 weeks and even then it seems like forever!

Quick Reply

Latest