The Student Room Group

football career

hi, im using my relatives account to ask this since i don't have an account, im currently 15 and i've always wanted to become a footballer since i was young, i recently attended a week trial with Manchester united fc , and i clearly showed i was the best player there, every training session i showed i was above the other players in technique and fitness and in the matches i scored the most goals, and i know i sound arrogant but im not, i started properly training hard at football ,day and night every day since i was 12. Anyway i didn't get in and i always said to myself this is your last chance if you don't get in you have to quit football and focus on academics since my final gcse's will be next year and i wont be able to do both, plus getting scouted at 16 which i will be next year,is very unlikely, although i know i need to be realistic i just cant bring myself to quit,(when i mean quit i don't mean quit all together i mean quit perusing a career in football) because i want to do what i love doing for a living. any advice?
Obviously a wind up, but 'training properly' from the age of 12 is far too late.
Join a local semi professional club (tier 5-8). This allows you to focus on academics whilst still being able to play a decent standard of football. I'm sure there are also plenty of scouts at this level; looking to take the best from lower tiers into professional football. Jamie Vardy did it that way. If you are unable to reach professional standard just remain as a part timer and have another job on the line.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Obviously a wind up, but 'training properly' from the age of 12 is far too late.

why would it be a wind up?, i don't have anything to gain by lying, and yeah the age thing was always a problem because most players who did go pro were in academies at a young age.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending