The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

sorta of confused...

Firstly, can anyone help me understanding this? uni stuff.png what does the status bit mean?

Also my mum really doesn't want me to go to uni so it was only yesterday i managed to get her to sort her part of the finance, i have yet to send of the letters and it takes six weeks to process. what should i do if its not done for when i need to enrol:frown:
thanks twidge
Not sure what that is, contact the university to find out as well as UCAS.

Send out the letters right now.

You should ideally have sent them out before even getting a response back from your uni but it should be okay.

Just contact your uni and tell them that you're still waiting to hear back from student finance but it should all go through okay, they'll understand as people go through crap with student finance all the time.

I think you have like 2 weeks after your course starts to pay anyway, or you can leave the course without having to need to pay for anything (you'll obv need to inform the uni that you've left or they'll just assume you're still on the course).

You should be in time if you do it all now though (it's just filling some stuff out online and printing out a form and sending it with a stamp with any other paperwork that's needed. If possible send it first class or next day delivery so it gets there sooner, it'll be worth to make sure you get it processed in time. I sent it by recorded delivery to make sure mine got there.). Also contact student finance to make sure they've got it and it's being processed by them, because I'd sent mine by recorded delivery I had the delivery number and was able to find out that they had it but they hadn't started processing it for some reason!

Make sure you send _everything_ that student finance asks for by the way and you sign and date everything correctly.
Send it out right now.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Edit: I had a look on the Staffordshire site by googling "staffordshire university art foundation year september 2016" and it came up with a page saying the first day is 12 September 2016, confirm this with the uni but you should be in time if you send off the paperwork now and chase up with student finance to see how things are going (don't be annoying to them though or they might process your paperwork a little slower - people can be *******s...)
(edited 7 years ago)
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by catinsomehat
Not sure what that is, contact the university to find out as well as UCAS.

Send out the letters right now.

You should ideally have sent them out before even getting a response back from your uni but it should be okay.

Just contact your uni and tell them that you're still waiting to hear back from student finance but it should all go through okay, they'll understand as people go through crap with student finance all the time.

I think you have like 2 weeks after your course starts to pay anyway, or you can leave the course without having to need to pay for anything (you'll obv need to inform the uni that you've left or they'll just assume you're still on the course).

You should be in time if you do it all now though (it's just filling some stuff out online and printing out a form and sending it with a stamp with any other paperwork that's needed. If possible send it first class or next day delivery so it gets there sooner, it'll be worth to make sure you get it processed in time. I sent it by recorded delivery to make sure mine got there.). Also contact student finance to make sure they've got it and it's being processed by them, because I'd sent mine by recorded delivery I had the delivery number and was able to find out that they had it but they hadn't started processing it for some reason!

Make sure you send _everything_ that student finance asks for by the way and you sign and date everything correctly.
Send it out right now.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Edit: I had a look on the Staffordshire site by googling "staffordshire university art foundation year september 2016" and it came up with a page saying the first day is 12 September 2016, confirm this with the uni but you should be in time if you send off the paperwork now and chase up with student finance to see how things are going (don't be annoying to them though or they might process your paperwork a little slower - people can be *******s...)

thank you , this is very helpful information why is going to uni such a pain in the butt haha :smile:
Original post by twidge
thank you , this is very helpful information why is going to uni such a pain in the butt haha :smile:

hi Twidge, are you ok with what is happening at the moment? please dont worry about SFE at the moment, we can sign post you if it is still not sorted when you get here as we have money doctors :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending