The Student Room Group

Munich shooter had "no link to Islamic state"

Scroll to see replies

In 2016 alone - we have bared witness to 1,274 Islamic terrorists attacks in over 50 countries, resulting in the deaths of 11,774 people and injuring a further 14,303. In the past fortnight here in Europe, France has experienced the death of 84 people at the hands of radical Islamic terror with over 200 injuries - not to mention the lone knife attacks which have taken place in Germany and France in the past two weeks as well. Islamic State is hellbent on inflicting misery on people who don't adhere to their skewed misinterpretation of Islam, more so in Europe given the role European powers have played in the military offensive against Islamic State arsenals in Iraq and Syria.

On the evening of the 22nd of June, we were informed of a shooting by a man outside a fast food restaurant just a few days after the tragedy in France. Given the pertinence of mass terror in Europe at the hands of radical Islam, I don't how one can denounce the presumption made by many members on this forum that this is likely to be related to Islamic State given recent events and the continuous threat they pose to European peace and freedom. Albeit the shooter in question - now we know - has no ties to Islamic State, the presumption otherwise was not an unfounded proclamation at the time.

I understand this thread was meant to appease left wingers who want to giggle and jeer at the noninvolvement of Islam, however the notion that this detracts from the horror which families would have went through on that evening or the incessant threat that Islamic State poses to the freedoms of western democracy has not been mitigated by the actions of one loner in the murdering of nine innocent people. The left are the people who have an utter inability to criticise the incompatibility of Islam in western society which is why far-right populism is thriving in many afore liberal European countries.

@WBZ144
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jake4198
In 2016 alone - we have bared witness to 1,274 Islamic terrorists attacks in over 50 countries, resulting in the deaths of 11,774 people and injuring a further 14,303. In the past fortnight here in Europe, France has experienced the death of 84 people at the hands of radical Islamic terror with over 200 injuries - not to mention the lone knife attacks which have taken place in Germany and France in the past two weeks as well. Islamic State is hellbent on inflicting misery on people who don't adhere to their skewed misinterpretation of Islam, more so in Europe given the role European powers have played in the military offensive against Islamic state arsenals in Iraq and Syria.

On the evening of the 22nd of June, we were informed of a shooting by a man outside a fast food restaurant just a few days after the tragedy in France. Given the pertinence of mass terror in Europe at the hands of radical Islam, I don't how one can denounce the presumption made by many members on this forum that this is likely to be related to Islamic State given recent events and the continuous threat they pose to European peace and freedom. Albeit the shooter in question - now we know - has no ties to Islamic State, the presumption otherwise was not an unfounded proclamation at the time.

I understand this thread was meant to appease left wingers who want to giggle and jeer at the noninvolvement of Islam, however the notion that this detracts from the horror which families would have went through on that evening or the incessant threat that Islamic State poses to the freedoms of western democracy has not been mitigated by the actions of one loner in the murdering of nine innocent people. The left are the people who have an utter inability to criticise the incompatibility of Islam in western society which is why far-right populism is thriving in many afore liberal European countries.

What? All I've done is create a thread to state a fact. Please tell me where I am implying that this distracts from the plight of those involved? Lying again, are we?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
What? All I've done is create a thread to state a fact. Please tell me where I am implying that this distracts from the plight of those involved? Lying again, are we?

Where did I say that you were implying it?
Reply 23
Original post by generallee
He's named after the Fourth Caliph.

:facepalm:
Reply 24
So, it seems like an Iranian kid killed Turks and Albanians. Welcome to what was once "Germany". Seems like a failure of multiculturalism rather than being Islam related though.
Oh cool, so maybe next time you won't assume that I'm celebrating any aspect of this attack either; I too am not a total psychopath.

I never claimed it were a Jihadi attack to begin with, you on the other hand were invested in the idea of a far-right motive throughout the night this tragic event unfolded.
Original post by jake4198
Where did I say that you were implying it?

By saying that this thread was made for the sole purpose of that. It's not. It's to spread facts rather than paranoia and misinformation. You really don't like facts, do you?

Now, give me proof that this thread was made for left-wingers to giggle and jeer at the non-involvement of Islam. Does the OP show any indication of that? I've posted a link by the BBC, and stated what it contains.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36873784

Apparently the shooter was obsessed with mass killings.

Yes very obvious he was not islamic terrorist nor "far right"

Simply an angry messed up fruitslice psycho that got bullied and was fascinated with mass killers
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Atlas Thugged
I never claimed it were a Jihadi attack to begin with, you on the other hand were invested in the idea of a far-right motive throughout the night this tragic event unfolded.

No, I was not. I posted once that it seemed increasingly likely, after various sources indicated it at the time, and that was it: even THAT was after I informed OP to wait for facts. Stop making things up loool
Original post by Crassy
So, it seems like an Iranian kid killed Turks and Albanians. Welcome to what was once "Germany". Seems like a failure of multiculturalism rather than being Islam related though.

It's mental illness and social failings rather than multiculturalism. Some kid from a poor background doesn't have much confidence or good prospects to do well in life, he gets bullied by the people who would be his support network so he develops unhealthy interests in killing sprees.
Linking another article that seems to provide more clarity as to the shooters motives and mindstate
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/munich-shooting-german-iranian-gunman-targeted-children-outside/
Reply 31
Atlas Thugged
It's mental illness and social failings rather than multiculturalism. Some kid from a poor background doesn't have much confidence or good prospects to do well in life, he gets bullied by the people who would be his support network so he develops unhealthy interests in killing sprees.

Mental illness and social failings can be exacerbated by multiculturalism. Sounds like he grew up alienated in an environment with no real identity, neither German nor Iranian.

Of course, I accept this might not be the case, obviously I didn't know him and it may be stupid to politicise such a case at all, but the whole "I'm German, I was born here" thing hints at it.
No, I was not. I posted once that it seemed increasingly likely, after various sources indicated it at the time, and that was it: even THAT was after I informed OP to wait for facts. Stop making things up loool

Look at the evidence in a critical manner. He said ''I'm German, I was born here'', that does not in any way indicate a far-right motive. At one point witness reports suggested the attacker yelled Allahu Akbar in the restaurant, but that again doesn't indicate an Islamic motive, it could just as easily have been an innocent member of the public shouting the Takbir as they try to escape.

I think I am the only intelligent poster in this thread, even if I do say so myself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Crassy
Mental illness and social failings can be exacerbated by multiculturalism. Sounds like he grew up alienated in an environment with no real identity, neither German nor Iranian

Most people who were born here, but who have foreign background don't have this problem; they see themselves as Brits but also hold on to their cultural identity without committing mass murder.
(edited 7 years ago)

For someone who claims to be the smartest guy in the room your dreadful grammar is rather embarrassing.

"I never claimed it WAS a Jihadi attack..."
The inanity (and ignorance of Islam) revealed in these threads is staggering.

He was a Shi'ite. The Islamic State are Sunnis. Of COURSE he wasn't linked to Islamic State. Duh!

The so called Islamic state are Wahabis and they follow the ideology of the pamphleteer Muhammad Ibn Abd al-Wahhab Najdi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look at the evidence in a critical manner. He said ''I'm German, I was born here'', that does not in any way indicate a far-right motive. At one point witness reports suggested the attacker yelled Allahu Akbar in the restaurant, but that again doesn't indicate an Islamic motive, it could just as easily have been an innocent member of the public shouting the Takbir as they try to escape.

I think I am the only intelligent poster in this thread, even if I do say so myself.

No, I don't think you're very intelligent. No-one here is saying it was far-right terrorism, yet you seem to think otherwise.

Don't tell me, Shi'ites aren't proper Muslims.
For someone who claims to be the smartest guy in the room your dreadful grammar is rather embarrassing.

"I never claimed it WAS a Jihadi attack..."

The choice between was and were also depends on the subjunctive mood of the statement. When referring to hypothetical situations, were is the correct choice. So please, get educated before you try to correct me.
(edited 7 years ago)
I still do not get why blame is the first thing of focus on this forum, when we should respect the victims (and the families of victims) of this senseless attack. The left should not celebrate that this is apparent right-wing extremism without an association with the typical Daesh attacks that have been common over the past few weeks. The right should not assume this is Islamic extremism, whenever something like this happens across the world. We should instead stand together and fight both religious and political extremists whilst respecting the victims and peoples whose names are smeared by horrific acts being done in their name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending