The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Hi TLG :smile:

You're definitely right about my wife not understanding and being unwilling to even try to see things my way. She keeps getting super angry at me and I don't get why she refuses to listen to me. Tbh I will probably be forced by her to see a psychiatrist next week so that's kind of ASAP - I just don't think they'll help with anything going on.

In hospital the psychiatrist said he had never seen someone on 40mg of haloperidol not being a dribbling mess, so, if this was all in my head, the meds I'm on should help with things but that's not the case? I have tried many drugs over the years and a lot of them really clouded my thinking which I definitely don't want - I feel like I'm thinking freely right now and I've realized everything going on. I just don't know how to get out.

I appreciate you trying to help especially as you seem to know how scary and hard this is for me right now. I don't really know who to trust or what I should do next. I wish I could believe that everything could be fixed by a psychiatrist but previous experiences have shown me that's wrong.

I really hope you managed to get a good night's sleep and thank you for your post. :hugs: You've made me think over things though tbh I do feel kind of lost still. :colondollar:

Hey :smile:

It saddens me that your wife gets angry at you and so often- I hope you are able to see that this situation is not your fault and that you are not taking her anger upon yourself :sadnod:

I don't know why the haloperidol isn't working for you as one would expect :frown: I'm inclined to think that if it works differently for you than it does for other people, maybe it's not the drug for you either? :dontknow: I'm not a dr though, obviously!

There are benefits to not being so drugged up that you can't think freely. I at least find it nice, not being so sluggish, in my rare moments of brain clarity :colondollar: But tbh I don't feel that that clarity is worth the way you are feeling now. You appear to be paying a heavy price (through no fault of your own!) for this ability. It's not worth thinking freely if it's resulting in such strong persecutory delusions and leaving you scared, ill and vulnerable :no:

Dw - I am not so naive that I thought I could I could help to change your mind. It is very confusing and scary and disorienting, thinking there's a government plot working against you :frown: I just wanted to show my support, understanding and compassion, whilst trying to help ground you a bit better :colondollar: I'm sure you wife means well but I don't think shouting or getting angry gets one anywhere, and that there are better methods of trying to ground someone experiencing persecutory delusions :yes:

Big hugs! I'm out all day today, so replies will be slow :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not a failure and you deserve the very best that life can offer! :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou!
Appreciated!!! :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the advice :smile: Yeah I'm beginning to realise that distraction is the best method, I think its the spike in anxiety which makes it harder! But in the end they do seem to go away, so I'll just keep trying :smile:

No worries!
Tbh distraction is really the only method that will provide long term relief from this.
Yeah that will make it harder I'm afraid but all you can do is just sit it out and things will improve for you! Guaranteed!!
Excellent to hear!!! :smile:
Original post by WolfGangPro
I can sympathise, a few months ago I was in the same boat.

You wake up, (thats if you managed to sleep) wishing you didnt, no desire to do or be anything.

"Is this it, is this my life?"

Its not, its a bad patch things will change. Force yourself to do something, go for a walk, indulge. **** everything else, focus on your happiness, your selfish needs.

Damn I'm sorry to hear that!

I hope things will change! It would be nice to be happy again!
I have been going for walks tbh. Not found much enjoyment or satisfaction tbh.
Indulge in what?
Not posted in here in ages! Hope everyone's doing okay, big hugs especially to Saber, TLG and Anon 1 (also that thing in the other thread is amazing :eek:). Has anyone heard from Pathway recently too or know if she's alright? :s-smilie:

Original post by Anon #2
Feeling so angry and let down with IAPT. Travelled back home (a train and bus ride) today to see my therapist and after 5 minutes she said it looked like I was feeling better so that would be my last appointment and I was sent on my way. I had 5 sessions (with a break of 3 weeks because she was off sick) and she just didn't "get" me. I understand she probably sees loads of people a week but I felt like I was always having to repeat myself and remind her of stuff which was frustrating for me. She was visibly uncomfortable with any mention of SH and suicidal ideation and always whispered when they were brought up. Part of me is glad I don't have to see her again but at the same time I don't feel like I got any benefit from it and what if she's like this with others who deserve good treatment too?
That's just bad :/ is there any way you can request to see someone else, talk to your GP about it? Hard to do and shouldn't be in the situation in the first place but yeah. You deserve better than that, and so do her other patients as you say. Refusing to talk about what people need to will never help anybody, especially where they could be in danger

Original post by FireFreezer77
x

Just realised I never replied to your VM sorry :/ hope you're okay, you're not a failure or anything like that at all I promise- you help people here and I'm sure in real life, wouldn't matter if you didn't anyway and it's not your fault you're ill! You do far better than many people would in your situation

Original post by ScaryScience
I am broken. Irreparably so. The life I have been dealt is too much.

:jumphug: always here if can do anything :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
Not posted in here in ages! Hope everyone's doing okay, big hugs especially to Saber, TLG and Anon 1 (also that thing in the other thread is amazing :eek:). Has anyone heard from Pathway recently too or know if she's alright? :s-smilie:

I spoke to her 2 days ago :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(also that thing in the other thread is amazing :eek:)

Thank you :hugs:

~Anon 1

:jumphug: always here if can do anything :frown:

I spoke to her 2 days ago :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Hope you're doing okay- have a feeling I was muddling you up with someone else in the other post but goes for you too :redface:

Thank you :hugs:

~Anon 1

:hugs:

Original post by ScaryScience

Had a bit of an odd couple of days but am alright I guess, mentally at least. How've you been doing?
Thank you! Hope you're doing okay- have a feeling I was muddling you up with someone else in the other post but goes for you too :redface:

:hugs:

Had a bit of an odd couple of days but am alright I guess, mentally at least. How've you been doing?

Bit manic atm but trying to stop it from turning into full-blown mania :colondollar: Sorry to read you've had an odd couple of days :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel so scared right now. Been inside all day and now my wife wants us to go out for food with a friend of her's. I don't want to go but there's no way out of it. I'm worried about more cameras inside and more agents outside. I don't even think scared and worried quite explain how I feel fully. I'm on the verge of crying and have this horrible tight feeling in my chest, I feel like I want to run away and hide somewhere.
I know I'm depressed but I just don't have the diagnosis. I've been feeling like this for the past few years but recently it's has become worse. I can't get out my room, I don't talk to people, I'm constantly crying/sad. My family don't understand me. I'm too nervous to see my doctor about this and open up.
I don't usually go on this threat but I feel like I need too, after a 7 year battle (I'm 17 btw) my anxiety, depression and severe stress haven't gotten to its worst in the whole 7 year battle and I'm really really starting to give up now.. I went to the hospital today about other tests about my other health problems I have and I've probably recieved the worst news I could've tbh... and it's really really tipped me over the edge.. I don't have anyone to talk to.. argh 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
This heat needs to go away. I've had so many headaches this week that it's only a matter of time before the voices come out to play. :cry2:

Just realised I never replied to your VM sorry :/ hope you're okay, you're not a failure or anything like that at all I promise- you help people here and I'm sure in real life, wouldn't matter if you didn't anyway and it's not your fault you're ill! You do far better than many people would in your situation

Welcome back Miss FurryFace :biggrin: it's nice to see you again!

No worries! I'm feeling better than last night thanks! That was just awful tbh!
Well Thankyou but I feel like it at times! Really? Thanks! Oh no I don't in real life, no one will speak to me and I have no friends so I can't really do anything tbh.
Well I should've been stronger to resist it but I wasn't!
Thanks but others do far better than me too of course!

Hope you're well!
Don't think I ever realised how much I rely on notifications... Sorry if I ignore anyone, it's not intentional! Welcome new people too :smile:

Bit manic atm but trying to stop it from turning into full-blown mania :colondollar: Sorry to read you've had an odd couple of days :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that, hope you can :s-smilie: did wonder reading your PhD blog the other day but never got round to commenting :redface: getting some done is good though. And thanks, probably mostly good stuff in the long run just takes some getting my head round and not sure what to make of it all. Might actually finally be getting some help apart from anything else but not even sure as I want it. Will get there eventually I guess

Original post by FireFreezer77
Welcome back Miss FurryFace :biggrin: it's nice to see you again!

No worries! I'm feeling better than last night thanks! That was just awful tbh!
Well Thankyou but I feel like it at times! Really? Thanks! Oh no I don't in real life, no one will speak to me and I have no friends so I can't really do anything tbh.
Well I should've been stronger to resist it but I wasn't!
Thanks but others do far better than me too of course!

Hope you're well!

Glad you're better than last night at least. Sorry you don't, you still do on here though! And you're stronger than you think, and we can't always just resist everything so try not to put yourself down so much! (yeah I know this is me talking but there you go :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decided to plow my anger and sadness into my coursework, after all is that not my ticket out of here.
14 months will be 13 in 7 days, which will be only a year a month after that.
If i can break it down into that perhaps it is bearable.
Maybe :redface:

~Anon 1
I like to throw **** at people
(edited 7 years ago)
I like to throw **** at people

Hey, are you okay?
Really shouldn't watch horror films; it sets off my paranoia so much aha, and it doesn't exactly need much help at the moment :P

Latest